More info up on the Digital Edition facebook page.

Fibonacci

And I just noticed this little gem on that page ...

"Existing players will also notice a few other changes, particularly the way Acts of Faith work with your army."

New Acts of Faith system?  I hope it is consistant easy to explain to my opponents. 

I see the Repressor is still not a codex item.  Makes me sad.  We have a big tourny coming up and the local store said NO FORGE WORLD.  I think I terified them in the last one where the sisters dominated several matches using a single Avenger Strike Fighter.  Everyone was complaining about it still being able to Deep Strike.  I kept using it to Deep Stike behind enemy fliers and poping thier rear armor.

Slightly sad that basic Sisters didn't get a points decrease. Other than not paying for veteran Superior by default. After all a Chaos Marine is only one point more for +1S, +1T, +1WS, +1I, so dropping the cost of a battle sister by one point wouldn't have been over the top in my books.

Well I see that the basic Sisters themselves are the same points, but some of the wargear is cheaper. The Simulacrum Imperialis is 1/2 price by that screenshot. Wonder if it still works the same, though?

Nice to see a bit more flexibility with a 5-woman squad now allowed. Can still take one special and one heavy (or a second special).  I could see 5-6 Sister squads with two special weapons in Immolators as a new and interesting option. It also reduces the "tax" I'd have to pay to get a Battle Conclave (desired for fluff reasons since my Imperial Guard's homeworld is a Cardinal World) into my IG list as allies.

These latest updates certainly confirm that this isn't merely converting the WD list into a digital format.

Slightly sad that basic Sisters didn't get a points decrease. Other than not paying for veteran Superior by default. After all a Chaos Marine is only one point more for +1S, +1T, +1WS, +1I, so dropping the cost of a battle sister by one point wouldn't have been over the top in my books.

True, but a Chaos Marine doesn't get Acts of Faith or a 6++, so I guess that's the justification.

Consider also that a basic Battle Sister costs only 2 points more than an Imperial Guard veteran in carapace armour and armed with a flashlight lasgun, who has the same stats. So you're paying 2 pts for better armour, better gun, an invulnerable save, and Acts of Faith. Not a bargain, but seems fair.

True, but a Chaos Marine doesn't get Acts of Faith or a 6++, so I guess that's the justification.

Well, that's true. Though I hope the (apparently) new AoF system will at least be "easier" to use and perhaps with better chance of success than the current one.

Consider also that a basic Battle Sister costs only 2 points more than an Imperial Guard veteran in carapace armour and armed with a flashlight lasgun, who has the same stats. So you're paying 2 pts for better armour, better gun, an invulnerable save, and Acts of Faith. Not a bargain, but seems fair.

Well, upgrades - as compared to getting the same thing as stock gear - always tend to be "overpriced" anyway. Like 30 points for a thunder hammer when an entire TH+SS terminator is 45 points, etc.

Still, it's obviously not a big deal, one point in the model's cost here or there. At least the price didn't rise! Also I'm quite curious to see what the price for Heavy Flamer is going to be. If it goes down to a more reasonable level - like the 10 points of the new C:SM - I reckon I need to get a model with one. Decided against getting one for the time being with my initial Sisters order given the steep 20-point price vs a 5-point regular flamer.

Thanks Fibonacci for staying on top of this. It's really getting to an exciting point. The few things I would like to see in the dex is 5+ deny the witch, torrent on flamer immo's, fix the AoF to an easier system(as stated before) and it looks like we are getting some of our beloved wargear back. Something to help the repentia and maybe make the pentinent engines into monstrous creatures instead of armor (my opinion since the dread knight, riptide and wraith knight are all MC's). The ability to take rosaries on our vets again.

Torrent flamers on Immolator would probably result in a quite noticeable points cost increase, though. But regardless of that hopefully at least the TLHB Immolator's price will go down by 10 to match the Razorback, it'd only make sense.

Speaking of heavy bolters, my fear is that the heavy bolters of retributors will end up being 10 points each now though... which would suck.

Hmm... so battle sisters are more expensive? Seems a bit daft if Celestine is going up in price as we all expect. Heavy bolters will almost certainly increase, since GW seems to think they're OP at the moment.

However, I thought the same thing about Guardians before the new Eldar book and we all know how good they turned out :p

Minimum of 5 instead of 10 now, eh? It leaves room for at least repackaging the girls into boxes of 5, and opens up the possibility I ventured in the other thread about a future box of 5 women with sprues to make them different things for when the Plastipocalypse finally arrives.

I eagerly await the Plastirapture! maybe they will package sisters in 10 man boxes now

I concur. It seems like the Sisters may well be getting an expensive 5
(wo)man box set like the Grey Knights. It would also mean that GW
doesn't have to design as many models. The only good thing is... With
the current cost of SoB... a 5 man box won't really make them
much/anymore expensive... They won't take up much space in stores...
Only Seraphim really need totally different bodies/legs... Depending on
the bits you might even be able to make a decent plastic cannoness.

Also
am I reading this right... 5 man squads with 2 special weapons/a
special and a heavy? WHo can take an immolator? Yes! (Although I do want
my Repressor as well...) Bring on flamey death!

I might actually download this... I'm interested to see what they have done to Dominions and Celestians.

The artwork is from Fantasy Flight Games Dark Heresy line. More specifically, The Blood of Martyrs sourcebook. Also, lets hope Dominions go back to having 4 specials.

Thanks for the heads up on the artwork. I figured it might be older, but as I've had no exposure to FF stuff, I wasn't sure.

Archived