Repressor - IA2 2nd edition rules

PureFodder

The original Repressor had unusual wording as well.

Note that it does not say it has 6 fire points.  One transported model may fire from each fire point, but then this is also a special rule called Fire Points and not part of the normal vehicle profile.  Most people used the Chimera convention and drew line of sight for all embarked shots from the top hatch.  Is this similar to the version?

I've not played with my Chimaera yet, and honestly that's been bugging me. For the Chimaera and Repressor you don't only use the Fire Points that have LoS? That hasn't been FAQed somewhere?

The Chimera rules say explicitly that all shots come from the top hatch.  No need for a FAQ. The Inquisition version of the rules just state that "5 models can fire from the top hatch" but the IG version has a little more explanation as to why.  There is no such rule regarding the Repressor so using the Chimera version is entirely house rules and not everyone plays that way.

But your Chimera will always get all of its shots as long as it can get one.

Got ia2! Fire ports are as follows: 2 models may fire from top hatch and 3 fire ports each side of repressor out of each 1 model may fire. Costs 1 seraphim squad has same weapons and interestingly its version of shield of faith gives it just a 6+ inv witout adamantium will. Option are limited to searchlights hunter killer missle and extra armour.

Any questions?

Sorry to hear that Sume. It is kinda strange that they don't since GW owns FW and the rules are 40k approved. If you really want to use them then you could state your case on those grounds. Other then that, enjoyment of the game is top priority.

As for the repressor, as soon as I can get my hands on one or two, yeah baby! As for the flyers, eh, maybe get one and do some conversion to make it look real AS.

The IA2 book states the models are for use in 40k so its as "legal" as using any codex army. No need to ask for permission just explain what your unit is as per normal custom when you meet a new adversary

Yes, but some people claim that FW doesn't have the authority to make anything legal. Basically, if it isn't in the BBB or a codex, it isn't legal, or at best it is an optional expansion like Cities of Death/Planetstrike. Others say that FW stuff is broken, and I would bet that 75% of those haven't played against FW, and don't know what they are talking about.

Basically it is all an excuse to not play against FW models/rules. If people don't want to play against FW, you can't make them, and I've been to a place where there have been people who would play against FW, but the club has banned all FW stuff.

I can't wait to get back home. Pull out my arbites, use the Repressor (Illegally, I guess) as transports for IG Veterans and =][= Henchmen units of Crusaders... Yay The Arbites are back.

Sounds pretty good, if I didn't have enough models to be finishing I'd be off to FW... Got to be disciplined :P

Sorry to hear your predicament Hellios, it must be very difficult playing against illiterate people. How do they read their codex to find out how to build their armies and learn the rules? GW have made it clear that as long as a FW unit has the 40k stamp on it then it is a valid unit.

Yeah FW has this taboo simply on the fact that its an unknown. Competative ppl make it an effort to know inside and outside the rules of any opponent they may face. If something unknown pops up it kinda shatters thier universe, oh well get over it ppl. Its also why new dex's regardless of power have a honeymoon period of OMG it sooooo broken!!!!! (well except for ours maybe :) I have a tourney coming this weekend and i will be making 2 lists, one with my command repressor, and one with my command "super" rhino. If anyone disapproves of the former i have plenty of chapter approved photocopys to pass out with i polite speech something akin to " well you see the 41st millenium is a vast and wonderous place where sometimes they produce more than 8 types of human vehicles...."

oreaper84, hit the nail on the head for my area.  Basically since Forgeworld stuff is unknown, and not widely available like a normal codex.  It is banned period.  As if I was to field repressors and avengers, I was told this "I would have an unfair advantage."  Since my opponent dosent own and have access to the book.  I was well whatever then.  

Right now the new fortification book is being "reviewed" as it dropped a week before the weekends tournament.  So doubt it will, be use-able also.  I can see why Forgeworld is still banned due to the oh my god Forgeworld stuff is too powerful, or broken.  It may be in the past, not sure now.

I also been able to use alternative army lists, provided I show the list and it was not broken.  Not sure if anyone remembers the 3rd edition Tyrannd deep strike army alternative list that let you take genestealers as a heavy slot, and they kept coming back from reserves if wiped out.  

It is easier to get a local group to accept one or two new models at a time than trying to force the issue of every FW book at once.  You can start by conviencing your wolf and GK players that they NEED the hyperios missile battery to fill in the anti-flyer hole left in their army when 6th edition came out.  After that, just show them that Sisters are like IG with power armor and the Repressor is just another Chimera without the long range gun.

Everything is unknown until you encounter it, do these people shriek in terror when a new codex comes out and refuse to play against that too? ermm.gif Do they not know that FW is part of GW?

I'm not sure that even Fib's idea would work. Sounds like they're not willing to change their opinion on anything, I feel for those stuck with such Luddites sad.png

oreaper84, hit the nail on the head for my area.  Basically since Forgeworld stuff is unknown, and not widely available like a normal codex.  It is banned period.  As if I was to field repressors and avengers, I was told this "I would have an unfair advantage."  Since my opponent dosent own and have access to the book.  I was well whatever then.    

Isn't this the case with any book though? If I walk in there... I don't own the chaos daemons, the IG, the SM, the DA, the Tau, the Necrom, the DE, the Eldar codex either (and I'm sure I missed some). And because of a lack of funds, I have no access to them either. What makes any of those codices different than your forgeworld stuff?

It's as available for them as any codex - it just costs money. And like I just showed - that cannot be the issue, as then every codex would give an unfair advantage. Maybe normal codexes can be lent from someone else in the store - but then you're there with your FW model and the book that goes with it, so they can lend it from you too. You could even make photocopies like oreaper.

I'd try to go and talk with the guys and ask them what the real issue is against you taking repressors and avengers, or ANYTHING forgeworld for that matter.

You can start by conviencing your wolf and GK players that they NEED the hyperios missile battery to fill in the anti-flyer hole left in their army when 6th edition came out. 

This is close to the trick. I've found the secret is to individually convince the other players of the value of the change. Not as a way to win more, suggesting that they need to 'pay-to-win' will just offend them, but by appealing to the generally claimed goal to grow as a player. You're best bet is probably as something new to try in the tournement off season. I might be inclined to start with the ForgeWorld senarios or something like Zone Mortalis that is not ostensibly an advantage to one player or another to get them used to the idea of the new books.

Isn't this the case with any book though? If I walk in there... I don't own the chaos daemons, the IG, the SM, the DA, the Tau, the Necrom, the DE, the Eldar codex either (and I'm sure I missed some). And because of a lack of funds, I have no access to them either. What makes any of those codices different than your forgeworld stuff?

In many areas that's not the case with the 'standard set' of supplements. Most of them are available in the local GamesWorkshop where they have Customer Open copies available for review. Whereas the forgeworld books are pokked pigs from a marketing standpoint. Point is, if I can stand the staffers, I can generally hang out and read the essential content and get a feel for the books sold in stores even if I don't buy them.

I'll try some of the ideas presented here.  Every time I brought up repressors, it was OMG cant have Sisters of battle in a transport we cant get first blood off.  Type reaction. The new army codexs are accepted.  Just not forgeworld.  Just recently they started to allow special characters in for Warhammer Fantasy and 40k.  

The winner there was in a fantasy escaltion league where I tried some of the special characters and other players where hey that looks fun.  So never know.  They are slowly coming around.  I guess will see what happens with the new super heavy book release.  If that is not banned, then I cant see why they still insist on banning Forgeworld.  

Still at the end of the day.  I use this hobby store for more then just warhammer, and it is closer to me.  So if no Forgeworld, well not going to cry over spilled milk.

I guess I will find out soon.  My local gamestore may relent and allow forgeworld but not the super heavies in normal friendly and tournament game play.  That makes me excited actually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived