Magic Man's Marines Errant; Its a kind of Magic! PG9

MagicMan

Almost there! Haha. :)

The jumpack is from the Lord Executioner model from Codex SM, the legs are from the HH Legion Champion, the rest is Vanguard/Sternguard boxes. The cloak is third party bits, Anvil Industries. Highly reccomend. :) They're designed to fit between a SM torso and backpack, and even work for jump packs! 

Aha, yes! The cloak. Weird that I didn't notice it, given that it's yellow! And given that there's that exact same one sitting on my desk too. Must have been distracted by the genius of a half-and-half scheme on half-and-half armour (I know it's just the legs, still awesome).

Nice work man, I actually just spent today cutting up the Lord Executioner myself lol.

Looking forward to seeing it Heinrich. 

As for your new model MagicMan, he looks good- I'm generally not a fan of mixing armor marks; but it works very well in this case.

What bits do you need for Anton at this point?

Cheers dudes!

Looking forward to seeing it Heinrich.

What bits do you need for Anton at this point?

Well i need a spare Reaver Titan if you have it... lol

Really atm im just trying to find a good weapon to represent Thundershock, his special pre-imperial Plasma-Gun.

I've tried cutting up a plasma gun to make a different looking version, but all I ended up with was a cut up Plasma Gun.... teehee.gif

Sorry about that Magicman, completely forgot to offer those promised build suggestions!

Firstly, I'd take a really good look at the Bezerker plasma pistol as a good barrel, and finding a suitable gun body to go with it.

The old school chaos plasma gun from the 4th ed marines box was pretty nifty too, they updated it with the new sprue to the fatter, newer version. For me, this would be a perfect blend with the 'zerker plasma pistol. Fairly thin and more.human sized, typical of something that would be used by a rogue traders security detail.

If you wanted to go the other way and make something huge, another option would be mixing up the heavy flamer from the sterngard box with a plasma gun barrel. The 'tank' on the back could be easoly rejigged into a plasma canister with some plasticard fins.

Finally, it's worth checking out the old inquisitor Gideon Morr model, he holds a really cool ornate plasma pistol with a long profile. That might serve as some inspiration for the kind of weapon a 'ghetto fabulous' rogue trader may own...

Hope that helps somewhat, well worth looking at doing a blend with the zerk pistol, the wires snd cooling area on it look great for something older. Failing that, use a volkit charger if you wanna be really cheeky!

Honestly id say use a Volkite Caliver for it.. otherwise mod a lascutter (remove the front half and make some weird techy crap for the front) or use a modded legion plasmagun (scope, cables etc)

Definitely cool ideas all round.

I do like the idea of using a FW Plasma/Volkite, but i'm not really up for spending a fiver on one on Ebay haha. I'll have a think about it. :)

One of my favorite WIP to follow at the moment.  Marines Errant are one of the chapters I have almost started a force of several times.

Question:  Have you considered using some of the Blood Angels nipple-wing chest plates for Honor Guard?  That was one of the main things I was interested in doing, based on this image:

http://i.imgur.com/sRWtWGN.jpg

He looks good, even if I dislike legs being from different armor marks (or at least as different as mkIII and mkIV). They're still well painted though.

If you check out the photos on Forge World's website, you'll see that it's actually up-armoured Mk IV (I thought the same as you, and then realised that they very, very rarely mix armour types in the Heresy) albeit only up-armoured on one leg!

Have you considered using some of the Blood Angels nipple-wing chest plates for Honor Guard?

To second Eisenhorn's suggestion, there's actually a couple of those chestplates without the nipples that can be pretty cool!

Oh definitely! 

it was actually that Honour Guard picture that made me stop, and give Marines Errant a look.

When ive got a bit more of my core force done, i'll be looking into making a Chapter Master with a bunch of silver nippled friends. Minus the nipples. :P

• 5 weeks later...

Please forgive the slight threadomancy (its been a month). I have to commend you on some fantastic Marines Errant. These are some of the best I have seen (and that's saying a lot considering some of the work on show on the B&C).

Its been a pleasure reading through this plog so thanks for sharing with us.

Look forward to seeing more of your work Brother.

Cheers for the kind words, Yak!

ETL is upon us, and the Marines Errant are bringing a few knives to this gun fight...

gallery_58164_8865_69492.jpg

Small vow of a Tactical Squad + Librarian to start, but i'll see how I get on!

• 3 months later...

So its been a while....!

My Marines Errant have unfortunately been embroiled in a brutal campaign, fighting a numberless xenos menace.

(I started a Xenos army, boo hiss...)

Though their numbers are lessened, hope yet remains... The Deathwatch answers.

WHITE SCAR : Watch Sergeant Jebe, the black arrow, leads his kill team with all the ferocity and speed that one expects from a son of Chogoris.

gallery_58164_9916_58123.jpg

gallery_58164_9916_22303.jpg

BLACK TEMPLAR : Nemerac, the undefeated Crusader, fights with zeal unmatched in his pursuit of Xenos breeds. None have yet stayed his wrath, nor survived his deadly ministrations.

gallery_58164_9916_37830.jpg

UNKNOWN : Fell, the unmarked one. A Black-Shield in service to the deathwatch, he fights with a cold, clinical detachment that leaves his enemies broken and spent. His brothers doubt his origins, but none doubt his abilites. Fell excels as point-man, leading the squad through many Xenos strongholds.

gallery_58164_9916_110876.jpg

gallery_58164_9916_10707.jpg

Paint jobs, and extra Bro's coming soon.

Basically I took a break from my ME to start a second 40k army, its been pretty fun, but im getting back into my ME again. Ive got my failed ETL vow about halfway painted, and while im doing that, I thought it'd be fun to get some Deathwatch involved.

A five man squad, toting two combi-meltas, a lightning claw and riding in a Drop-Pod should fit the bill nicely....

Great to see this army back up, DW kitbashes look very cool, particularly like the SW helm on Nemerac, with the right paint job I can see it looking very templar-y.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cheers guys, Deathwatch squad is nearly done!

Ive been away alot recently, so very little hobby time, but hope to post them up later in the week.

Thought i'd share these pics for pure cool factor! :D

A Marines Errant strikeforce deploys to combat an Ork warband who have taken control of an Imperial Space Station...

gallery_58164_8865_28690.jpg

gallery_58164_8865_246709.jpg

Watch-Sergeant Jebe is finished!

A few quick and dirty pictures of this guy, just to prove I am actually painting something, lol.

I have about thirty guys who are oh so close to completion, but i keep getting distracted by other things. Ill get some nice piccies when the whole squad is done. :)

Hopefully have them up today.

gallery_58164_9916_53363.jpg

gallery_58164_9916_49099.jpg

Archived