Codex: Inquisition

Gentlemanloser

Actually I figured riding up with a Land Raider, a few Chimeras, and a Valkyrie or two with various warbands and a few Inquisitors up to the enemy lines, then teleporting a few allied Grey Knight units via deep strike with Mystics for teleport homers at 2000 points would work just fine.  Let the cheaper Inquisition units from an Inquisition primary force take the hits (up to 6 scoring henchmen units with awesome transport options will work just fine with the Inq. as primary) then the smaller force org chart of a Grey Knight secondary doesn't make much of a difference.

I don't think either book is unbalanced compared to the other.  There are decided weaknesses with an Inq primary book, just as there are with the GK primary book.  So there are one or two combos which might be 5 or 10 points cheaper, that does not mean one unit is broken or the other is now useless.  It all comes out in the wash after a time.

Are the GK still the Chamber Militant for the entire Inquisition (as per Codex: GK), or has this been moved back in line with the older Fluff?

It's not specific enough to call it one way or another.

Militarily, the Ordo Malleus is the most formidable of the Inquisition's branches, for its agents can call upon the services of the Grey Knights to aid them in their struggles. The Grey Knights are Space Marines, designated Chapter 666. Their origins -- like those of the Inquisition -- are grounded in the final days before the Emperor's Ascension. Unlike other chapters of the Adeptus Astartes, who are called upon to fight any and all threats to the Imperium, the Grey Knights are dedicated to slaying Daemons and stand ever ready to assist the Ordo Malleus in their long war against Chaos.

+++++

We can still simulate IST's pretty easily via Henchmen, they're just only BS3 as opposed to BS4. While irritating, a hellgun and carapace armor is right on the list of buyable wargear without being too hideously expensive. One can argue the extra special weapon slot and 2 extra squad member slots (which can go to things like Jokaero) can make up a lot of the downgrade in BS.

The appeal of the Inquisition is even stronger to me -- makes more sense to me -- if they maintain their own military bases and their own military forces. It's great that they can requisition whatever they want, but ISTs (and everything implied by their very existence) represented just exactly how independent and secretive the Inquisition could be. Who else could maintain troops the equivalent of hardened veterans?

It's sad when all we're left with is "counts as" to maintain that ideal. Henchman warbands are also cool ... but in no way equivalent to ISTs. sad.png

ok so im pooring over the new supplement (yes that is what im calling it) and im just looking over the psy power for the inq. In the power sanctuary it states that it is used at the start of an enemy assault phase, but i thought a psyker lost all warp charges at the end of thier player turn. My reasoning behind this is that in the BrB it states that all charges are lost at the end of the turn, and in the case of not specifying player or game turn the book defaults to player turn. I dont see why this would be in the new book as i though it was adjusted for 6th, unlike the Knights book. If this is wrong forgive me as i primarily play sisters and am not used to this witchery business.

"A psyker automatically generates his full allocation of Warp Charge points at the start of each turn..." pg 66 brb. Ah i see so this ALSO refers to player turns... wow thats pretty boss

also in reference to psykers, i dont see a profile for Coteaz's eagle but its in his equip....has anyone else found this

* No Inquisitorial Stormtroopers. I cannot adequately express my disappointment here. It truly does appear that GW has no intention of keeping the old Inquisition fluff regarding ISTs alive. It's worth pointing out that the existence of ISTs required a certain structure to the Inquisition that apparently doesn't exist. That structure always appealed very strongly to me. Now it's been definitively retconned out of existence. sad.png

a) I don't think IST were ever going to make an appearance until the new IG dex comes out with the rumored plastic storm troopers.

cool.png From what I hear if you want a decent IST counts as the Death Korps of Krieg Assailt Brigade in IA12 fits the bill nicely from what I hear. Their Grenadiers are storm troopers. BS 4, and tough as freaking nails (WS 4, basically fearless).

I started the rumour about Death Korps of Krieg Assault Brigade fitting the bill so I think it's incumbent on me to give you folks the bad news I received from Forgeworld when I asked them to confirm how this new codex works with that list. They wrote:

"The Death Korp do treat Codex - Inquisition forces as "Come the Apocalypse". They have a mistrust of Psykers and tend to be very insular in their out look."

I still think their grenadiers are very fitting as Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, just be aware that you'll have to use a Death Korps Command Squad dressed up like and Inquisitor with a few acolytes if you want an "inquisitor". Or, you could possible exploit a bit of a loophole by bringing a regular Imperial Guard force (or whatever you prefer) as your primary detachment, allying-in DKoK assault brigade for some "IST" and then bring an Inquisitor/war band(s) as an Inquisition detachment to the primary detachment. Assuming that's allowed. Codex: Inquisition says nothing of how that would work, it only gives an example of what happens if the allied detachment is battle brother to your primary, but ally of convenience to the inquisitor.

"A psyker automatically generates his full allocation of Warp Charge points at the start of each turn..." pg 66 brb. Ah i see so this ALSO refers to player turns... wow thats pretty boss

also in reference to psykers, i dont see a profile for Coteaz's eagle but its in his equip....has anyone else found this

If no warp charge on opponents turns, how would you ever activate force weapons on their turns?

You generate Warp Charges every player turn, not just on your turn. Stop being silly. 

It's kinda annoying they didn't put IST's as a Troops choice, and no Deathwatch is meh. 

(shrug) Sisters are better than IST's anyway, unless IST's were going to get the new hellgun rules as well. 

Note, even as a primary detachment at 2000 points it's DARN easy to fill the requirement... as technically the only requirement is the HQ ;)  Regularly it's 1-2 HQs, 0 Elites.  Therefore at 2000 points you have 2-4 HQs, 0-6 Elites.  I am so going to work with an Inquisition primary detachment...

Note, even as a primary detachment at 2000 points it's DARN easy to fill the requirement... as technically the only requirement is the HQ ;)  Regularly it's 1-2 HQs, 0 Elites.  Therefore at 2000 points you have 2-4 HQs, 0-6 Elites.  I am so going to work with an Inquisition primary detachment...

Agreed, i filled a 1500 single detachment in no time yesterday, limited in what it can do but for big games would be a laugh

Archived