The Horus Heresy by Lil'Legend Studio

lilloser

• 3 weeks later...

As usual, fantabulous paintjob. 

As regards Sevatar, does anyone else share my opinion that FW (primarchs [for the most part, I'm looking at you, Fulgrim] excepting) does not make the most wonderful faces? There is something about the Sevatar sculpt I just cant get into. Felt the same way about Khârn. There is just something awkward and off about them to me. 

I agree. It's a shame really. Loken, Erebus, Kor Phaeron, Khârn and Sevetar all look weird. Khârn doesn't look anything like he's supposed to, Sevetar looks old as :cuss, Erebus's head looks withered and Kor Phaeron's face looks almost comic book tacky.

Abbadon's isn't great either. Typhon's is okay, and Pollux's is perfect (but they nailed that one).

On topic, that dreadnought looks incredible. Really a stand out job. Though I find myself agreeing with Ratboy in regards to Sevetar. The painting is exquisite on both minis, but that Sevetar just looks a little too clean cut. This is only my opinion, however.

• 1 month later...

Cheers guys, here is the next character in the Heresy series. 

Cheers Meganutz! 

I love painting Yellow. Whenever I get the chance to paint an Imperial Fist I start planning out a small force for myself. The light colour scheme really contrasts well with the mud, grime and guts of the meat grinder that is the 30K universe. 

Paints used: Vallejo, Reaper Master Series, Games Workshop Washes, Com Art Medea Airbrush Paints
Paint Brushes: Rosemary & Co. Raphael 8040, Broken Toad Brushes

Myles

Love the gold on the shield. Pretty solid all around, but I love that particular bit.

The model has a rather high gloss on it. Is it supposed to be a rainy scene or something? A tiny pool of liquid effect somewhere on the base would really sell that.

My God, the price tags on those airbrushes blink.png

Cheers guys - 

@Firepower - that's a god damn genius idea. I didn't intend for the armour to have a high gloss sheen to it. A combination of intense photographic bulbs and gloss varnish give a somewhat false impression. If you look at the face you can see that I didn't varnish it to give the skin and the armour a different texture. I imagined that Pollux is engaged in a boarding action - lots of atmospheric decompressions, assaulting across the void, explosions etc. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that these activities would give the armour a thin sheen of grease? You've really set off a chain of images in my head. 

An update- Heresy era Freeblade knight attached to the 125th Dark Angels Cohort (the knight took the green heraldry when he saw the lush growth of Forests Caliban had from orbit). 

Paints used: Vallejo, Reaper Master Series, Games Workshop Washes, Com Art Medea Airbrush Paints

Myles

Holy. Crap.

That lustrous green and those smooth metallics are awesome. And, dare I ask, is that heraldry on the shield freehand?

• 2 weeks later...

@ Olis, indeed it is. 

Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines, Lord of Ultramar Commission by Lil'Legend Studio

"They shall be pure of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self-aggrandisement. They will be bright stars on the firmament of battle, Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of Man. So it shall be for a thousand times for a thousand years, unto the very end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh."

Guilliman Quote

Myles

I've been keeping abreast of your progress via Facebook. Seeing the finished article, I'm astounded how good the model looks. Stellar work.

@ Olis, indeed it is.

Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines, Lord of Ultramar Commission by Lil'Legend Studio

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag4/lillegendstudio/DSCF9636_zpsinypgp3w.jpg

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag4/lillegendstudio/DSCF9635_zpsuwkyqnxd.jpg

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag4/lillegendstudio/DSCF9633_zpssa7iruay.jpg

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag4/lillegendstudio/DSCF9632_zpsw6twxdn2.jpg

"They shall be pure of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self-aggrandisement. They will be bright stars on the firmament of battle, Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of Man. So it shall be for a thousand times for a thousand years, unto the very end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh."

Guilliman Quote

Airbrush: Iwata CR Plus High Line

Bigger pics

W.I.P

Myles

He looks like Race Bannon! Which makes him even more awesome!

Cheers guys. Hope you like the next hit of Heresy goodness. 

Sigismund the Emperor's Champion 

"Zeal makes all things possible, duty makes all things simple."
— First Captain Sigismund of the Imperial Fists Legion.

Myles

Beautifully done. Personally prefer Sigismund in the yellow but can't fault the paint job.

Guilliman is probably the best piece I've seen you do.

Thank you for sharing!

Archived