Magic Man's Marines Errant; Its a kind of Magic! PG9

MagicMan

biggrin.png

A momentary break to gather my forces, back with a vengeance.

I avoided the pub and rushed these out tonight, just to make up for my absence. I will notice things i missed while painting them, lol. Gun markings/weathering ive already noticed.

Brother Targos and Brother Merrick are both long serving members of Tactical Squad Valens. Having served with distinction in many campaigns against countless alien horrors, both fight now with matchless fury after their Chapters tragic loss. Both will do all in their power to deny the hand that fate has dealt them, and their Chapter.

gallery_58164_8865_298830.jpg

gallery_58164_8865_94492.jpg

Got the Sarge and Grenade Guy next! Grenade guy is to remind me to throw grenades when im playing, haha.

gallery_58164_8865_14786.jpg

gallery_58164_8865_23512.jpg

Cheers guys! Small update, i did a bit of fiddling with the Sarge and im happier now. His backpack is more blingy, too.

Heres a WIP.

gallery_58164_8865_34044.jpg

Also had a go at a red helmet, since i thought i should try it before i mess up a cool Veteran helmet. Not sure if i'm that great at red. Not that the picture helps much... I need to get better at photography.. Haha.

gallery_58164_8865_74466.jpg

What do you guys think? In the Imperial Armour books, Veterans and Sergeants don't use the codex markings, but i think it'd help them stand out. Not too sure. :P

I love it! How did I miss these before? Best Marines Errant I have seen hands down. I would love for my Astral Claws to show your marines the error in their belief in the corrupt empire known as the Imperium. If I do end up making that Badab site I was talking about your a shoe in to have your army showcased.

As far as the red goes I like it but I think I might know why it looks slightly odd. It's so much brighter and warm then all your other colors which are very cold. I would go with more of a maroon or violety red.

Keep it going man.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

And cheers for the invite Nurgling, a real compliment from one of my favourite painters on the site. smile.png I think you're right about the warm/cold colours, which i think i fixed with a little bling.

Sergeant Valens, the Valiant, has a long and glorious history of unflinching courage and decisive victories against the many foes of Mankind. One of the diminishing number amongst the Chapter who has campaigned beyond the Ghoul Stars, and the borders of the Imperium itself, Valens can ever be found contesting the greatest foes in order to preserve the lives of his brothers.

gallery_58164_8865_44364.jpg

gallery_58164_8865_39143.jpg

gallery_58164_8865_71506.jpg

gallery_58164_8865_52294.jpg

Had a feth-ton of trouble with this guy! The basecoat spray went on all lumpy and horrible, and i had a real job trying to get him to look decent, but i think he's looking alright. I think the gold helps offset the coldness of the colour scheme, and ties the red helmet in nicely. But i could be wrong. tongue.png

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for all the comments, compliments, and C&C! I really appreciate it.

@Nurgling, Midian : I agree with you about the red. It did need something extra. However after a bit of playing around with White/Red helmets for my vets, i've decided to stick with IA and leave out the helmet rank colours. They just look better with the regular coloured helms. Theres enough going on in a two colour scheme as it is.

I had a few games at the weekend, and ive decided to shift my ''fluff attention'' (LOL) to Squads and Sergeants rather than individual guys, i'll never remember what i named each marine and what he's known for, but i'll sure remember each Sergeant and their Squads accomplishments.

It added some to my games when Sergeant Valens duelled an Eldar Exarch to protect his squadmates from the Xenos' power weapon. biggrin.png

And my latest WIP, Sergeant Ulixis, managed with his squad to destroy a monolith, then after the death of his comrades single-handedly destroy a Necron Lord and his bodyguard! Great stuff.

Anyway, heres a quick picture of how he's coming along, he's about 80% done. Thanks for looking.

gallery_58164_8865_25900.jpg

Archived