VIII Legion by Alan - back from the warp

nhaunter

Final update on count as plague marines, dreadnought and raptors. I lnow that pics are crappy but they are taken under artificial light on the kitchen table so I will repost some better images tomorrow under the real light, hurray for the sun.

gallery_42405_9040_1178691.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_428448.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_1126472.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_174174.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_678439.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_1269395.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_59335.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_807936.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_542948.jpg

@deathsceptersgt - Round yellow object on the sky, it can be best seen during daytime :D

Kidding aside on the weather forecast they said tomorrow will be cloudless, last few days it was raining all the time. Also, I would like to know what happened with winter it is 16th Jan and still no snow. It is already late for around month and a half nearly two.

Here are updated photos as promised of my last Call of chaos update.

Raptor cult of the dying world.

I present you with this "gift", I am honoring you with my sons and my blood so they can be your reminder on our alliance.

But remember Al Ahn if some "misfortune" happens to them you and your witch brother are going to pray for death.

Krieg Acerbus to Al Ahn at the war gathering of the VIII Legion during 13th Black Crusade.

gallery_42405_9040_39115.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_20541.jpg

Unfortunately color of his face still looks bland although it has same red and blue shading, but I really cant get my camera to record that properly (you will have to believe me that it looks much better in real life).

gallery_42405_9040_36179.jpg

This Raptor cult is part of the Al Ahns warband "given" to him by Acerbus to serve as a mark of alliance and also watchdogs. I believe no one is willing to risk wrath of mightiest Night Lords warband in modern times.

7th Claw - Destroyers of Rov Ot

gallery_42405_9040_2547.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_78725.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_28107.jpg

Heavily armored, equipped with poison blades and chem stims this unit is built and maintained for just one purpose - Strike hard.

If you write Rov Ot correctly OtRov it means poison in Croatian so it is a little nod to the Plague marine nature and of course. Rov Ot doesnt sound so bad for unit champion biggrin.png .

All my life I fought with fear as my weapon and darkness as my shield. I never felt fear myself for whom should I be afraid of, our father is dead and we are demigods.

Thats what I used to say old brother and you put me into this walking grave and now I now what does it mean to be terrified when you try to put me to my "deserved" sleep.

Ehrfurcht Razgul of the 29th company to warleader Al Ahn

gallery_42405_9040_2625.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_41877.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_55790.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_6006.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_82853.jpg

Razgul was mortally wounded during Istvaan battle fighting Raven Guard. Legionares of the 29th company found him among pile of dead Ravens still holding his sword. Later sword was named Feather and was attached to his sarcophagus. His impenetrable armor is adorned with banner which lists known names of Raven Guard marines Razgul killed that day on the back side and on the front is pic of Night Lord holding a ravens severed head although I am not sure it can be seen on pics.

And "cinematic" views of my vow :D I cant describe how proud I am by myself. I managed to finish lot of stuff in these three months and every single comment left on my topic help me achieve that, thank you every one, especially my brothers and sisters of the VIII th ;) .

gallery_42405_9040_102563.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_11686.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_59901.jpg

gallery_42405_9040_38154.jpg

Wow, that looks phenominal, buddy!

The raptors are my favorite. Especially the champ with a demoney face painted onto one of the jet packs. It's hard to believe they are the same raptors you started with a few pages ago. 

@Flint - I was thinking on doing faces on all j-packs but in the end I decided that I will do it just on champion.

@DSS7 - yes got to love those tomb machines even if their rules suck. I still have one of those metal box dreads waiting for the paint.

I think I need a brake few days from painting and then I plan to finish my quad gun conversion and obliterators and few touches on Havocs.

After that, who knows :D , this war after all is a Long war.

Young recruit he isnt with us since beginning of the Long War but in a few years I think he will be worthy brother :D .

gallery_42405_9040_85690.jpg

I started doing this helmet few days ago and I plan one day building whole suit for my son, so the helmet is intentionally bigger because I know I am not going to finish it before Abel grows bigger. Lets talk about planning ahead :D.

Helmet also has eye visors but they cant be seen on this pic.

If you mean my son, I think it is not appropriate for this kind of forum :D , and if you think helmet it is cardstock (I use a lot of paper in my works) base and then medium for repairing car damages (I saw that it is called Bondo in states or something like that).

Helmet needs to be smoothed (tool for smoothing - dont know name and I am lazy to google it, is currently broken and I am not going to sand it by hand).

Do you really have to ask what colors will it be :D I was thinking something like dark blue with maybe lightning and some kind of skull motif painted on the faceplate, and probably I will throw somewhere roman VIII :D.

Question for people visiting my topic: I met guy on the Night Lords forum and we were having a chat over MSN, but then MSN merged with Skype and I lost him during transition. So please if you read this I didnt blocked you :d or something but lost contact due technical problems. Only thing I remember is he was building some kind of scary Daemon prince.

Great looking army, a collection to be real proud of. I can't decide if I like the drednought or the raptors more, both units look phenominal.

Do you have any plans to add additional units to your army?

Oh and nice job on the helmet.

@ Koriel - Well army is never complete they say biggrin.png. I was counting yesterday and I have painted around 50-60 marines, still in work with minor things to do are Havocs, Bikers, Lucius count as, Techmarine, Lord on Bike, scratch built Obliterators and figure of Huron Blackhart.

I have one Defiler in pretty bad shape (thats the gamble with second hand miniatures, but if you like restoring or re-purposing them it is nice way of getting them on cheap) which is probably going to finish as Maulerfiend count as, probably going to scratch build Fabius Bile and maybe some kind of Thousand sons count as (I am playing with idea of them being some kind of Dark Mechanicum servitors led by Techno Magos) and also Dark Apostle.

As you can see I will try to have representation of every unit from our codex, except Typhus and CC Obliterators.

@ Tanith Ghost -While he is under my roof (although rented) he will play with Night Lords biggrin.png.

@ DSS7 - Yep, indoctrination at early age.

@Tanith Ghost - well so far he is interested in them as minis, but as he grows up (he is only 2 and a half years old) I will teach him about great treachery and then he will probably side with me in a great war :D.

One can only hope that he wont choose those space elves or, God forbid it, Grey Knights.

@ Koriel - Well army is never complete they say :D. I was counting yesterday and I have painted around 50-60 marines, still in work with minor things to do are Havocs, Bikers, Lucius count as, Techmarine, Lord on Bike, scratch built Obliterators and figure of Huron Blackhart.

I have one Defiler in pretty bad shape (thats the gamble with second hand miniatures, but if you like restoring or re-purposing them it is nice way of getting them on cheap) which is probably going to finish as Maulerfiend count as, probably going to scratch build Fabius Bile and maybe some kind of Thousand sons count as (I am playing with idea of them being some kind of Dark Mechanicum servitors led by Techno Magos) and also Dark Apostle.

As you can see I will try to have representation of every unit from our codex, except Typhus and CC Obliterators. 

Looking forward to seeing more of your work and the idea for the 1k sons is sure to yield some interesting results.

Archived