Battle for Humanity (Legion)

GhostMalone

“They thought they’d

broken us in the Depression, where our Father’s died, and our Brother’s burned.
They were wrong. We emerged, cracked, damaged, and unstable. But we ENDURED. We
SURVIVED where others didn’t. And from
the Ashes, we rise, reborn. We will operate in the shadows, a hidden blade that
goes for the throat every time. In time, they will fear us. And it will be glorious.”

-Shadow Captain Asha Xevin XIX legion, aboard the Iron Shadow, Raven guard Frigate

Untitled by vazzy2012, on Flickr

(Vigilator Ba'gen, Drake Knight Sa'arul, Brother Vo'ras)

(Brother Pythos, Sergeant Abraxes, Brother Xerxes)

Thought I'd add these here. The Shadow Captain is going to be based off of Eric Draven. I'm sure we all know who he is. 

Good lord, look at that giant sniper rifle! That thing is awesome, man. Counts as Missle Launcher?

I don't know yet. I just thought it looked cool. I'n my head it's a modified Grav rifle, that puts the Gravitic forces into a pin point that pops heads.  Count as ML is not a bad idea though.... I'm watching the Crow right now, and Draven's creepiness, yet Vengeful spirit is just how I imagined Xevin. I think it could work.

Also, Opinion on the makeshift bionic?

vazzy, those are awesome.

Step one of doing the lamellar skirt/chaps things for my jetbiker:

http://i.imgur.com/cOeysgk.jpg

the only thing I like better than a man in chaps......is a psycho conditioned, gene spliced mongol-man in chaps.........or absolutes hair!msn-wink.gif

Step one of doing the lamellar skirt/chaps things for my jetbiker:

the only thing I like better than a man in chaps......is a psycho conditioned, gene spliced mongol-man in chaps.........or absolutes hair!msn-wink.gif

lol

What I'm planning, if I can pull it off, is something like the armor a lot of the High Elves in WHFB wear.

Only a small update from me!

Built my third Wolf Guard Pack Leader/Legion Veteran Squad sergeant. (Just realized he has a crux on his gun, will have to file that off!)

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y397/JamBurgin/DSCI0012_zps39c3e8c3.jpg

Still need to buy his squad from forge world. I was thinking of getting them some MK II armor, but not sure how well it will blend in with my army which is predominantly MK IV that has a few MK V and MK VI pieces mixed in.

And here is the start to my Long Fang/Legion Heavy Support Squad.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y397/JamBurgin/DSCI0014_zps91643806.jpg

Thanks for looking, once I have everything built I will start painting them!

It's the conditioner I use msn-wink.gif

Please report to your nearest Interrogator-Chaplain. They would like a 'quiet word' with you regarding your sense of humour. whistlingW.gif

Alas, while we had some reasonable weather today, it happened to coincide with me working. It is supposed to rain for the rest of the weekend, so I'm unlikely to get anymore painting done at this time. Still tweaking a bit of fluff, will post on Sunday. Hopefully.

Also, now I'm on my home PC, I can finally see some of the pics you fine, upstanding transhumans have posted. Looking good, chaps. Vazzy, that Astartes-sized AMR looks mental! HS.gif

(Just realized he has a crux on his gun, will have to file that off!)

Guys, what's the deal with the crux terminatus. I know about in 40k they're all meant to have a bit of the emperors armour or some such, but did they not exist prior to this; i.e. is there no canon for cruxes in 30k? (ref: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Crux_Terminatus#.UjxApK1waAg)

What about the crux argentum?

Just want to know if I have to remove any crux from 30k era armour.

Cheers

Love the models Brother Wulox

(Just realized he has a crux on his gun, will have to file that off!)

Guys, what's the deal with the crux terminatus. I know about in 40k they're all meant to have a bit of the emperors armour or some such, but did they not exist prior to this; i.e. is there no canon for cruxes in 30k? (ref: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Crux_Terminatus#.UjxApK1waAg)

What about the crux argentum?

Just want to know if I have to remove any crux from 30k era armour.

Cheers

Love the models Brother Wulox

The Crux Terminatus was around in the 30k era, but I don't think it was as standardized as it in 40k, with every termie having one on the left shoulder. You don't need to remove them unless you want to.

I've decided that alongside my WE and my New project I shall also be doing character series project ie, angron fulgrim ferrus etc etc.

So now I need to buy another angron and I think it will be good to keep busy with 3 desperate projects ;)

HA!

brilliant, but alas no all I can really say is that I want to do all the character series and make them to the highest standard i can possibly produce. 

and for everyone as of Monday I shall be creating a new thread

XXth Legion Devils Brigade.     "The Worst Is Yet To Come"

I like it I just think that maybe it needs the ends of the metal sheets in spear tips or something sharp looking it currently seems to flat but it's still looking great

Lamellar is flat pieces of metal, sometimes with a rounded top edge, that has holes punched through them so they can be laced to a backing which is usually leather. It's different from scale mail, which frequently had a shape similar to reptile scales with a triangular bottom edge.

http://i.imgur.com/1AvGIQQ.jpg?1

Since the Mongols used lamellar and not scale mail (though their Chines neighbors did), I wanted to try to replicate the look of lamellar. It came out looking like quilted armor though. sad.png

maybe rivets at the top of the plates?

and I think I picked up on whats wrong.

with the armour you don't have it covering the whole area like it would over the cloth.

the tab at the bottom is fine like in the photo above but the inner leg shows cloth rather than the armour if that makes sense

This image is kinda what I used as reference, and it has the larger backing underneath it, which is visible on the inner leg:

http://i.imgur.com/qRzObFb.jpg?1

I've been looking around the web trying to find a tutorial for lamellar, and there isn't one. At all. :(  I found a sculpting board where someone asked about how to do it and the responses were basically "It's too hard to get it to look right, so everyone just does it as scale mail".  /sigh

Archived