More info up on the Digital Edition facebook page.

Fibonacci

Grr. I want it now dammit.

^^^^^^

Little more to say but that.  I do enjoy speculation, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up exept for what we've definitely seen as being in.  I don't want to be disappointed. I'm still very hopeful for Blessed Weapons coming back as an actual option.

OMG blessed weapons please!

We should have the option for that already, like the GK's, and I think when we did in the past, it conferred a +1 str bonus? If it allows missed hits to be re-rolled we also be a good thing. I just hope they don't mess with the exorcist and screw it up. Everyone is wanting plasma guns and the like but I dunno, I think I would still take double melta guns, it works really well in my DA and they're supposed to be masters of the plasma, so I don't think I would change for my AS, haha, see what I did there? Hard not to type SoB anymore.

The people who want plasma are just Marine players with no imagination.

Meltaguns are superior in every way except range, as far as I'm concerned. They're certainly better for us, because being limited to the Trinity is one of our defining features that makes us not "female space marines".

Oh, and Blessed Weapons were +2 strength, power weapon, two-handed. The only remaining Blessed Weapon is Poisoned (4+), AP3, Two-handed, Melee.

Thanks, it's been so long since we've had a good options list, I had forgotten. The 2 melta guns in a unit, well, you taught me that and it still works great.

And I guess it is time for me to change my Avatar again, something more AS.

I thought sisters take flamers and meltas except plasma is because they like to kill with heat of pain instead of just kill.

While plasma just evaporate their enemy too quick, melta leave blazing holes on the enemies and leave them in extreme pain before death.

Sorry to be nitpicking, but the Ardent Blade is not quite 'Poisoned', as that would include re-rolling wounds against T3 models.

Same with someone mentioning (the old) 'Righteous Rage' being the same as 6th Ed 'Hatred'. It's again not quite true, as 'Hatred' also works when being charged. But I guess we'll see some sort of change about that, because I can't imagine there to be a Warlord Trait and a Spacial Rule with the exact same name.

I also don't recall the Ardent Blade being two-handed! Not that it would matter, unless the dove in St Celestine's left hand counts as second close-combat-weapon.tongue.png

On our current choice of Plasma weaponry, I wish they'd eventually decide:

Either Holy Trinity and no Plasma weapons at all (it's not like Inferno Pistols and Hand Flamers wouldn't be suitable and welcome replacements for Plasma Pistols).

Or no Holy Trinity and the full range of Plasma weapons.

I'd prefer the first option, but certainly both are better than the half-arsed mix we're stuck with now. (primarily fluff-wise and in any case to me!)

But I guess, that's a matter for future releases and not the eDex to come.

For that, I'm curious how our new choices of Superiors are treated in our coming Faith System, especially in regards to that (old) Faith-Test-Bonus for a Superior being present.

Nope.

Your logic is flawed, anyway. Meltaguns burn much hotter than plasma guns in their effective range - Plasma guns leave horrific burns, melta guns just evaporate people.

....one is plasma, super heated gas, basically a gun that shoots suns......the other is a microwave gun, yeah it can excite the molecules causing them to vibrate and thus evolve into gas....but they are gonna disperse LONG before the system gains sufficient energy for them to be converted into plasma.

I wouldn't mind plasma on Repentias. They could give them a paragraph explaining their status among the Sisters of Battle compared to the Holy Trinity.

"Among the Adepta Sororitas the Plasma weapons gained the nickname of "Weapons of His Judgement". They believe that the fickle and violate Machine Spirits of the plasma weaponry are so because because the Emperor intended them to be so, to pass his judgement on both the his enemies and his servants. As such, to wield one in battle is to invite His judgement upon yourself and only those truly convinced in their purity, be it through piety or arrogance, or those seeking redemption wield it.

As such, the Plasma Guns that the Adepta Sororitas are supplied with are only handed to those among their Sisters that took the Oath of Repentance but were deemed too physically weak to wield the giant chainswords, as it's often among the non-Militant Orders. They are then gathered together in squads separate from their close combat sisters and promised forgiveness if they can survive 7 battles without being burned. Sadly only few of them survive this penitence, rejoining their Orders with their arms burned black.

On the other hand, if a Sister is deemed too important to the Order to be sent to her almost certain death, as it's often with Sisters Superiors who are vital to the Order's efficiency and consequently their service to the Emperor, but finds herself in need of penitence for her sins, she can be granted the punishment of wielding a plasma pistol to the battle, with the pistol being their symbolical whip and it's heat their self-flagellation.

There are of course some unorthodox, or arrogant as some in the Orders would put it, Sisters that use the plasma pistols as their sidearm only for it's devastating fire power rather than it's spiritual value, arguing that as long as they use it for His righteous cause, they will be blessed and safe from the Machine Spirit's fury."

Meltaguns are superior in every way except range, as far as I'm concerned. They're certainly better for us, because being limited to the Trinity is one of our defining features that makes us not "female space marines".

Well, not really superior - just different. If you're shooting at infantry, you want the plasma for volume of fire (and yes, the added range is quite nice as well). That's why I rarely use melta guns with my marines - my "volume" is low enough as is with them.

With that said, I don't need plasma for my Sisters. I can take 'em on my marines (both loyalist and chaos) and even IG, and that's quite enough. No need to have the exact same options for all of my Imperial armies!

Someone get Fib a chair, his old bones are creaking! :lol:

Plasma is nice and all for other armies, but we have a Holy Trinity for a reason! The rare combi-plasma is enough for me, melta all the way otherwise. They're definitely different enough not to be competing all that much, but at this stage it feels like it'd violate the SoB's identity. The Holy Quad just doesn't have the same ring to it, plus it sounds like a silly power up.

I always preferred meltaguns myself.  I'd stil use them anyway even if I had access to plasma guns.

On our current choice of Plasma weaponry, I wish they'd eventually decide:

Either Holy Trinity and no Plasma weapons at all (it's not like Inferno Pistols and Hand Flamers wouldn't be suitable and welcome replacements for Plasma Pistols).

Or no Holy Trinity and the full range of Plasma weapons.

Honestly, I think plasma pistols are just a holdover from a time before inferno pistols, and I don't see that changing any time soon thanks to the Sister Superior models wielding plasma pistols.  By the same logic, we also aren't going to see any other Plasma weapons simply because there are no Sisters models toting plasma guns.  I personally like the Holy Trinity, and while there is this exception, the exception is small enough that I can overlook it, it's just Sister Superior and HQ choices.  If we start throwing plasma guns everywhere I'll get a slight annoyed.  Either way, I don't see this status quo changing until new models get made.  And even then I bet they'll stick with since it has basically been this way since the dawn of time.

I don't know, maybe some grateful forgeworld gave the Sisterhood a bunch of plasma pistols once upon a time.

I wouldn't mind plasma on Repentias.

I wouldn't mind an assault transport for Repentias. They need that a lot more than they need any kind of shooting weapon. Either that or some sort of "miraculous cover save" for while they're foot-slogging their way across Shooting Edition battlefields.

EDIT: On second thought, I think I see where you're coming from a little bit. If any Sister did get plasma it would be Repentia, because it's deadly to the user and they have no armour saves for when they Gets Hot! on you. Maybe a second type of Repentia where they have nothing but plasma guns, and then the Emperor chooses who gets forgiven first by the 1s on the dice...

Grgobart, on 11 Oct 2013 - 09:05, said:

I also don't recall the Ardent Blade being two-handed! Not that it would matter, unless the dove in St Celestine's left hand counts as second close-combat-weapon.tongue.png

Under Codex: Witch Hunters, it was explicitly "A Blessed Weapon that..." - Blessed Weapons were two-handed.

The only remaining Blessed Weapon is Poisoned (4+), AP3, Two-handed, Melee.

I meant the current one.

That... is the current one? The only Blessed Weapon in the WDex is Celestine's blade.

Whatever can be misunderstood, will be misunderstood. (My appropriate punishment for nitpicking, I guessblush.png )

So, yes, the (current) Ardent Blade in the (current) WDex is the only remainder of the (old) Blessed Weapons form the (old) WH Codex. I agree to that and have never meant to claim otherwise.

What I meant to point out was, that Furou Miko's description (as seen above) of the (current) Ardent Blade is not entirely correct*: The (current) Ardent Blade is neither two-handed, nor poisoned (but admittedly quite similar).

The relevant pieces of conversation:

Sorry to be nitpicking, but the Ardent Blade is not quite 'Poisoned', as that would include re-rolling wounds against T3 models.

Grgobart, on 11 Oct 2013 - 09:05, said:

Under Codex: Witch Hunters, it was explicitly "A Blessed Weapon that..." - Blessed Weapons were two-handed.

I meant the current one.

*@Furou Miko: I never meant any disrespect. Whether you're among those actually mixing up these rules (which I can't blame anyone for, as there is virtually no case it really matters much), or just making a fair approximation, I merely wanted to point out these fine details to those who might have not known.

I sorry, that the combination of my striving to participate in this forum and the fact that I don't really have that much to contribute (besides my seemingly uncommon opinion), leads to such bothersome occurrences. I'll try to better myself with future posts.

It's fine, I have a bad habit of overexamining things anyway.  But yes, the Ardent Blade could be either.  I might should have mentioned this earlier, but there IS also a Blessed Weapon in the scenarios released with the WDex which you could randomly dig up (it came I think in the issue afterward), which was a two-handed power weapon that always wounds on a 4+ (as I recall).  Doesn't say much for the Ardent Blade, but I suppose what we can take from it is that our expectation is that Blessed Weapons would be two-handers, as they were in C:WH and as they appear in the SoB scenarios.

Hmm, maybe a relic eviserator may come to pass, but it is a great weapon in its own right now, hope it don't get nerfed. Anxious, (shudder) this is getting .....just over a week now....start by painting a unit this weekend...grr

Archived