HH Imperial Fists helmet colour

Dorns Templar

Collected Visions had a re-release? Where can I find it?

Black Library. Look for the super-expensive, sold out $250 set of novels. Or go to Amazon and look for the $70 Visions of Treachery(I believe that's the title) that has yet to be released.

Honestly, my Watch will retain yellow helms across the board (line brethren and vets), and my Sergeants will either take white helms or gold trim on their plate to mark them out.

Red on yellow is so damn ugly, IMO (Yeah, that includes the BA's weird yellow helms). White and yellow looks so much better. If all fails when the IF HH stuff comes out and shoots my idea full of holes, I'll retain that it was a Unification-era mark that was kept out of respect of those who came before.

Hey, hey, just because the IX have an apreciation of the finer things in life like bold colour schemes and exceptional basket weaving ,doesn't mean you shave pates in the IV and VII get to insult our sartorial elegance. *sigh* Fulgrim would have understood...

In regards to the blood and bone theme for helmets it could have started before Dorn was found and as time went on only the veterans wore red helmets.

Also the sentinels of terra book puts vets who have served as sternguard in black helmets.

Also the sentinels of terra book puts vets who have served as sternguard in black helmets.

A lot of HH elite units are use black in their colour scheme, Justerin, Catulan Reavers, Dorns Templars etc. I may make my elites wear black helms with a white stripe.

If I recall correctly, they are Imperial Fists who wear Sigismund's sigil on the other pauldron, and who wear those . . . Drapes . . . Things . . . .whatever that 40k BTs wear.

So gold armor, right pauldron with the cross, and bathrobe.

I can check Riven in an hour, other sources will have to wait until tonight.

Here is the relevant piece, in spoilers

The Space Marine who had removed Crius’s helm wore yellow armour with a black-on-white cruciform device on his shoulder. There was a stillness about him that reminded Crius of the memorial statues that guarded the graves of the honoured dead.
Imperial Fists, he thought. The praetorians of Terra. Of course.
The Imperial Fists legionary stepped back, and Crius saw a second figure standing further back, watching in silence, his armour swathed in a white tabard crossed with black, his hand resting upon the pommel of a sheathed sword. He looked into the figure’s hard, cold sapphire eyes.

All the other sources I can recall match that, I believe. Just so you know, the second figure is Sigismund, while the other guy is a plain jane Templar.

So to be accurate, you'd be a typical Imperial Fist. The only aspects of 40k Black Templars that you would see is that the left shoulderpad with the Chapter device is now on the right shoulder, as the left would have the Imperial Fist device, and the tabards would still be present.

Honestly, that sounds a super-freaking awesome color scheme to me.

Using B&C's Army Painter, here is the color scheme from what I can gather. Please note, rather than looking for those perfect shades of yellow and such, I just grabbed the most obviously named ones like Golden Yellow and Bleached Bone and went with it. It might not be "perfect" Imperial Fist colors, but it serves its purpose.

spacemarine.jpg

EDIT:

Oh, and here is the relevant bit in Dark King:

He looked up again as he heard his own name, given voice by a
warrior in the golden plate armour of the Imperial Fists who bore
the black and white heraldry of its First Captain.
He knew this warrior too...
‘Curze!’ cried Sigismund. ‘What have you done?’

I don't have the official fluff handy right now but when you look at Helbrecht's armour's shinguards and backpack, it looks like it's supposed to be a mkII with a tabard and gorget. The 'Eavy Metal guys always painted it golden, and while i don't know if the GW guys gave it even that much consideration, it would be a nice touch if it's a suit from those ancient days of yore.

That looks really good. The muted yellow fits just right with the bone tabard, and the black and red prevent it from being monotonous.

Mmmmm.

Ya got a fetish for tabards do ya? :D

....they are the last say in fashion in the 30th millenium. Comfortable and killy.

Is it weird I prefer flesh cloaks?

Now I want to see a duster made out of skinned hide.......

Only problem is that its like seude.

spill a little wine or blood on it and its ruined tongue.png

I think of it more like a worn canvas; it adds flavor.

Is it weird I prefer flesh cloaks?

Now I want to see a duster made out of skinned hide.......

Only problem is that its like seude.

spill a little wine or blood on it and its ruined tongue.png

I think of it more like a worn canvas; it adds flavor.

Do you...

I mean...

Eat...

Naaah. But I wonder...

Archived