Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Shoulda kept him for the March, if possible v_v Either way, he would look perfect, to me, were it not for the Plastic Mk IV helm...I hate the things

Any guesses? biggrin.png

@ Wicced - Thanks! I've got another of them sitting around somewhere.

my guess is lil horus aximand. he's looking great, the white seems a bit powdery in places though, on the backpack for example.

i love those ravenwing weapons, i cut off the blunt end of the hammer (looks like a kama that way) and was thinking of using a pair of them as lightning claws or combining one with a meteor hammer into a kusarigama msn-wink.gif

my guess is lil horus aximand. he's looking great, the white seems a bit powdery in places though, on the backpack for example.

Almost positive you're correct. Splotch over his eye looks like Aximand's half-moon Mournival sigil. V on his shoulder pad probably references Aximand's 5th Company.

It's Horus Aximand.

Almost positive you're correct. Splotch over his eye looks like Aximand's half-moon Mournival sigil. V on his shoulder pad probably references Aximand's 5th Company.

It's Horus Aximand.

wasn't sure if its supposed to be the half moon, but the V sold it to me thumbsup.gif

Morning guys! Thanks for all the lovely replies. I totally didn't think folks would guess his identity so quickly. I suppose I'm not as subtle as I assumed, and everyone here is way better at fluff than me :D

But yes, I wanted to give a little life to Little Horus, as he's probably my favorite traitor in the Sons. Plus up until now, the only "representation" I can find of him in mini-form is a pallet swapped Pedro Kantor on the wiki page. Anywho, I based mine off this awesome artwork.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/537/z0s9ys.jpg

Replies!

@ Slipstreams - Nah, I have a better idea for the XVI March Event. Plus, gotta do Word Bearers first!

@ Wicced - Spot on! Huh... I never thought of turning those Corvus hammers into a Kama. That's a pretty awesome idea!

@ Cormac - See? Everyone is better at fluff than me :D

@ Hydra - Um... remember how I mentioned I had something planned for the 16th legion march event?... Quit reading my mind!

@ Augustus - Thanks! I was wondering how well his muddy greaves would come out in the pics. Glad to hear they are appreciable. 

Looking great but I have a tiny tip with tufts.

Once they're stuck firm (I still add a little PVA), add some watered down wash that's close to the base colour. Slap some on and give it a little blow to run it down toward the base. Once that is fully dry then give the tips a very light drybrush of bone or a sand colour.

I think Apologist did a Sons of Horus version of Lil Horus (sounds like an Egyptian rapper!), but yours is the first Luna Wolf representation I've seen.

Indeed. Spoilered because I didn't want to threadjack; but if you'd like a look:

IMG_1943.JPG

While I'm posting, can I just reiterate how awesome your Knights of Blood Death Company are? Stunning work – I particularly like the use of the FW Khorne Berserker head and the poses.

I see an awful lot of minis whose bodies ought to be decorating the bases of your Night Lords! msn-wink.gif These guys look awesome, Flint! Also, yeah, I'm totally not dead tongue.png Those DC looks absolutely brutal. Not that they would even be considered to be inducted into the VIII, but still...

Evening all! Here's my little subby for this month's March of Legions. C&C welcome since his g/s has yet to dry ^_^

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/537/LdHzAw.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/673/RrS0Iq.jpg

Replies!

@ Hydra - I think I remember seeing that actually. I'll have to see if I can track it down.

@ Khârn - I really love the FW Berzerker helms. I had been looking for an excuse to use them for ages. :D

Forte - Thanks! I'll give that a try the next time I use one of them. 

@ Apologist - HA! Great timing! And thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it :D

@ Salvation - Oh, FW never ceases to excite me. No worries! I'm not a huge fan of the sea green SoH scheme, but I've always wanted to try a Milk and Cookies marine.

@ Alan - Hah, indeed! I can't bring myself to do actual loyalists, so I went with renegades instead :D.

Glad to hear you appreciate them, even if they aren't midnight clad. Well... mostly... if you wat to check back a page or two to the Bloody Nine, there may be a little 8th legion easter egg hiding in there.

Always glad to see you back to work too! ^_^

sniper is looking good :tu:

is he supposed to be the guy from Vulkan Lives (i think his name was Narek)?

my nitpick: the GS looks a little grainy in places (on the hood f.e.) and looks rougher than the resin part of the cloak, but that might just be the uncured GS.

looking forward to seeing him painted!

Archived