Ok, I have added all the new additions (made a special note on Scramaseax saying it is not explicit that that's a Heresy ship).

I also added on the first page Cormac Airt's list of ship classes - thank you Cormaic - and thank you timdp and the guys over in the First Expedition for their kind contributions.

Keep 'em coming guys! :)

X Legion

Heart of Gold    ???   ???   Fulgrim by Graham McNeil [bL]        Status: Destroyed [Diasporex]

Nice find Capt Semper. 

Was it shaped like a trainer?

Edited by Scion of Ferrus

Ok, I have added all the new additions (made a special note on Scramaseax saying it is not explicit that that's a Heresy ship).

I also added on the first page Cormac Airt's list of ship classes - thank you Cormaic - and thank you timdp and the guys over in the First Expedition for their kind contributions.

Keep 'em coming guys! :smile.:

You added the Scramaseax note to the Ragnorok by mistake.

Have been taking a closer look at at some of the illustrations in Collected Visions and would like to throw up a few of potentially heretical thoughts for discussion.

(p37) EC Pride of the Emperor is quite obviously a grand cruiser, not a battleship. It has all of the distinctive features of a Heresy era (pre-Repulsive) grand cruiser: flattened prow, Chaos over Imperial style weapons bays separated by a secondary bridge, distinctive double main bridge, Chaos style upper rear hull and prominent bottom fin. Can't seem to find my copy of Fulgrim at the moment to skim for more descriptions of the ship.

(p32) DG Endurance is also likely a grand cruiser with most of the same list of characteristics: flattened prow, weapons bays separated by a secondary bridge, distinctive double main bridge, Chaos style upper rear hull and prominent bottom fin. The skull set into the hull fits with the info from Flight of the Eisenstein that describes Mortarian's throne room having the eye of the stone skull as an external window.

(p303) DG Spectre of Death

A closer look shows what appear to be at least two bays worth of double stacked Marine bombardment cannon weapon modules.

(p35) SoH Vengeful Spirit

Had been looking at the areas between the uprights as single weapons bays, but have realized that I had not been comprehending the sheer size of this ship. The archived thread here generally opines that the Vengeful Spirit is the largest Imperial ship that is not based on a chunk of planet (DA The Rock and IF Phalanx) or a Furious Abyss. With this thought in mind, a closer look at the Vengeful Spirit shows that each of what I thought were single weapons bays are actually five weapons batteries long and stacked up to four batteries high. Was definitely an "OMG, that thing is huge!" moment.

Did a little layout drawing of five BFG weapons batteries, a spacer and then five more weapons batteries as shown in the illustration. Together this stuff measures a bit over 8" long which translates to a real life length of 12km. Making guesses about the length of the prow and rear section of the hull makes Vengeful Spirit a bit more than 50% longer (and far more massive) than the IW Iron Blood shown earlier in this thread. BFG/RL lengths: Iron Blood: 11.375"/16.333km, Vengeful Spirit: ±17.5"/25km. Just to give an idea of the relative sizes, Iron Blood is more than double the length of an Emperor battleship and Vengeful Spirit is 3.5 times the length of a battleship.

Side note: Might be useful to have a ship class called "Unique" for the three ships so far that appear to be a "class" of one ship: Terminus Est, Iron Blood and Vengeful Spirit.

Update for the list: Spectre of Death also appears on page 303 of Collected Visions.

Edited by timdp

Just got Vengeful Spirit. The ships in the book are:

Raksha

Sons of Horus

???

Frigate

Vengeful Spirit

Destroyed in void battle over Moloch 

Enlightenment

Imperial

???

???

Vengeful Spirit

Implacable Resolve

???(Not sure whether it's an Imperial or a Traitor ship)

???

Destroyer

Vengeful Spirit

Devine Right

Imperial

???

???

Vengeful Spirit

Cthonia Rising

Sons of Horus

???

Vengeful Spirit

Frigate

Reaper of Barbarus

Death Guard

???

Destroyer

Vengeful Spirit

Destroyed in Void battle over Moloch

Some Collected Visions updates for Death Guard and Iron Warriors

Death Guard

Endurance - Collected Visions by Alan Merrett page  32, Grand cruiser configuration

Indomitable Will -  Collected Visions by Alan Merrett  page 37.

Barge of the Damned - Transport for Chaos Cultists - Collected Visions by Alan Merrett page 132. Death Guard insignia

Spectre of Death - Collected Visions by Alan Merrett page 303.

The Undying  - Collected Visions by Alan Merrett page 348. Standard M41 Battle Barge.

Barbarus’ Sting - Collected Visions by Alan Merrett

Valley of Haloes - Collected Visions by Alan Merrett

Iron Warriors

Contrador - Collected Visions by Alan Merrett

Edited by timdp

@ Master of Mankind: Great finding - don't have the book yet, so that's a great input! Now I have a question: The Divine Right is already in our list (Emperor Class Battleship) as described in the BFG Rulebook... Are you sure it is not the same vessel? Does it clearly say it was destroyed? Or is there any hint on its size (i.e. could it be an Emperor class battleship?) . We may have the same vessel or two vessels with the same name... 

Also Implacable Resolve... rings a bell... Can't remember though...

@ timdp: Endurance, Indomitable Will, Spectre of Death, Undying, Valley of Haloes and Barbarus Sting are already included in the list as is Contrador. I will add the alternative source. I also moved the Barge of the Damned to XIV Legion from "Other ships of the Heresy"...

Also interesting comments above - I'll revert!

@ Captain Semper Regarding Devine(Divine) Right, I should mention that the Imperial governor who rules the planet is called Devine. It could also be a typo,since it only appears once. The ship is clearly mentioned as destroyed, and I quote:

"A pair of fist to finger impacts penetrated the Imperial vessel's prow armour and a superhot plasma jet roared the length of its long axis. Gutted by searing fires, the ship exploded moments later as its weapons stores cooked off.

I know they were already on the list. Was just adding the additional CV sources.

@ Master of Mankind: Great finding - don't have the book yet, so that's a great input! Now I have a question: The Divine Right is already in our list (Emperor Class Battleship) as described in the BFG Rulebook... Are you sure it is not the same vessel? Does it clearly say it was destroyed? Or is there any hint on its size (i.e. could it be an Emperor class battleship?) . We may have the same vessel or two vessels with the same name... 

Also Implacable Resolve... rings a bell... Can't remember though...

@ timdp: Endurance, Indomitable Will, Spectre of Death, Undying, Valley of Haloes and Barbarus Sting are already included in the list as is Contrador. I will add the alternative source. I also moved the Barge of the Damned to XIV Legion from "Other ships of the Heresy"...

Also interesting comments above - I'll revert!

@ timdp: Yeap! I have added the alternative sources - excellent work! :tu:

@ MasterofMankind: I have added the two new additions as well as the the Devine Right (in "other ships of the Heresy")...

Here are a couple more ship in the lists that don't have their CV sources listed.

EC: Andronius , although this ship appears to be a frigate in CV (p190). Caption calls it a "strike craft" which could be a strike cruiser or even a frigate.

Mechanicum: Aratan

I thought someone already mentioned Malcador's Observer, but don't see it listed on Other ships. Its in CV as well.

I got Vengeful Spirit yesterday, and just reached chapter five, where it confirms that the Vengeful Spirit is a Gloriana Class Battleship.

So it turns out we missed a few ships from Betrayer. In the little blurbs between the prologue and chapter one, pages 17 to 18.

Word Bearers

Deadsong, Unknown Class, Unknown tonnage

Ultramarines

Legate, Unknown Class, Battleship

Aequitas, Unknown Class, Warship

Azureus, Unknown Class, Unknown tonnage

Tears of Kyanos, Unknown Class, Unknown tonnage

Immortal Patriarch, Unknown Class, Unknown tonnage

Igitur, Unknown Class, Unknown tonnage

Vinculum Unitatis, , Unknown Class, Warship

Status of all ships is unknown, but presumably only the Azureus and the Deadsong are still active as the Legate was under attack and already damged by World Eaters, the Aequitas was under attack by the Deadsong and was cut off mid-transmission and the rest of the Ultramarine ships were ordered to sacrifice themselves so the Azureus might escape and reach Armatura. Which would explain why they weren't caught off-guard by the Word Bearers and World Eaters at the beginning of the book.

OK guys - I'm pressed for time right now but I have updated the tables for the Vengeful Spirit and the Deadsong. I will update the UM ships and the CV references at some point tomorrow!

Thank you and keep 'em coming!

Did anyone order RAVENLORD?

I did, but these limited edition books tend to not be mailed until after two months. Will post any ships we get.

Did anyone order RAVENLORD?

*Raises hand*

Yup. Since I've had steady work, I've been getting these limited works direct, rather than rely on the vagaries of Ebay. Ravenlord will be mine soon enough. Whether or not I'll be beaten to the punch in listing ships will be another matter. ;)

Hey, Semper - the Imperial Fists ship Wrathful Vanguard has been listed twice. Tut tut. :P

Edited by Olisredan

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see, I'm up to chapter nine right now, so here's the ships mentioned so far:

Raven Guard

Avenger, unknown class, Battle Barge, Corax's Flagship, pg 17
Steadfast, unknown class, Cruiser, Commander Aloni's ship, pg 63
Shadowstrike, unknown class, unknown type, possibly a cruiser, pg 64  

Imperial Fists
Wrathful Vanguard, unknown class, Strike Cruiser, Captain Noriz's ship, pg 63

Edit - Now I have the opportunity to say so, I will: These are the only ships named in the whole novella. Which means we have two new ships for the list and two new references for existing ships. :smile.:
Edited by Olisredan

• 2 weeks later...

Omnissiax
???
Ark Freighter
The Harrowing by Rob Sanders [sedition's Gate Novella]
Mechanicum ship

Dentilicon
???
Light cruiser
The Harrowing by Rob Sanders [sedition's Gate Novella]
Mechanicum ship