More info up on the Digital Edition facebook page.

Fibonacci

Good job on keeping us abreast of the news :D I'm not sure about 5 Sister squads though, seems like too few but that does open up the possibility of smaller squads riding in Immos so this is of course a good option to have. I can see them being nice supporting squads to add to your larger ones as little Dominions.

As for the plastics being 5 model boxes do not speak such blasphemy! I could accept that if we got GK stat lines otherwise collecting a proper army will be a right pain in the backside (and wallet). It has to be 10 model boxes for the line Sisters.

As for the not so radical changes that's what we expected, but if you think about it wouldn't GW want to do the biggest change/impact when they've lots of new shiny plastic models to sell? :)

I'd say IF they release a plastic SoB box, it'll be a 5 model box, knocking around the £25 set ala SM Vanguard.

However IF they were going to release some plastic, I'd have thought there would be some fanfare. More likely they'll convert the models to finecast IF they do anything.

If is a big word, even though it doesn't sound it ;)

It's interesting that they have chosen to post a screen grab with the frag grenade pop-up covering all but the existing act of faith!

I have to admit that I was fully expecting at least a 1 point reduction in the cost of a battle sister. Especially given the reduced cost of a space marine. The fact that the cost has remained the same (gone up if a veteran superior is included) makes me think that there may be some additional bullet points hidden from view by that pop up. GW did say that the faith system was getting a revision.

Or is that being too suspicious/optimistic?

Too optimistic. Also, please don't use that colour text, I had to highlight it to read since it's the same colour as the default theme background.

Sorry. Not sure why that happened. I use the IP.Board theme and I didn't change the text colour in the reply box. It must have been set to black, which is visible ont he IP.Board theme, and not to auto. I have recoloured this though. Apologies. 

I don't think it's too optimistic to assume Battle sisters are getting a buff to thier act of faith, or maybe even shield of faith to justify the point increase compared to other codices.  I know we like to be pessimistic around here but even GW know that in the post Eldar world, we need some bonuses/tweaking on our rank and file.

It's hard to gauge what's going on though with the obfuscated rule bits which is a bit unusual for GW so I'm going with incompetence for the moment. I definitely wouldn't assume GW are aware of the nature of the Eldar world we live in, that seems a little far fetched. What next, sensible FAQs too? :lol:

80pts for a unit of sob with 2 melta . 115 for one with a rhino . 690pts for 6 rhino rush minimax , but lets say we take 5 and load up on combi plasma on every squad . this leaves a loads of points to self ally , take IG ally , put 3-4 exorcists on a landing pad

80pts for a unit of sob with 2 melta . 115 for one with a rhino . 690pts for 6 rhino rush minimax , but lets say we take 5 and load up on combi plasma on every squad . this leaves a loads of points to self ally , take IG ally , put 3-4 exorcists on a landing pad

Self ally? I may have underestimated you, the jeske. Self ally implies a codex supplement, which means you just might have more faith and hope than anyone else who posts in the Sisters of Battle forum.

Will 4 Exorcists even fit on a landing pad? Can a landing pad be constructed to look like a ridiculously gothic Cathedral?

Well 3 Lemman Russes fit so 4 rhino chasis should fit too. As self ally goes , marine can self ally without a supplement.

Marines can ally with another army in the new Codex:Space Marines, if the ally has a different set of Chapter tactics to the main army, so unless the Sisters get more than one set of Tactics, then I doubt that they can.

Well 3 Lemman Russes fit so 4 rhino chasis should fit too. As self ally goes , marine can self ally without a supplement.

Marines can ally with another army in the new Codex:Space Marines, if the ally has a different set of Chapter tactics to the main army, so unless the Sisters get more than one set of Tactics, then I doubt that they can.

Order Tactics... Now that is an interesting thought. It would be nice if they went forward with something like that for every codex, though I shant be holding my breath.

Order Tactics... Now that is an interesting thought. It would be nice if they went forward with something like that for every codex, though I shant be holding my breath.

I still know relatively little about the various Orders, but what kind of things could we expect if they went that way?

Also, Order relics - things such as the Cloak of Saint Aspira could be available for HQ's if they're from the Order of the Bloody Rose for example smile.png

But I'm getting far too ahead of myself (and far too excitable blink.png ) laugh.png

The differences between Orders are less tactical and more spiritual;

Ebon Chalice: Leadership

Martyred Lady: Perseverance

Sacred Rose: We don't know, but Arabella went on an Eye of Terror quest instead of dying.

Argent Shroud: Crusaders

Valorous Heart: Resilience

Bloody Rose: Valour.

The differences between Orders are less tactical and more spiritual;

Ebon Chalice: Leadership

Martyred Lady: Perseverance

Sacred Rose: We don't know, but Arabella went on an Eye of Terror quest instead of dying.

Argent Shroud: Crusaders

Valorous Heart: Resilience

Bloody Rose: Valour.

Perhaps they could have some effect on Faith points and how they're used? Haven't a clue how, although I had read that the Faith points system was being revamped. I forgot where, it might have been fan speculation though sad.png

Haven't a clue how, although I had read that the Faith points system was being revamped. I forgot where, it might have been fan speculation though sad.png

Someone talked with Cruddace at an event. The rumour is that he's made it scalable w.r.t. army size to facilitate us as a stand alone force and not dedicated allies for larger games.

Haven't a clue how, although I had read that the Faith points system was being revamped. I forgot where, it might have been fan speculation though sad.png

Someone talked with Cruddace at an event. The rumour is that he's made it scalable w.r.t. army size to facilitate us as a stand alone force and not dedicated allies for larger games.

That's how I'd read it smile.png We'll only a couple of weeks left until we know for certain happy.png

I still know relatively little about the various Orders, but what kind of things could we expect if they went that way?

The Order of the Ebon Chalice

Their first leader was Alicia Dominica; the saint who lead the Daughters of the Emperor and who was taken before the golden throne where she spoke with the Emperor at the end of the Age of Apostay.  "Though not originally recognized under the current name, the Order of the Ebon Chalice represents the original and oldest Order Militant, the direct continuation of the original founding as the Daughters of the Emperor, with combat and religious doctrine, like their uniforms, unchanged for four thousand years."

Order of Our Martyred Lady (originally the Order of the Fiery Heart)

"The Order has determination beyond even their fellow Sisters of the other orders, forever driven to avenge the death of Katherine and their Sisters who fall in battle. To their enemies, they are not known for mercy, but instead for thorough and utter destructiveness."

Order of the Valorous Heart

"Sisters of the Order are driven by the belief that they still must atone for the Sisterhood's acts as an unwitting accomplice to Goge Vandire during the Reign of Blood. Like their patron saint, the Order is highly penitent, always striving for atonement for even the slightest perceived sin. A disproportionate number of Sisters in this Order exile themselves to the Sisters Repentia compared to the other Major Orders. Because they are constantly reminded of the Reign of Blood, Sisters of the Valorous Heart can be particularly suspicious of those who would call themselves prophets of the Emperor."

Order of the Argent Shroud

Saint Silvana was the leader of the Order of the Argent Shroud. She was one of the first Sisters to lead crusades in the name of the Emperor. Her death came at the hand of an assassin, but her body mysteriously vanished. In its place was a silver duplication of her bones which became the most sacred symbol to the Order of the Argent Shroud and its namesake.  Silvana was martyred shortly after they were split from the Order of the Ebon Chalice and before their own identity had been made. The fledgling Order took their name and symbol from the silvery impression of her skull upon her death shroud.

Like their patron saint, the Order is altruistic and strong of faith. The Sisters of the Order, like Silvana, rarely speak, preferring to let their actions speak for them, and often these actions speak of selfless heroism.

Although there are many more orders, these are the major Orders Militant.

I can see Ebon Chalice being Stubborn.  Maybe Prefered Enemy for Our Martyred Lady.  Valerour Heart would need something to do with Repentia; possibly MUST take a Repentia squad; maybe their Repentia alawys have Spirit of the Martyr active;  and they may take Penitent Engines as Elite too.   Maybe too much ...

Argent Shroud I don't have a clue.

They also stated that it was changing on the facebook page.

"Existing players will also notice a few other changes, particularly the way Acts of Faith work with your army."

We will have to wait and see if this is a good thing or a bad. I would take the way it works now if we could just hold over unused points for the opponent's turn.

Grr. I want it now dammit.

^^^^^^

Little more to say but that.  I do enjoy speculation, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up exept for what we've definitely seen as being in.  I don't want to be disappointed. I'm still very hopeful for Blessed Weapons coming back as an actual option.

Will 4 Exorcists even fit on a landing pad?

They will. I even assembled the top plate of my pad to make sure. I think you might in fact be able to fit 5! Well, actually you can in case since nothing says you can't "lean" partially on top of one of the wall sections. In which case you could probably do 7. Haha biggrin.png

Archived