Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

... is it wrong that I can picture that Salmander imitating Maj. Armstrong?

Literally screams an Armaggeddon vibe from Helsreach.

Salamander: Citizens,allow me to protect you! Witness the artistic flamer technique of the Salamanders Chapter, passed down for generations!

Templar: Quit talking and just roast those Orks!

Salamander: Of course! -proceeds to incinerate the xenos-

*looks at current minis being worked on(not 40k so can't show them on here)*

I envy at how quickly you go through your minis at that quality. tongue.png

Good job on the Salamander. Big fan of 80's/90's action movies so was a cool thing to see on here. Should do a squad of Movie Marines. thumbsup.gif

Oh Flint. Logen and his Bloody Nine. I.....I doff my cap. Also, totes see what you did there.

I'm a little disappointed in myself that I didn't catch the reference earlier.

If you say one thing for LongGone, say he's a fan of The First Law.

Evening guys! 

So imma leave these here with minimal explanation besides I'm working on a little one off character model for funsies. I'm curious how many folks would get what I'm shooting at. Here's the first half. Other half tomorrow when I finish him up :D

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/540/zRt3YM.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/661/7f3gPT.jpg

Replies!

@ Slipstreams - Hah, yeah more or less.

@ Teetengee - All kinds of rightly silly. 

@ Jackdaw - Hah! I'm surprised no one got the really blatant plaguerism inspiration up until now. Or maybe they just didn't say anything... ^_^

Anywho, I'm glad Logen came out attractively. He was an absolute blast to paint and write fluff for. I'm actually happier with his little flufflette than I have been with any of my writing recently.

Aelyfling was the most generic fantasy way I could think of to spell elf :D

I will be doing exactly 5 more of these chaps as soon as I decide on what type of color scheme I want to go with for KoB death company.

** Any suggestions for what kind of colors the Knights of Blood Death company are? I'm clueless.**

@ Brother Talon - Hah, nope. My sallie is redic too.

@ Kreig - Thanks! My 'quality' is occasionally hilariously inconsistent, but I appreciate the accolades. 

@ Longgone - Hah, spot on. 

Say one thing for Flint, say she's *SPLASH* :D

@ MrBear - Thanks buddy! You have no idea how hard I debated with myself over whether or not I should see if I could snip a digit off without screwing up his left hand :D

** Any suggestions for what kind of colors the Knights of Blood Death company are? I'm clueless.**

No idea what the wolves are going to be, but I do think theysuggest an awesome colour scheme for your knight: Dark glowy green (a colour I haven't seen you use/paint up till now) with black-grey (or perhaps bone).

Death Company Scheme? uuuhhhh

Smoke, Fog, Mist? As if they're moving through it? Light gray at the front most part of the mini, black at the back?

Literally Blood Drenched? Metallic Base + Other Coloring then just dunking them in BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! Bonus points for making the blood look like its streaking due to high speed movement.

Mother Of Pearl / Metallic White? Why not?

As if they're freezing over? Extremities being Ice blue/white core being Black/Red?

Alabaster White with liberal Blood Splatter (ie: drops not pools or streaks) with ash at their feet and "Blind Helms" to represent the Blind Rage they are in?

A mish-mash of the above ideas.

...digging deep now...

Black with Constellations on it? Only thought of this due to a little blurb about some Imperial Fists in Extermination but its a neat idea that can be applied anywhere, really.

Bronze Primary White Secondary? Lots of Verdigris?

uhhh thats all I've got for now tongue.png

Yeah Logens just a win all round. As for the Death Company, have you decided how they are viewed? Are the regular chaps ashamed of them or do they exult them? That will kinda point you in the direction for colours, but personally I'd say they would revere them but also mourn them as another one of their small fraternity lost - so they celebrate their end with gilded armour that quickly becomes corroded and bloodstained by their passing.

my guess got liked by flint, might that mean i'm right?

and if so, who do i have to murder duel for my cookie?biggrin.png

... - so they celebrate their end with gilded armour that quickly becomes corroded and bloodstained by their passing.

i like that idea, kinda like a corroded/corrupted version of the loyalist sanguinary guard. i'm thinking lots of rust and verdigris :tu:

"In order to receive your cookie, you must first murder-duel the seven Kyroptera. After defeating all seven of the Kyroptera, you then gain the right to challenge her Scariness, the Terrible Flint the Fearsome Ice Empress. After defeating her four times, you then earn your cookie. And remember, defeating the Kyroptera once means you only get to challenge Flint once.

"P.S. Since the Kyroptera are the ones who hand out the cookies, they are excluded from the challenging."

"In order to receive your cookie, you must first murder-duel the seven Kyroptera. After defeating all seven of the Kyroptera, you then gain the right to challenge her Scariness, the Terrible Flint the Fearsome Ice Empress. After defeating her four times, you then earn your cookie. And remember, defeating the Kyroptera once means you only get to challenge Flint once.

"P.S. Since the Kyroptera are the ones who hand out the cookies, they are excluded from the challenging."

. . . Why does that remind me so strongly of the Pokemon League? "You must beat the Elite Four to battle the Pokemon Master, but remember! You must defeat the Elite Four each time you wish to battle the Pokemon Master."

Literally Blood Drenched? Metallic Base + Other Coloring then just dunking them in BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! Bonus points for making the blood look like its streaking due to high speed movement.

Reverse the color palette. Metallic helm, with red chestplate and greaves.

I like both these ideas, but why not mix the two? Silver helmet, pauldrons and chest eagle, with BFTBG for the rest of the red armour.

Archived