Misericord is listed here as a Blood Angels ship, but I'm am fairly certain it is an Emperor's Children ship mentioned in Fulgrim. This is an amazing resource BTW Captain Semper, I think you have a future as a servitor!

Edited by DarKnight

VI Legion

Nidhoggr / ??? / ??? / Prospero Burns by Dan Abnett [bL]   SM Captain Ogvai Ogvai Helmschrott (Jarl of Trar)

Please note that I do not have a copy of the book Prospero Burns, only the Audio Book version, so I have never seen these names written down, spelling is guessed based on pronunciation in the audio drama.

Edited by Inquisitor Kravin

At the Battle of Phall, the "Legates" class battle barge Contrador was commanded by the Iron Warriors war leader Erasmus(?) Colg, who was the commander of the Legion's 11th company.

Gagoc has pointed out that I may have read "Legates" incorrectly and that it probably should be "Legatus".

Hyrion, on 26 Mar 2014 - 10:24, said:

-The Red Tear is described as an modified Gloriana Class Ship in .... forgot the name of the book about the blood angles and signus prime

-Barbaru's Sting is named Barbaros Sting in Collected Visions and and called a Strike Craft

-Gladiator World eaters Capital Ship collected Visions (misslabled as Death guard)

-Callidor is named Callidora in Collected Visions

Ok, let's see...

1) The Red Tear in "Fear to Tread", which I believe is the book you're referring, is referred to as "The Legion's Flagship battle-barge". Since I have the ebook version I made a search and the word "Gloriana" is not included in the book at all. Now if you are referring to a different book, we need the title, and I'll do the rest! :wink:

2)You are absolutely right - there are two version in the name of this ship. Question is, is the name of the planet Barbaros or Barbarus? I believe is the latter but if you feel otherwise point me to your source and will change it to the correct name.

3)Hmmm... in my version (the original four volumes with the card list in the end of the fourth one) it is clearly mentioned as a World Eaters vessel... Regardless, I'm adding it. Nice find.

4) Sorry, couldn't find that one... Which Legion?

Kol_Saresk, on 26 Mar 2014 - 12:55, said:

Captain Semper, on 26 Mar 2014 - 08:48, said:

The Contrador was aleady included as it appeared in the Crimson Fists novella in the Shadows of Treachery anthology. However this is a new sources andadds a very rare piece of info: A class for a Battle Barge! So I have updated this accordingly.

Nice find timdp!

BTW what do you guys think of this "Warships of the Great Crusade"? Are we getting a complete list? :ohmy.:

As awesome as that would be(especially if there were pictures), I think it'll just be a highlights reel of various notables.

I guess you're right... I actually hope there will be some gems there but far from a complete list.

DarKnight, on 26 Mar 2014 - 14:17, said:

Misericord is listed here as a Blood Angels ship, but I'm am fairly certain it is an Emperor's Children ship mentioned in Fulgrim. This is an amazing resource BTW Captain Semper, I think you have a future as a servitor!

Ah, the Misericord... You're right - but it's in Horus Rising... Will correct. Thanks for the kind words. :laugh.:

Inquisitor Kravin, on 26 Mar 2014 - 15:09, said:

VI Legion

Nidhoggr / ??? / ??? / Prospero Burns by Dan Abnett [bL] SM Captain Ogvai Ogvai Helmschrott (Jarl of Trar)

Please note that I do not have a copy of the book Prospero Burns, only the Audio Book version, so I have never seen these names written down, spelling is guessed based on pronunciation in the audio drama.

Nidhoggur! Nice catch Inq. Kravin! :thumbsup:

timdp, on 26 Mar 2014 - 17:58, said:

At the Battle of Phall, the "Legates" class battle barge Contrador was commanded by the Iron Warriors war leader Erasmus(?) Colg, who was the commander of the Legion's 11th company.

Gagoc has pointed out that I may have read "Legates" incorrectly and that it probably should be "Legatus".

Legatus it is.

I'll make the acrtual changes later on - probably tomorrow... dead tired now! :biggrin.:

Thanks everybody, keep 'em coming!

Hyrion, on 26 Mar 2014 - 10:24, said:

-The Red Tear is described as an modified Gloriana Class Ship in .... forgot the name of the book about the blood angles and signus prime

-Barbaru's Sting is named Barbaros Sting in Collected Visions and and called a Strike Craft

-Gladiator World eaters Capital Ship collected Visions (misslabled as Death guard)

-Callidor is named Callidora in Collected Visions

Ok, let's see...

1) The Red Tear in "Fear to Tread", which I believe is the book you're referring, is referred to as "The Legion's Flagship battle-barge". Since I have the ebook version I made a search and the word "Gloriana" is not included in the book at all. Now if you are referring to a different book, we need the title, and I'll do the rest! :wink:

2)You are absolutely right - there are two version in the name of this ship. Question is, is the name of the planet Barbaros or Barbarus? I believe is the latter but if you feel otherwise point me to your source and will change it to the correct name.

3)Hmmm... in my version (the original four volumes with the card list in the end of the fourth one) it is clearly mentioned as a World Eaters vessel... Regardless, I'm adding it. Nice find.

4) Sorry, couldn't find that one... Which Legion?

1.) its in fear to tread, but i don't remember the page it's only in the back of my mind... (the only "source" i can come up with is an wiki entry but they also don't say a page)

2.) it'S a problem the older source says barbaro's sting (Collected V.) but if it's also metioned in a newer book  you can go with it

3.) its an emperors childen vessel but just like barbaru/o's sting it's difficult to say whats the real name

4.) the gladiator: i didnt see it in your list so i thought it should be the.... in my version of visions its text says death guard vessel but the picture shows World eater m´symbols. dont know if there are newer and corrected versions of the visions

1.)Wiki entry... 40K Wiki? Yeah, no offense but they like to assume things. Like the anathame being a Nurgle daemon weapon even though it is an anti-Chaos weapon that can literally kill anything by severing its connection to the warp. So it is entirely possible that they read the bits in Prince of Crows and Betrayer where the Conqueror, Invincible Reason and the Nightfall(maybe the Fidelitas Lex, I don't recall at the moment) were all Gloriana-class starships and then just assumed that all flagships were Gloriana-class. Nothing against them as it would seem a logical assumption, but the picture of the Iron Blood seems to kill that idea.

3.)Unless it is Visions of Heresy, all of the "older" Visions should be the same. Visions of Heresy might have corrected that as it is supposed to be a reprinting more in line with the current state of the background, but I cannot verify as I do not own the book.

Nothing on the starships, but Captain Stenius of the Invincible Reason is Astartes, not human. He's listed as part of the Dark Angels Legion in the dramatis personae in The Lion from The Primarchs, and Jonson's perspective names him one of his "little brothers" (a nickname he used for his legionaries).

Ok, what I've done so far:

• The Contrador is now corrected to "Legatus" class (instead of "Legate" previously)
  • Added the Gladiator as a XII Legion Capital Ship (whatever that is) as per card list in the special edition Vol IV: Visions of Death (p.48).
  • The Red Tear remains unchanged unless someone can point to an official GW source saying otherwise. The current data is cross-checked from the Fear to Tread book.
  • Misericord is now listed under III Legion and is removed from the IX Legion.
  • Added the Nidhoggur as a ship of the VI Legion.
  • Barbaro's Sting (as mentioned in Collected Visions) is mentioned as "Barbarus' Sting" in the Flight of Eisenstein. Since the name of the Planet is Barbarus, I'll go with the Flight of Eisenstein version.
  • "Callidor" has changed to "Callidora" - as it is mentioned in the Visions
  • Nothing done on Stenius - still unconvinced... Need to research more...
EDIT: A funny thing as I did my (still inconclusive) research on Stenius, is that in Fallen Angels the Invincible Reason is referred to a a Battle Barge. Totally forgotten about it. I guess it was still a time that the largest ship Space Marines could have was indeed a Battle Barge. Seems aeons ago... :biggrin.: Edited by Captain Semper

As our brother arafel pointed out in a PM he sent me, I also corrected Loyalty's Lament to be a NLs craft (not BAs) and attributed Void Stalker correctly to ADB (d'oh)

So any more? C'mon there must be a ton out there...

Edited by Captain Semper

I went through the XIII Legion list, and I didn't see the Courage Above All listed there. It's the ship that was at the head of the Ultramarines fleet that found the Word Bearers/World Eaters at Nuceria (Chapter 19 of Betrayer).

Why exactly is the Vengeful Spirit so dammn powerful? I mean; I understand that it is a Battleship and carried a ton of spacemarines for any potential combat or boarding action(s)... But still!!

It is like, treated as though it is as much one of the Primarchs as Horus is - they never try to attack it, because I'm pretty sure a barrage of vortex torpedoes into the engine block of any spaceship will cripple if not destroy that vessel, as the Warp drive goes critical...

If I was a commander of a smaller ship I would go into cover underneath the surface of some massive stellar-body; such as a Gas giant. Then I would wait until the ship(s) had passed by my own vessel, then I would attack directly above his/her vessel (so that my prow is pointing towards the top surface of the warship). I would then unload every single weapon until my target is destroyed, even if I need to ram that target into oblivion and blow both our ships to bits!!

Lord Firebrethren

Lol... I was seaching through the pages of Lexicanium and came across the mention of an; "Atmospheric Incinerator Torpedo". What an awrsome idea!! Lets take a page out of the book of vect and "give" a "present" to our REALLY favourite warmaster.... In fact; give it to him while he is in his command tent - and add a dead mans switch, so that even if he does kill us in thanks... we can return all his love and praise :D :D :D

Lord Firebrethren

Why exactly is the Vengeful Spirit so dammn powerful? I mean; I understand that it is a Battleship and carried a ton of spacemarines for any potential combat or boarding action(s)... But still!!

It is like, treated as though it is as much one of the Primarchs as Horus is - they never try to attack it, because I'm pretty sure a barrage of vortex torpedoes into the engine block of any spaceship will cripple if not destroy that vessel, as the Warp drive goes critical...

If I was a commander of a smaller ship I would go into cover underneath the surface of some massive stellar-body; such as a Gas giant. Then I would wait until the ship(s) had passed by my own vessel, then I would attack directly above his/her vessel (so that my prow is pointing towards the top surface of the warship). I would then unload every single weapon until my target is destroyed, even if I need to ram that target into oblivion and blow both our ships to bits!!

Lord Firebrethren

Vortex torpedoes are a very very very very very very very

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130713132727/spongebob/images/b/bb/3_hours_later.jpg

very very very rare weapon. We haven't even seen these used in 30K only twice that I personally know of the BL 40K books.

Stalwart corrected - thx timdp!

Now let's see, any more ships that we might have missed? Didn't 'Unremembered Empire' add any? :unsure.:

Not really. IIRC, Macragge's Honour was mentioned and the Invincible Reason was seen. Oh, and we got to see the corpse of the Furious Abyss, but that's about it.

On just a quick search for the name "Thiel"(that's the sergeant the Alpha Legion was impersonating),

The only result that immediately mentions a ship is

“I do bring good news, lord,’ said Dolor. ‘I knew you’d want it communicated directly. A ship has put in. The pitiful thing has limped all the way from Calth, carrying the wounded and the weary. A sergeant called Thiel is aboard, and commends himself to your lordship.”

Excerpt From: Abnett, Dan. “The Unremembered Empire.” Black Library, 2013-09. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Oathbound

???

???

Riven by John French

Imperial Fist Ship

Thetis

???

Heavy Cruiser

Riven by John French

Iron Hands ship

Spear Strike

???

Light Cruiser

Riven by John French

Sons of Horus

Wolf of Cthonia

???

Light Cruiser

Riven by John French

Sons of Horus

Dawnstar

???

Light Cruiser

Riven by John French

Sons of Horus

Death's Child

???

Heavy Cruiser

Riven by John French

Sons of Horus

Imperator Somnium

???

??? (Freakin' huge. It was being attended by fleets of Battleships that appeared miniscule next to it :blink.: )

The Wolf of Ash and Fire by Graham McNeil

The Flagship of the Emperor of Mankind