Battle for Humanity (Legion)

GhostMalone

Uhg, so hung over today! Imma try and work on my Praetor and for the TDA guy, I think I'm going Legion Champion with him. why not, he looks like he exemplifies Hellhammer to me(when I get a hammer head on him!). I am also in the works of getting some Tamiya flat green. don't have an airbrush yet, but it does look nice, as green goes. It's a little on the olive side, but I think that will actually work for me(Retired Army and all).

but most of today is dedicated to reworking my Legio army list for this little project.

one quick question, does the command count as an HQ slot, or is it like 40k?

Jaspcat, on 28 Sept 2013 - 04:47, said:
That's what I want a blue purple and ill use this as a guide more than anything.

I promise they won't be horrible

Can you make a horrible mini? Hey, if the colour scheme is that eye-diverting it would fit with the AL perfectly! laugh.png

Uhg, so hung over today! Imma try and work on my Praetor and for the TDA guy, I think I'm going Legion Champion with him. why not, he looks like he exemplifies Hellhammer to me(when I get a hammer head on him!). I am also in the works of getting some Tamiya flat green. don't have an airbrush yet, but it does look nice, as green goes. It's a little on the olive side, but I think that will actually work for me(Retired Army and all).

but most of today is dedicated to reworking my Legio army list for this little project.

A legion command squad may only be taken as a retinue for a Legion Praetor. They share the Force Organization slot with the Praetor, but they don't have to be deployed together and are treated as separate units during the game.

Jaspcat, on 28 Sept 2013 - 04:47, said:

That's what I want a blue purple and ill use this as a guide more than anything.

I promise they won't be horrible

Can you make a horrible mini? Hey, if the colour scheme is that eye-diverting it would fit with the AL perfectly! laugh.png

>Uhg, so hung over today! Imma try and work on my Praetor and for the TDA guy, I think I'm going Legion Champion with him. why not, he looks like he exemplifies Hellhammer to me(when I get a hammer head on him!). I am also in the works of getting some Tamiya flat green. don't have an airbrush yet, but it does look nice, as green goes. It's a little on the olive side, but I think that will actually work for me(Retired Army and all).

A legion command squad may only be taken as a retinue for a Legion Praetor. They share the Force Organization slot with the Praetor, but they don't have to be deployed together and are treated as separate units during the game.

thanks for that, Archangel. I just love how they say that it's a unit of independent characters!

I'm with prime went out yesterday feel like :cuss.

So so so tired

last night I drank Fosters in your honor, but I think I wen't a little too far!

Fosters, Australian for "your going to regret this"!

What's the beast?

Milwaukee's Best, frequently referred to as The Beast because it's cheap, terrible beer.

Now I actually just found this in my junk box.

I need to find a way to dissolve the glue so I can strip it for parts.

Ideas?

Superglue or something else?

Superglue plastic glue nothing stronger

I don't think that you can dissolve the bond on it if its plastic glue.  I'm no expert but plastic glue actually "welds" the two pieces together by dissolving them slightly and then they are molecularly joined as one piece.  Like welding two pieces of steel together with a welder.  The super glue can be dissolved and broken apart but I'm not sure of the best way to do that either.  Did you glue that piece together?

The freezer things works sometimes. I bought some loyalist termies off of eBay a long time ago that had already been assembled, and I tried everything to get them apart. Nothing worked. I've never seen glue bombs like that before or since.

This is my first attempt at writing fluff for a miniature.  Let me know what you think:

http://i.imgur.com/ywiDolE.jpg?1

Captain Valdor Skaren, The Bloody Handed, Butcher of Morgary IV, Moritat of the Sons of Horus

He was a man of great authority, but very few would call him a friend.  He had shown great promise as a new recruit from Cythonia, but within 15 years of his finial implantation, Skaren's bloodlust started to become apparent. He came from a tribe that held strength and power above all else, and even after his indoctrination, these values were still deeply ingrained into Skaren's soul.  He wanted to be the best, he wanted to be the strongest, and the only way he knew how to prove these things was to kill better and more than his new brothers.   

On his first deployment, Skaren and his tactical squad were separated from the main fighting force by a large group of orks.  20 Luna Wolves surrounded by an uncountable hoard.  Only 2 members of the squad survived the encounter, Skaren Valdor, and Sgt Eakon.  The two bonded over their survival and Eakon became one of the few people that would continue to consider Skaren a friend as his career progressed. Skaren was pleased with the outcome of the engagement, as he had proven to be better than those that fell.  He felt nothing for the dead, and only saw their deaths as a means to further himself within the legion.

As his career progressed, Skaren was always found near the forefront of battle, killing as many enemies as possible.  Skaren, now a Sargent under the command of Captain Eakon began to request the most dangerous assignments within a battle plan, and since he had earned himself a reputation for efficiency, his Captain was happy to give these placements to Skaren.  While he still cared little for the men that fell under his command, Skaren had realised that he would have to ensure their safety if he were to progress within the legion.  This caused him to be one of the most vicious Sargent's within Eakon's Company.  He was ruthless, and would treat his men like little more than pawns, never building relationships with his men, and never showing remorse for their deaths.

He was a great tactician, which allowed him to build his personal accomplishments while sacrificing fairly few of his own men, but his bloodlust continued to grow.

He was assigned the rank of Lieutenant just before the compliance of Morgary IV, and was placed with a new company, the 27th assault company.  This was to be his first compliance as the ranking officer in charge.  Low resistance was expected, but Skaren didn't care.  He was deployed to the planed with 20 men, and was expected to return with news of compliance within 6 standard hours.  When he and his men landed on Morgary IV, thing went very wrong.

The landing site that the Thunderhawk touched down on had been rigged to explode. As soon as the Thunderhawk landed, the pad detonated, killing all but three
inside.  Skaren, a human pilot and a new initiate that Skaren had never bothered to ask his name.  These two would not survive long.  Skaren immediately tried to establish a commlink with the ship in orbit, but no link could be made.  The Morgary population had feigned compliance in order to seize the initiative and strike first. 

What happened over the next 6 hours is unsure to anyone except for Skaren.  When he had not returned to the ship, 3 more Thunderhawks were deployed to
Morgary IV to investigate.  What they found could only be described as a blood bath.  The dead bodies drew a path from the wreckage of the Thunderhawk and covered about 13 hab blocks to the Official State House of Morgary IV.  When counted, there were 247 dead civilians, 648 dead soldiers, one Luna Wolf human pilot, and one dead space marine found between the thunderhawk and the state house.

Inside the state house, Skaren was found surrounded by the bodies of all 183 heads of state from all across Morgary IV.  They had all been assembled over the course of the past few days in order to discuss the compliance as a world.  Skaren was standing at the central podium, laughing.  When he saw his brothers enter the state house he proclaimed:

"See all the fun you missed!  I have destroyed this planets government. Alone! This is my compliance!  This is my honour!  This is my world!"

It was apparent to the Luna Wolves that came to rescue him that he had been enjoying the slaughter, and he was returned to his ship.  After this compliance, many of the Luna wolves began to purposely avoid Skaren, as they found his joy taken in the slaughter unsettling.  He was returned to the Fifth assault company, at the request of High Captain Eakon, and was given a promotion to the rank of Captain for his success in achieving compliance on Morgary IV. 

He had achieved his goal, but had nothing to show for it but a true joy in killing, and the power of his command.  He had no one to call brother, as all members of the Fifth avoided any contact with his except when absolutely necessary.  He became known as Captain Skaren Valdor, The Bloody Handed, Butcher of Morgary IV, Moritat of the Luna Wolves.  A Captain without a comrade, a leader who's subjects feared him as much as they respected his tactical insights.  He was a man alone, except for his one true friend, Captain Eakon, Praetor of the Fifth.

Archived