BA Digital Codex

Unbreakable

They could quite easily make significant balance changes to the codex digitally and include all the changes in the FAQ & Errata article online, and include a sticker on the back or a flyer inserted into the print copies on sale in store telling people they need to make sure they check Games-Workshop.com/FAQ  for the latest updates to the Blood Angels army

They could quite easily make significant balance changes to the codex digitally and include all the changes in the FAQ & Errata article online, and include a sticker on the back or a flyer inserted into the print copies on sale in store telling people they need to make sure they check Games-Workshop.com/FAQ  for the latest updates to the Blood Angels army

I doubt they would do this. I don't see GW giving rules with that many changes away for free. Not when they can charge you $20+ for a digital copy of a said updates. 

I doubt they would do this. I don't see GW giving rules with that many changes away for free. Not when they can charge you $20+ for a digital copy of a said updates. 

Panem et circenses, just for a change perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...

This was posted by Natfka today.

"The Blood Angels book will only include Errata changes and things like hull points and unit types from the new edition. It won't have any new items, as that would make the print book out-of-date before its time. Sisters of battle don't have book at all the the moment, so we have a good deal more freedom to put cool new stuff in the codex."
wallbash.gif

I saw that this morning as well, and expected just as much.  It's a valid point, if they update points, warlord traits etc, it makes the current copy redundant, and everyone would need to buy the digital codex.  We will have to wait a while for our hardcover copy Brother.

The Templars didn't really come out anywhere near as bad as implied Firepower. And you'll find quite a good number of BA players that would have been just as happy to become a sub army of Marines again with a possible supplement to get other cool stuff later on as well.

So I guess what I'm saying is... it's down to perspective! :)

I saw that on FB this morning and was ecstatic for a moment, then realized no way was an update for us coming that soon and sudden, but that's alright! We've suffered worse and come out alive, if Signus and WD-codex didn't kill us, a little disappointment won't either! ;) 

When I first saw that we were going to get a digital dex I was a bit interested.  Then I asked about the army builder function (like what the space marine dex has).  Not included in the BA (or the SoB for that matter).  The reason this is getting pushed live is to over a "complete" library of codex's.  Zero reason to buy this if you already own the paper dex.

That's as may be, but I think it needs mentioning that this isn't necessarily a codex for us. I think it's good that they're digitising the current one, as there will be new players coming into the fold, and they might find a digital copy easier/more convenient.  It's nice to have options, after all. Yeah, it's not particularly helpful to those of us that already own the codex, but I highly doubt we're GW's target market for this specific product!

Archived