Maggot Kin - Slaves Nurgle Thread

The Coocoon pods rained down onto the bloodsoaked soil of Terra, slamming down into the shattered earth like miniture meteors, 

leveling buildings in their fiery descent, the sides split open with a wet sucking sound, a dirty green-brown mist vents through the tears followed by a cloud of fat hairy flies that buzzed around the pods like a black halo. Out of the pods came shambling figures, a parody of the noble Legiones Astartes. Their power armour pitted and corroded, the once smooth white surfaces flaking and peeling, discoloured with filth and corruption. The Astartes were  just as rotten as the armour that protected them, some with skin pulled taught over cadaverous faces, others fat and swollen with decay, maggots writhing through flesh, eyes rotting away and entrails slipping through cracks in their armour.

Behind them larger 'Tomb' ships landed, giant Mausoleums descending on pillars of unholy fire. Slowly, ramps lowered down and the warmachines of the Legion moved into position to support the  attack. Battle tanks rusted and warped, leaking oil and other unrecognisable fluids down their cracked hulls, supported the attack. Dreadnoughts, some warped beyond recognition due to daemonic posession of the pilots, corroded weaponry venting hot steam or spitting out rusted shells, and other unknown engines of destruction launched screaming projectiles at the enemy.

The 'Plague' Marines turned and marched towards the walls of the Emperors Palace, advancing behind hordes of Cultists, wretched rotten figures no better than Zombies. The Marines followed shambling slowly, hunched over carrying rusting boltguns and ruined chainswords, swarms of Flies surrounding them, crawling into mouths and empty eye sockets, returning through the nose or escaping out of burst sections of armour.

In the warp, Nurgle looked down at his favored warriors, knowing that soon his plagues will reap a huge toll on the loyalists, and his power will grow until he will be unstoppable... 

This army is based on the Forge World Heresy lists, but Ive also built it so its compatible with the Chaos dex, Its based around the Siege of Terra (hence the backgroud story), originally this was my Blood Angels army, but I reread that short story that was published in an old WD (and Collected Visions) of the Traitor assault and decided to tear them apart and go Death Guard again (I traded my old Nurgle army for a BC Rich flying V)

Chaos Lord and counts as Typhus... 

2013-12-08+19.47.29.jpg

2013-12-08+19.47.55.jpg

Dreadnought...

2013-12-08+19.48.24.jpg

First Squad... 

2013-12-08+19.50.18.jpg

2013-12-08+19.49.55.jpg

Rhino and Vindicator (Brummbrum Bangbang)

2013-12-08+19.51.23.jpg

And the rest...

DSCF3306.JPG

Yea, got a Word Bearers army on the go and a combined Imperial Fist/Black Templars army to finish (actually need to undercoat the fists :') ) and n the new year Ill be workin on a Genestealer cult and Inquisitor warband for some skirmish games, and my necromunda Escher gang needs finishing (converted from dark eldar and daemonettes) and my guard patrol (van saar). and I may start Orks, roughly based on first ed army structure (one big mob, other mobs must be smaller etc). 

The loosing of some older stuff is gutting, but the worst was after a break up with an ex, my entire collection dating back to 1991 got thrown out, all my RoC stuff, First ed Bloodbowl with most of the cardboard players still on the sheets, and other random hard to get bits, I dont believe in violence towards women, but Id make an exception for her -.- I had to start from scratch again at the start of 5th ed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Private Pike was tired, they were all tired, sleep was a rarity these days, how he missed the days when he was a lowly clerk at the funditorium, working in a nice warm office then going home to a hot meal cooked by his mother. Life was easy then, then the posters went up around town 'Want to see new worlds? Want to be part of something BIG? Then join up now for the Imperial Army, The Emperor wants YOU!'. Visions of glory fllled his head, cuttng down foul xenos with his trusty Las rifle, crushing those weakling Orks in noble hand to hand combat (after his first encounter with the Greenskin menace he was sure those propaganda posters lied) carving a path through the stars bringing the Emperors light to the dark corners of the galaxy.

Now, only three years later, everything he knew was in ruins, the Emerors ffavoured son turned traitor, leading half of the Astartes legions and millions of traitors, heretics and other unsavory types straight to Terra, to cut out the very heart of the Imperium.  He pulled his scarf tighter round his neck to keep him warm, it bought back memories of his Mother worrying as he was about to leave to join his regiment 'wear your scarf or you'll catch your death of cold...'  he was startled from his daydream by a hand on his shoulder, he looked up into the round face of his Captain, 'Boy' the Captain said softly 'its time, prepare yourself'.

He looked around at the rest of his squad, there was a few pople from his home town, Captain Manwaring himself, Oldman Jones, 'Uncle' Arthur, Godfrey, Walker,  and a few other people who have been separated from their other units durnig the fighting.  They took position at the windows and doorway of the ruind building they were sheltering in, aiming their weapons out into the smoke filled street, and waited...

• 4 months later...

Whilst Pike waited, the forces of the Plague God gathered, the ETL has started and reinforcements came flooding in to the warzone. 

So for my First ETL vow I chose

Chaos Sorcerer - Plasma Pistol, MoN, Blight Grenades and Palanquin. 

Dark Apostle - MoN and Blight Grenades.

Chaos Lord - MoN, Black Mace and Blight Grenades.

10 Plague Marines - Power Fist, 2 Meltas and Icon of Despair. 

10 Plague Marines - Power Sword, 2 Plasma Guns and Icon of Despair.

5 Havocs - MoN, Power Sword and 4 Flamers.

5 Raptors - MoN, Power Maul and 2 Plasma Pistols.

3 Bikes - MoN, Power Fist, Gift of Mutation, Icon of Despair and 2 meltas.

7 Possessed - MoN, Icon of Despair and 2 Gifts of Mutation.

Vindicator - Daemonic Possession.

for a total value of 1,909 points. 

10256953_689781907747836_4248650706734002722_n.jpg

The Lord, Sorcerer, Possessed and Bikers are still to be built, will be working on the possessed today, the Palanquin has me stumped, though i have had a few ideas thrown my way yesterday, the best being a plague cart base, shame that I only have a chaos chariot spare atm, anybody got any ideas - piks?

it will be finished by sunday (whats in the pik) im doin a all nighter tonight, gonna work on the bits that need sculpting in the week after work, then next week end paint the rest of the vow. 

Edit... Im doin an all nighter AFTER i watch breakfast club and police academy

• 2 weeks later...

well :cuss happened and i didnt get time to finish it all. though i have done the two ten man plague marine squads done and the raptors. cameras bein a pain atm so ill get pix up tomorrow. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived