BA Digital Codex

Unbreakable

I'm totally OK with this if it adjusts the codex costs downward towards C:SM and tweaks a few things like adding the Stormtalon and Centurions, because honestly, what else do BA need?  They have amazing plastic kits already plus the whole new line of Space Marines to work with.  I think it's super smart for them to not drag their feet in updating the army, especially considering how popular they are.  I say bring it on, but MAN, I wish they would update the cover.

I don't think it's crazy to think they'll adjust some point costs and add the new units to the Codex.  They have nothing to lose by letting the hordes of Blood Angels players buy Centurions, Stormtalons and Stalkers.  

Otherwise, what would be the point?  Unless they are just doing a straight up "Look, the Blood Angels Codex is digital now" sort of thing, in which case I wouldn't worry about this meaning that a new Codex is way off--in either case I'd imagine there will be a new hardcover a year from now.

Well....there goes my theory about correlations between digital codex availability and proximity to an update. Hoping they'll take the time to actually do make some slight changes, though if they did, we should probably see one w/ wolves too. I'm stoked for the Sisters players out there to finally have a legit update. That dex will probably need a full on revamp similar to the 2-month Fantasy Dark Elves line if they're going to do it right.

They will never adjust anything other than typos, or oversights like they did for DA and Chaos. Otherwise it's utter mayhem when the printed version doesn't match the digital.

I think thats what it will be, just a reprint with the updated FAQs

They will never adjust anything other than typos, or oversights like they did for DA and Chaos. Otherwise it's utter mayhem when the printed version doesn't match the digital.

While I wish that this wasn't the case, this is most likely what is happening. And I could easily see the mayhem that would ensue. If they release digital only codexes (sp?), there are a lot of people that would be extremely upset. Me being one of them. I like digital books for reading, not for my game rules.

Looks like our codex will be available digitally shortly, sadly I think this more or less signals we could be in for a long wait for a new one sad.png

Maybe that's the other way around. We were published after Space Wolves but now we seems to have gained some sort of priority. I wouldn't conclude on that too fast. Also Space Marines were put into digital codex juste to be released for 6th after less than one year.

Also note that if all of this is legit, Sisters have a new covert art on par with other 6th codex, but the covert art for BA isn't updated.

The pic I've seen mentions a Warlord table for the Sisters codex, so they might be getting a small update to go along with their digital release.  I'm calling it a toss-up if they update BA with the digital or not; I'd desperately appreciate a re-costed codex with no other changes, but wouldn't be heartbroken if it was just a re-print.

And as far as print not matching digital, I expect it will be like the supplements, you get the digital and then if that sells well, they bump the hardcopy version through the printers and we get a paper copy in a month or two.

I was all excited about this yesterday, but I've finally come down from mount optimism. At best, they FAQ our book and give us Warlord Traits and access to some units from Codex Space Marines. Honestly, I'd be shocked if we even get that. Looks like our next Codex is farther out than I thought. ermm.gif

I'm going to a tournament with my BA in 3 weeks.  If I had a digital copy to search at will (I have a Kindle, so maybe no dice for me unless I borrow my wife's old iPad), that would be nice, even with no changes.  I always find myself forgetting things when I'm trying to get all 5 turns in during a tournament, and any time saved searching can keep allow me to look up things I might skip otherwise.

I'm going to a tournament with my BA in 3 weeks.  If I had a digital copy to search at will (I have a Kindle, so maybe no dice for me unless I borrow my wife's old iPad), that would be nice, even with no changes.  I always find myself forgetting things when I'm trying to get all 5 turns in during a tournament, and any time saved searching can keep allow me to look up things I might skip otherwise.

This isn't something I'd buy. I just write all the pertinent info on my army list so I don't have to look anything up.

I was all excited about this yesterday, but I've finally come down from mount optimism. At best, they FAQ our book and give us Warlord Traits and access to some units from Codex Space Marines. Honestly, I'd be shocked if we even get that. Looks like our next Codex is farther out than I thought. ermm.gif

Just curious, what else do you think the Blood Angels need, other than a points adjustment? I'm not trying to argue, I'm genuinely curious what Blood Angels players actually think needs to change in the codex other than small adjustments to make it competitively costed in 6th.

I'm going to a tournament with my BA in 3 weeks. If I had a digital copy to search at will (I have a Kindle, so maybe no dice for me unless I borrow my wife's old iPad), that would be nice, even with no changes. I always find myself forgetting things when I'm trying to get all 5 turns in during a tournament, and any time saved searching can keep allow me to look up things I might skip otherwise.

*COUGH*PDF It to your kindle*COUGH*

Also note that if all of this is legit, Sisters have a new covert art on par with other 6th codex, but the covert art for BA isn't updated.

Keep in mind that the Sisters codex didn't have cover art to begin with since it was published across two issues of White Dwarf.  While hilarious, it would have been poor form to sell the SoB codex with a cover that said White Dwarf across the top. :p

Just curious, what else do you think the Blood Angels need, other than a points adjustment? I'm not trying to argue, I'm genuinely curious what Blood Angels players actually think needs to change in the codex other than small adjustments to make it competitively costed in 6th.

What I'd wish for BAs is just point adjustments, flakk missiles and storm talons. Give me that and I am a happy bunny.

What I'd wish for BAs is just point adjustments, flakk missiles and storm talons. Give me that and I am a happy bunny.

Yeah, I feel like that's really all that is needed (well, the other new Marine units too). It'll be disappointing if they don't include those. The points reduction seems less likely, but who knows, we weren't expecting a digital release either.

some adjustments to characters perhaps. give IC to mephy, perhaps tone his stats down a bit at the same time. Make Dante Strike at Init. Add a few options to captains/sergeants that are currently missing, point cost adjustments to be in line with marines, a chapter trait more in line with the new marine ones. Some warlord traits and BA relics.

done.

Archived