Working on my guard

lionofjudah

It is better to wait than risk buggering something up, patience isn't a virtue for nothing ;) I've not been able to make nearly as much time as I'd like for my projects but sometimes that's how it goes!

We're not going anywhere, so we can wait :P

Have switched my entry for the new ammobunker BIG model comp...was going to do my 2 valks but with this crap weather recognize that I wont be airbrushing for a few weeks at least. Going to finish my Venerator project- I converted the driver and gunner to DKOK dudes and am wanting to use the sensor pod from the Cadian Haz command team somehow.

Hendrik... You were reading my mind. It's going on one of the flyer bases like the artillery pieces:)

Secret weapon on has 2 designs for the urban rubble bases so the arty gets 1, the Taurus another and when I get a third their will be a valk or a vulture on that one;)

I could and Im doing it for aesthetic purposes and that I find the wheels and bits to be thin and weedy. Having worked with as much resin as I have I dont want to move this once or twice on the table and have some stuff fall off of it ;) .

I havent decided how I am going to move this army around yet...think I will need a bunch of the pluck foam or go ahead and take the hit on the BF custom case.

Few hours and Game of Thrones= Still WIP obviously ;).. Trying to figure out how I want to attach the AC's Few more layers on their uniforms and several glazes of white wash. 

Put brush to Venerator for a few minutes this am... lil bit of white wash and some of the secret weapon 'concrete wash.' I like the concrete wash a bunch and highly recommend it if you are doing any kind of Urban scenery. 

I have spent my time catching up on my sons Orks right now and am preparing to assemble another 10 or so guardsman. Thinking I will use some of these new guys as artillery guys on the bases to get each arty piece to a 5 man crew. 3 guns, 15 dudes, 3 mortars, 6 dudes... ive got some building to do :)

GENTLEMEN....its close to 45 degrees f right now... Im going to throw my primer under hot water and PRIME!!!!!!!!! will post pics of primed dudes soon :):):)...ahhhh sweet weather upswing!!!!

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/CBD65514_zps19ef0ceb.jpg

ahhhh...I put 4 coats of greys and 2 of greens on the lot of them and didnt take a pic before heading to the office:(....

Anyways, I have 21 inf guys and my Gunny Harker conversion with some paint. 17 dudes are destined for artillery and mortar bases and the other guys will fill in an inf squad.

Well...few more inches of snow on the ground- So happy we had a 60 degree day between freezing spells. 

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/0ABBB80D_zpsb40393ef.jpg

That and 2 hours of Game of Thrones allowed me to black and black/ coal black the helmets (and then remember that I wanted to do all of the armour plates on the elysians) and brown the skin, gloves and strapping. 

Really need to get my wet palette back together!!!!!!

***[pay no mind to the xenos scum in the back... thats one of me boyz boyz]***

Put a coat of blackened boltgun on the metallics, brown on the respirators, gloves, knives, stocks and black on the armored plates... finished game of thrones 3rd season...WOW... that is a hackem up ending if Ive seen one. 

For the guys with the Green pants, jackets or helmets I am going to do a fall camo on them... 

you're doing great brother, especially considering your weather right now. i agree GoT is a great way to get into the swing of painting, i think its the backdrop of fantasy that helps us do better and concentrate (but dammit i'm only going through season 2 so please no spoilers) msn-wink.gif . looking good though brother, keep up the great work.

Alright!!!! Wound up with WWZ in the dvd player and spent 2 hours painting - another layer of flesh tones, grey mix color on uniforms, sepia wash on the pathces, gloves, straps, etc, armour wash on the boltgun metal, the greens of the lenses, yellow on the hoses and red on the shells, ammo cases for sgt harker and a stripe on the elysian doods right breast armour denoting their squad. 

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/37A54AF2_zps9ff6d3d5.jpg

(heres a 2 am pic ...)

Archived