Etzchayim's Ultramarine WIP - Roboute Guilliman Complete!

etzchayim

And - Time to meet my new Sicarius. 

Honestly, I'm not happy of my old Sicarius, even that is 3rd version.. 

So I started this conversion project long time ago, and recent day new Space Marine model make it perfect. 

Not painted yet, but I'll painted as soon as I can. 

I know Sicarius's rule is not well, but still I love it.

Remarkable Commander, Competitive Swordman, and Battle-forged Hero. How can't I love with him? 

But think about old(yes, original GW's) model. He just stand like some statue. Even he's put sheathe the sword and pistol !

I think he is front line commander(Yes, represented "Battle-forged Hero"), not some parade leader. 

So I begin conversion project, AGAIN. 

This time, is really hard and need really lot of time. Too many part, too many effort... 

I want he's posing is dynamic, like slashing his sword. 

Result is pretty good.

Actually I'm content with my new Sicarius. He is dynamic, poweful, and ornate as much as he's original model. 

http://pds21.egloos.com/pds/201506/24/54/f0087554_558ac59cd8e83.jpg

http://pds27.egloos.com/pds/201506/24/54/f0087554_558ac59d095e1.jpg

http://pds27.egloos.com/pds/201506/24/54/f0087554_558ac59b70604.jpg

http://pds26.egloos.com/pds/201506/24/54/f0087554_558ac59bd6743.jpg

I hope you like it!

Amazing work on all your models etzchavim.  That is one of the nice things about Ultramarines, and specifically 2nd Co. is that they had that picture in a few codexes ago of the whole company.  Equipment, armour, personal heraldry.  If you take this to the next level and recreate it to it's fullest, not only do you get an awesome fighting force now with the new edition, but you'll have an amazing looking army with fully converted hqs to give it more character.  Look forward to seeing more.

Absolutely love the painting and the converting youve done, especially on Calgar and sicarius.

One tiny tiny crit tho: shouldn't Sicarius' sheath for his sword be on his right side? If he holds the sword in his right hand, he would un-sheath from his left side, so he wouldnt have to reverse his grip.

Just a thought! :)

Absolutely love the painting and the converting youve done, especially on Calgar and sicarius.

One tiny tiny crit tho: shouldn't Sicarius' sheath for his sword be on his right side? If he holds the sword in his right hand, he would un-sheath from his left side, so he wouldnt have to reverse his grip.

Just a thought! smile.png

Thanks for your comment!

Actually, I had thinking about that earlier.

Maybe you are right, but here is my thought.

Look this original Sicarius model.

http://pds21.egloos.com/pds/201506/25/54/f0087554_558ae050d2aca.jpg

As you see, he holding the sheath in right hand on reverse. So I had question. "Why he holding on reverse?"

That pose make very difficult to draw the sword, and very hard to sheath too.

Is just sculptor had careless? or Is that any reason for that?

My personal answer is he using Gladius swordmanship.

You know, Roman Gladius sheath take right side, and draw right hand. Because they need to not bother when using big left handed shield.

Of course he is not using shield and Tempest blade is not short as Gladius - but from that original model, still I think he using that kind of swordmanship.

Well.. Anyway, Ultramarine's favored old terra concept is Roman, isn't it?

But maybe I'm wrong. I'm still suffer from this 'which hand' problem.. Thank for commenting!

What a return! Calgar looks rad, fantastic job on him. Love the base you've gone with, and the blue, and...well, everything.

> Always pleasure meet again some good old battle-brother!

Nice to see you again, Tarvick. I remember your kind reply on previously post and - Here is another kind comment,

Thanks for your watching. 

See this GW? That is how you model a special character. 

Seriously though, that Sicarius is incredible.  The motion you've captured in reposing it is breathtaking. 

> Yeah, See this GW? and you should change his sword AP 2! 

Thanks for praise, Chaplain. I really want he is dynamic but not too frivolous.

Amazing work on all your models etzchavim.  That is one of the nice things about Ultramarines, and specifically 2nd Co. is that they had that picture in a few codexes ago of the whole company.  Equipment, armour, personal heraldry.  If you take this to the next level and recreate it to it's fullest, not only do you get an awesome fighting force now with the new edition, but you'll have an amazing looking army with fully converted hqs to give it more character.  Look forward to seeing more.

> Thanks for watching, Acez. Actually new edition of Space Marine is pretty good for me. 

When I first start this project, 6 Tactical / 2 Devastate / 2 Assault is crazy way to building army. 

But now, There is Demi-Company, and useful way to using my army. 

Right now I had just 3 Tactical / 1 Devastate but keep pushing it. I look forward to showing more!

I wish the GW Sicarius model was this awesome. 

> Yeah. If does that, I don't need to conversion Sicarius, and don't need to buy Sicarius five time..

Thanks for your comment, GrandMagnus. I'll bring painted one soon. 

Just a thought! smile.png

Thanks for your comment!

Actually, I had thinking about that earlier.

Maybe you are right, but here is my thought.

Look this original Sicarius model.

-pic-

As you see, he holding the sheath in right hand on reverse. So I had question. "Why he holding on reverse?"

That pose make very difficult to draw the sword, and very hard to sheath too.

Is just sculptor had careless? or Is that any reason for that?

My personal answer is he using Gladius swordmanship.

You know, Roman Gladius sheath take right side, and draw right hand. Because they need to not bother when using big left handed shield.

Of course he is not using shield and Tempest blade is not short as Gladius - but from that original model, still I think he using that kind of swordmanship.

Well.. Anyway, Ultramarine's favored old terra concept is Roman, isn't it?

But maybe I'm wrong. I'm still suffer from this 'which hand' problem.. Thank for commenting!

Makes sense to me! I didn't know that about gladius', but if anyone can right hand draw a sword, it would be sicarius! :)

Ooh boy! Congratulations, that Sicarius is magnificent... no GLORIOUS!!! I will have to emmm steal this idea to produce on of mine.... kind of....

On another note, at the moment there are 5 different Ultramarines threads on the first page. Ultra coincidence or fate? lol

Makes sense to me! I didn't know that about gladius', but if anyone can right hand draw a sword, it would be sicarius! smile.png

> Absolutely. Well, at least codex sad he is "Master Swordman", isn't it?

Just noticed this thread. Amazing work! I will definitely draw a lot of inspiration from your 2nd Company, Brother Etzchayim. smile.png

>Thanks for noticed! I'm glad you said that.

I visit plenty post and got a lot of inspiration so if my post can give a inspiration to another people, that is really happy.

Thanks for your kind word, ShVagYeR. I must going to your post, too.

Ooh boy! Congratulations, that Sicarius is magnificent... no GLORIOUS!!! I will have to emmm steal this idea to produce on of mine.... kind of....

On another note, at the moment there are 5 different Ultramarines threads on the first page. Ultra coincidence or fate? lol

> Steal my idea !? No way. I know you are 'IMPROVE" my idea.

Share idea with some other people is always great things. I can't wait see your version of Sicarius!

Thanks for your kind word. I'm flattered.

And coincidence? No.. But that things happen "some chapter" held the first place over the 10,000 years. Isn't it? lol.

Great stuff. Calgar looks great and is much more dynamic then the stock power armoured model, though I'm used to his fists being bigger. Sicarius is awesome, much better then the static posy regular one.

> Thanks. I'm feeling little sorry for his powerfist too. But I want original Gauntlet of Ultramar. Eventually, he got a Avatar, Daemon Prince and other horrible stuff with that fist.

I always prefer 'in battle pose'. That is much more life for my army. Thank you for commenting and plz look foward to my another models!

dear god.......that sicarius is, um, well, wow!

this thread is made of pure champion stuff.

> Far away from the champion.. In this forum, there is too many awesome Ultramarine. 

But still that is a nice word. Thanks you. 

Your Sicarius is very inspirational - an amazing take on a classic model.

I much prefer yours to the original too!

> Thanks. Your Fabian is really inspirational too. I really hope your 3rd Company keep coming. 

Good night(at least, my country is mid-night) and day fellow Battle-brother. 

Today I had bring new Tactical squad. 

Making a 2nd Company is really tricky project. Specially when I'm really slow painter.. 

But I love converting and assembling model. This squad, 'The Indomitable' is most recent making squad. 

Here is original artwork. 

http://thumbnail.egloos.net/600x0/http://pds27.egloos.com/pds/201506/26/54/f0087554_558c198d3f306.jpg

Tactical Squad Solinus "The Indomitable"

Received Victorex Maxima honours during the retaking of Fort Telrendar, where they were first into the breach after Captain Sicarius. 

Fort Telrendar is where Sicarius was awarded the Valour Crest(yes, the decoration of his head) for his near-suicidal charge into the breach after nine-day siege. 

And Indomitable is first breach squad after Sicarius. From what these look, I assume they are 'front-line-squad' then I think on-going-assault pose is great for them. 

Fortunately new assault squad came out ! So I use those guys. 

Here is the result. Take a look! 

http://thumbnail.egloos.net/600x0/http://pds25.egloos.com/pds/201506/26/54/f0087554_558c1d7554c56.jpg

I don't know why picture is so small.. but most of them doing 'running' pose. 

There is old armor, purity seal, old flamer and bolter too. As like artwork. 

http://pds26.egloos.com/pds/201506/26/54/f0087554_558c198d62a81.jpg

Sergeant Solinus. My intended is right before he slashing the sword. 

So he stop running and got steady posing, then raise he's sword. I'm sure he swing around sword brutally right after that picture.. 

I hope you like this! Next time, I'll bring Bike Squad (or at least half of them lol

OK. As has been basically said by the others on both your Calgar & Sicarius, BLOODY HELL!!!! Really amazing models. Would not be surprised to see GW post sculpts very similar to those in 3 or 4 yrs like they did for (deleted material pending Officio Assinorium action-code level Alpha Extremis) Space Wolf Ven Dreadnaught & a certain new Dread model we Wolves have now. But that's my opinion. I do have to say that I think your Sicarius outshines Calgar even without paint. Really looking forward to paint. And whatever else you come up with. thanks for sharing.

Lovely work on the tactical squad, they're looking fantastic. I look forward to seeing some paint on Sicarius, he's killer.

> Soon! I had commission to paint right now, So as I done with this request model, I'll start paint with Sicarius. 

Thanks for always watching and commenting, Tarvick. 

OK. As has been basically said by the others on both your Calgar & Sicarius, BLOODY HELL!!!! Really amazing models. Would not be surprised to see GW post sculpts very similar to those in 3 or 4 yrs like they did for (deleted material pending Officio Assinorium action-code level Alpha Extremis) Space Wolf Ven Dreadnaught & a certain new Dread model we Wolves have now. But that's my opinion. I do have to say that I think your Sicarius outshines Calgar even without paint. Really looking forward to paint. And whatever else you come up with. thanks for sharing.

> I agreed on GW. Recent day they sculpts is too similar each other. 

I hope they came out some brilliant new model. or Remaking some special character. 

Space Marine is bulk up now but old character model is still slim... I want fix that.

Hello, guys.

Today I'm bring a snick pic of on-going sicarius.

Not yet to completely painted, but I want show how that going now.

Here it is.

http://pds26.egloos.com/pds/201507/02/54/f0087554_5594b36fd1ba9.jpg

That all for now. I hope you like it! See ya!

First off, your conversion skills and painting are brilliant.

Secondly that sicarius is top notch I made my own version of him for my scythes of the emperor.

And thirdly, I'm 100% loving the effort going into keeping with the pictures of the second back from 5th ed codex of the 2nd company.

Fantastic work brother all round

Archived