Repressor - IA2 2nd edition rules

PureFodder

Hey if anyone's interested games workshop have declared use of forge world fully legal at all games workshop stores and events link- http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3720191a_Warriors_Code_2014_V1.4.pdf

this should hopefully clear up any problems as although disallowed in the past now games workshop are fully endorsing forge world in there own tournaments so everyone else will likely follow suit.

It is a BIG step forward in becoming universally accepted and one that has been long overdue.  The next step is alowing FW to be sold at independent game stores and if the rumors are true, that will happen soon.  At least to the point that I can buy online and ship to my LGS so they get credit for the purchase.

I don't mind if someone doesn't want to play against FW stuff, I'd just prefer it if they were honest and said they didn't want to rather than dress it up as a rules/legal concern as often seems the case.

It's ok, you won't hurt my feelings you can say you think FW is over powered or whatever tongue.png Most of my FW stuff is model bits and not rules though so maybe that's easier for me to say as I don't have lots of expensive resin gathering dust...

I don't mind if someone doesn't want to play against FW stuff, I'd just prefer it if they were honest and said they didn't want to rather than dress it up as a rules/legal concern as often seems the case.

It's ok, you won't hurt my feelings you can say you think FW is over powered or whatever tongue.png Most of my FW stuff is model bits and not rules though so maybe that's easier for me to say as I don't have lots of expensive resin gathering dust...

I'm always willing to play against FW units even though a small amount of them ARE a little crazy in the power department. However, compared to titans and d-weapons in normal games who really cares anymore :p

The one thing I will always object to is the assertion that a lot of people make that FW is completely legal now because FW says so. It really grinds my gears, because that is not what it says, and even if it DID, GW themselves have still NEVER said it is legal in 40k.

But as I said, i have no problem with using the rules, I just don't like it when people use this argument.

The one thing I will always object to is the assertion that a lot of people make that FW is completely legal now because FW says so.  It really grinds my gears, because that is not what it says, and even if it DID, GW themselves have still NEVER said it is legal in 40k.

See, that's the ting.  GW has finally said they are for regular use in games of 40K.

Warrior's Code: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3720191a_Warriors_Code_2014_V1.4.pdf

See page 3 where it says:

For Warhammer 40,000 Events

• A Warhammer 40,000 Codex and/or Codex Supplement

• The Escalation, Death from the Skies and Stronghold Assault publications

• A Forge World publication (including digital updates)

• Forge World Experimental Rules

• Dataslates

• The “Horus Heresy” publications will only be in use where the Event Pack specifically says so.

[edit]

Yes, this is just for Warhammer World events, but it is a GW event and a GW document saying FW is a standard part of the games at GW events.  It holds as much weight as the fully painted requirement.  Take that for good and bad because honestly, when was the last time you had a pick-up game at your LGS against a fully painted army.

What it does mean is what you see at GW sponsered events will include FW units and armies.  Other events are certianly going to follow suit since the Warrior's Code is a GW standard now.  All this equals more exposure and less "unknown" given a little time.

What it DOESN'T mean --even though a lot of FW zealots proponents will try to tell you it does -- is that you HAVE to play against FW in pickup games.  You don't have to play against them any more than you have to play against necrons or unpainted armies, to go back to that analogy.  It will become more common to see these at other tournements and eventualy local events, tho.

The one thing I will always object to is the assertion that a lot of people make that FW is completely legal now because FW says so.  It really grinds my gears, because that is not what it says, and even if it DID, GW themselves have still NEVER said it is legal in 40k.

See, that's the ting.  GW has finally said they are for regular use in games of 40K.

Warrior's Code: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3720191a_Warriors_Code_2014_V1.4.pdf

See page 3 where it says:

For Warhammer 40,000 Events

• A Warhammer 40,000 Codex and/or Codex Supplement

• The Escalation, Death from the Skies and Stronghold Assault publications

• A Forge World publication (including digital updates)

• Forge World Experimental Rules

• Dataslates

• The “Horus Heresy” publications will only be in use where the Event Pack specifically says so.

[edit]

Yes, this is just for Warhammer World events, but it is a GW event and a GW document saying FW is a standard part of the games at GW events.  It holds as much weight as the fully painted requirement.  Take that for good and bad because honestly, when was the last time you had a pick-up game at your LGS against a fully painted army.

What it does mean is what you see at GW sponsered events will include FW units and armies.  Other events are certianly going to follow suit since the Warrior's Code is a GW standard now.  All this equals more exposure and less "unknown" given a little time.

What it DOESN'T mean --even though a lot of FW zealots proponents will try to tell you it does -- is that you HAVE to play against FW in pickup games.  You don't have to play against them any more than you have to play against necrons or unpainted armies, to go back to that analogy.  It will become more common to see these at other tournements and eventualy local events, tho.

Yep I completely agree :)

Though one wonders why they are still being so cryptic in the way they do 'validate' FW in regular games.  How hard is it really to release a pdf update for the main rulebook that says FW can be used just like codices or rules in white dwarf.  It's almost like they're afraid to do so for some reason.  I don't get it.

They aren't going to claim forge world officially like that, because as far as they're concerned 'it's always been completely part of the game and don't give me that look you know I'm never wrong'.

The game is built around consent, GW seems to take every opportunity to say so - you don't have to do anything you don't want to so anyone insisting on doing something their opponent doesn't like is being a bit weird... You can't be made to play against FW stuff if you don't want to, same as you can't be made to play against armies that are commanded by squealing man-children if you don't want to tongue.png

This game is a jumble of mismatched and unbalanced rules. It makes sence that GW is taking to another company to balance rules and make cool new figs that way the "parent" company can stick to thier love affair armies. Just another example of the beer and chips mentality that GW is leaning towards. "sure just bring whatevs, call it narrative" By the way, " forging a narrative" is translated to "we dont want/need to balance this game" in my opinion so given the companys stand towards gameplay i have never had a problem with forgeworld. People who do take the game to seriously. When i come across a new forgeworld unit in a game i just ask to read the rules and take the game as a learning experience. 

The only one I know if is mine, http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/276024-order-of-the-sacred-tome/?hl=%2Btome&do=findComment&comment=3408179

That's 7mil foamboard (I think it was 7mm) carved into shape then clad with plasticard and some bits off the Mk2 rhino (although you could do that with plasticard too if I'm honest), with some accessories from other vehicles stuck on top and a bit of speaker wire.

Archived