Eagle Eyes, edited with lots o' pics.

JeffTibbetts

Lots of pics coming. C&C welcome, but I have no plans to change the colors used at this point. I am very willing to hear any suggestions you may all have, though. Bring it on. Some of these models are actually dusty. I didn't even notice before I took the pics. 

I'll start with the rank and file.

Tactical marine

They all have custom decals but I neglected to get a good shot of them. 

Tactical marine

Tactical marine

Tactical marine

Tactical squad sergeant

this last is the sarge, obviously. Reposed legs so he could stomp on a necron. Freehanded his banner but it looks really plain. I'll probably redo it or maybe even remove it. I haven't decided.

Tactical Rhino

The only rhino I have painted up so far. Big custom decals but the arrow is freehand. And a pain in the butt.

Now on to a couple of characters. First up, the captain. 

Captain Temoc

from the front, you can see his chain and bling. My chapter is pretty austere for the most part. The higher ups usually have carved jade honorifics, though, and you can see a jade aquila on his chest. 

Captain Temoc

Here's a jade carving on his pauldron. 

Captain Temoc

His rather plain cape. I kept it simple on purpose. It may be boring, but that's how my chapter rolls for the most part. 

Captain Temoc

Freehanded chapter badge and his name on the scroll. This was before I had made up the decals. So... His sword has necron glyphs on it but I will probably be changing this. It was an early idea that I think I will be scrapping. 

Now on to the chaplain. 

Terminator chaplain

Lots of black and jade. 

Terminator chaplain

With a flash mainly because it shows the gold a bit better. 

Terminator chaplain

More jade and scrolls. 

Terminator chaplain

With a flash again

Terminator chaplain

This shows off the little tiny custom decal I made for him with a black border instead of green. It fit perfectly! 

Thanks, man. I'd love to find a thinner paper because I have a hard time with the borders where I cut it out. Anyone have suggestions? 

Side note: I don't know why I have such a hard time with this forum. How do you post large-format pics? I've only figured out how to link from the galleries here and post a link from a website. 'Sup with that? 

Thanks, Messor. My thought for the green is that I wanted it to be as rich as the blue for  Ultramarines. The bronze takes on an almost hand-rubbed look. It's not that hard to do, and I dig it. I use various techniques for the bronze across the models... Partly because I can never remember the mix and partly because I actually like the variety and I don't think they clash since it's not the main color. 

Here come some termi pics and a couple of stragglers. I some closer shots of the decals and a jade crux this time. 

Assault terminator

Really either of the TH&SS guys will do as the sarge. You know how termies are... They're all like sergeants. The bald one is the real deal, but I like to think that this guy is taking over if baldy drops. I do like his pose. I think of it as either a challenge or sighting down the shaft for range.

Assault terminator

This dude looks like he's checking his range with his left and winding up a wicked jab with his right. 

Assault terminator

A more defensive pose. 

Assault terminator sergeant

My actual sarge. For whatever reason, I really love the way he's glaring over the edge of the shield, and holding the hammer back to signal caution or prep an overhead swing. 

Assault terminator

The jogging guy. That's him. I feel at least this awkward when I try to jog IRL. 

The whole gang

Jade-carved Crux Terminatus

Closer shot of the jade Crux on the TH&SS guy. They are a lot simpler than the character models' jade but it still has that glossy, polished stone look. 

Large format terminator decal

Closer shot of the sarge's decal. These large format ones are supposed to really fill the space on the big TDA pauldrons. They do so, but they're also a bitch to get on without crinkling. 

The gang, with flash

Group shot with a flash, in my IKEA case. Paired with the Termie Chaplain because, well, he's their buddy. 

Sarge's decal

Chapter symbol decal

Took a couple shots of the decals this time 'round. You can clearly see the edge of the paper that I can't seem to get rid of. 

Tactical marine

Dude getting ready to toss a grenade. 

Tac sergeant transfers

A very bellicose sergeant. I love the taunting pose for some reason. He just has so much attitude. You can see here how the sergeant displays the squad markings. None of the regular marines do. 

Tactical sergeant

Another angle. Note the helmet stripe, marking him out as a veteran sergeant. Speaking of his helmet, I sometimes tweak the vox grille an Mk. 8 helmets to remove the bottom bit. I think it makes them look vicious and it's nice to mix it up a bit. 

C&C quite welcome. Thanks for the kind words so far. 

Archived