Working on my guard

lionofjudah

• 2 weeks later...

smile.png...thanks warriorfish... I will be posting a group shot up soon.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/BF708094_zps561eeeaa.jpg

Heres what i finished basing this eve... ok, most of it. I put everything out on the table tonight to get an idea of what i have and what i have to do..and didnt snap a pic :/ I did see that I need another 30 urban rubble bases, going to wait on those until I have the vehicles painted up though.

SO I have been working with brass etch detailing on the Thunderer... firstly, I love the look of brass etch, secondly... I really dont like wearing so much CA glue :/ ...

I am excited to be in the final stretch of the ETL and will be finishing the reassemble of the Vendettas this weekend and should have the Thunderer ready to go by then as well. Pretty much just need the vehicles and Straken and I will be done!!!!

Hope to get the vehicles done by end of next week- plumbing gods willing as my disposal and dishwasher were clogged and hte honey do list got bumped for that msn-wink.gif

If I finish I do have 2 small ETL additions for the cause

So I have been busting butt today on getting my first vow done... painted for 3 and a half hours straight without getting up and worked over my storm troopers and building my Straken. He was the last infantry needed to finish my vow and man is he gonna look good all painted up.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/DE9C4FFA_zps6ff40033.jpg

Didnt get a pic of everything else yet but am hoping for a full infantry pic in the next day or so and will be getting out the airbrush asap.

Primed straken, finished assembling 1 vendetta, switching the other vendetta to a valk and working on finishing assembling it... The thunderer is just about ready for primer...11 days to go and I will be gone for 2 of them.

My wife and all the boys are out of town this weekend so I am anticipating an airbrush session fri/sat eve and hope to be able I post pics and get in a 2nd vow under the wire.

After much list thinking and researching I will not be running straken or harker in my regular lists and they will sit in the case until an apoc game comes along as I can't justify their points outlay in 7th :/

On a brighter note- the 2 hydras I am working on will become wyvern's and the laser destructor battery will be on the table with the sabres:)

Hint-hint on second etl;)

smile.png...thanks for the vote of confidence there Warriorfish! I was able to get a few coats on straken this eve and tried for a few minutes to take a pic before giving up.

I will have an hour or 2 tomorrow to work so i will endeavor to finish assembling the valk and prime the last few bits there and then get out the airbrush and clean it up real good for its use this weekend.

Ill try n take some pics in the daytime smile.png

Pic of Straken from last nights base coat painting...

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/A9E81E72_zps4796cc67.jpg

wow...another crappy phone pic... ugh...

I do like the Anvil Industries sculpts for guard use. They are a mm or so smaller than marines and the proportions are just different from FW. The Mkiii bionic arm is the only one of the 30k bits I have that 'fit' properly, the head is from the FW marine vehicle crew and was the first piece that said straken to me... maybe it was the mohawk?... The other arm is a FW Rampager arm with a 40k scout blade hand added. The old school plasma gun on his hip is mag locked on and the trench gun came from a bits box at my LGS. Scion backpack finished him off and he will be on an elevated base from Dragon Forge deisgns.

Speaking of the facemask... I am thinking about it being metal... I have started with the black/brass base and am planning on black/ metal, metal and then a silver highlight or 2.. what do y'all think about that on the face?

Thanks fearlessgod! I'm excited to be getting closer... Just received 30 more Secret Weapon bases in the mail as well as their flight widgets- I can't stand the acrylic neverfits from GW and I had a Vulture tip over with my old clothes hanger stand.

I am a huge fan of the gritty paintjob, also I am stricken with a harshness on my artistic abilities and do not take the time except in characters to really spend the time to make them shine as individuals.

I am rounding out my CCS with some old metal melta gunners and hope they fit in with Straken as a group of veteran butt kickers.

Edit*** just retread my vow for 2 vendettas... Will not be making it a valk then;)

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/8D0DB47A_zpsf350b88d.jpg

Vendettas pic...you may notice 30 Secret Weapon bases in the back...not going to mess with the majority of those till after the ETL... going to have to hit some of them ASAP as I assembled 9 more guys earlier instead of painting due to a second glass of bourbon msn-wink.gif

gentlemen... I dont know y'all personally but I want to say how full of win this day has been. Ive not had a solo day sans wife, work or children in months... today is a good day here, Ive done yoga, had my coffee, assembled almost the last couple of guardsmen from my bits box;), finished my thunderer, primered everything, gotten out ye olde airbrush, ridden to the farmers market, flirted with Mrs Kentucky, sampled wine, touched up primer, making bacon and getting ready to get it on with the airbrush!!!!

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/2F75FA1F_zps32d53953.jpg

Ill post pics up later of the days expereince

Ahhhh.... the sweet smell of success...

I, lionofjudah, vow to add to the IG ETL-

1 CCS with straken, 3 meltas and a medic-235

1 infantry squad with a grenade launcher and vox-60

1 vet squad with harker, 3 plasma guns and a lascannon.-165

3 mortar teams.-60

1 6 man storm trooper squad with 2 meltas and a sgt with power axe and melta bombs. -122

2 vendettas-340

1 thunderer assault gun-140

for a total of – 1122 points

Completed...

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/49DDC1EC_zps1437d60c.jpg

Archived