++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

I love how you show Barbastellan's thoughts and values, they really show that he's more then a simple warrior automaton. Characters such as yours, (and all the other great NL characters from different authors) add richness and depth to a legion many believe to only consist of sadists and murderers.

Reading all the great fluff people are writing for their armies and characters, really give me motivation to finish my own fluff.

Keep the good stuff comming, Balthamal.

I love how you show Barbastellan's thoughts and values, they really show that he's more then a simple warrior automaton. Characters such as yours, (and all the other great NL characters from different authors) add richness and depth to a legion many believe to only consist of sadists and murderers.

Reading all the great fluff people are writing for their armies and characters, really give me motivation to finish my own fluff.

Cheers mate. The main thing I want to convey about him is that his perspective is different to many of the VIII Legion. It's not that he doesn't enjoy the pain and misery he brings to helpless mortals, he relishes it. He just needs a deeper meaning behind it. He wants to be standing in blood amidst a thousand skinning pits on Terra at the final Sun fall of the Long War. It's the same desire Talos had, just Barb has had it from night 1 whereas Talos only really came to that days before he died.

Hopefully I'll manage to shed some more light on them and just why they seem to do pretty well

And A DB's wife is a hot Irish chick, so that's definite bonus points.

I'm a drunken half caste irish does that count for points?

The slightest drop of Irish blood is enough. It's like I negative, goes with anything. I swear when I was in Australia last year they were more Irish than Australians

Cheers mate. The main thing I want to convey about him is that his perspective is different to many of the VIII Legion. It's not that he doesn't enjoy the pain and misery he brings to helpless mortals, he relishes it. He just needs a deeper meaning behind it. He wants to be standing in blood amidst a thousand skinning pits on Terra at the final Sun fall of the Long War. It's the same desire Talos had, just Barb has had it from night 1 whereas Talos only really came to that days before he died.

Hopefully I'll manage to shed some more light on them and just why they seem to do pretty well

And A DB's wife is a hot Irish chick, so that's definite bonus points.

I'm a drunken half caste irish does that count for points?
The slightest drop of Irish blood is enough. It's like I negative, goes with anything. I swear when I was in Australia last year they were more Irish than Australians

It's the best ;)

Now if we could get some Canadians we could breed a super Aussie!

We Irish folks are like the mutts of the human genome... there's a little bit of us everywhere.

S'what makes it weird that I'm Irish on both sides of the family, I s'pose. I don't think the claim to being an Irish "purebred" holds much weight though :P

@ Balth - I know what you mean. If I were surrounded by an entire continent of scorched ass tundra filled entirely with animals and plants that can actively kill me, I'd want good drinking buddies too.  

Always a good idea!

The Night Lords have plenty of awesome themes to go with. Many like the idea of psychotic Ravenguard. 

I always have seen them a little more like evil White Scars. Rapid assaults calculated to strike hardest at an enemies' weakest points and using their own confusion against them. 

Always a good idea!

The Night Lords have plenty of awesome themes to go with. Many like the idea of psychotic Ravenguard.

I always have seen them a little more like evil White Scars. Rapid assaults calculated to strike hardest at an enemies' weakest points and using their own confusion against them.

Still sounds like the Ravens to me.

Thinking about it there is a trinity of Legions with over lapping styles that I love. Night Lords, Raven Guard, and the Alpha Legion. Now that would be a fearsome prospect to face.

Ah, but I think there is a definite division in tactics between the three of them which make them all distinct and unique.

Take a random theoretical mission; enter a city and destroy an specific target. The Ravenguard would slip unnoticed into the enemy held territory and eliminate the target with surgical precision before slipping back into the shadows. The Night Lords, on the other hand would be much more likely to deploy in a shock assault through either drop pod or gunship insertion, laying a path of waste to their target, heedless of collateral damage and casualties. If they could find an excuse to deploy hallucinogenic toxins like a grim-dark version of Batman's Scarecrow, all the better. The Alphas would probably go about it by infiltrating the working class citizens, gradually subverting their ideology until the very idea of *not* suicide bombing their target would be unthinkable.

Either way of the three, problem solved. But *definitely* a difference ^_^  

Ah, but I think there is a definite division in tactics between the three of them which make them all distinct and unique.

Take a random theoretical mission; enter a city and destroy an specific target. The Ravenguard would slip unnoticed into the enemy held territory and eliminate the target with surgical precision before slipping back into the shadows. The Night Lords, on the other hand would be much more likely to deploy in a shock assault through either drop pod or gunship insertion, laying a path of waste to their target, heedless of collateral damage and casualties. If they could find an excuse to deploy hallucinogenic toxins like a grim-dark version of Batman's Scarecrow, all the better. The Alphas would probably go about it by infiltrating the working class citizens, gradually subverting their ideology until the very idea of *not* suicide bombing their target would be unthinkable.

Either way of the three, problem solved. But *definitely* a difference ^_^

Yeah I agree. That's what I meant by overlapping styles, they have close traits but very different styles. Anyway I am thinking Night Lords and Alpha Legion would be a good combo. In the words of the Joker 'Introduce a little Anarchy'.

I've always thought the 8th and 20th would work well together, not just visually, but in actual fluff terms as well. 

I could totally see the Alpha legion insertion teams using the Night Lords' crazed terror making as the cover  for all sorts of nefarious activities ^_^

I'm not a Night Lord though...

Hell I don't know what I am. I can't exactly claim a Legion or Chapter. Besides, do you think you can stop the Queen of Blades and the Inferno?

Don't have to be a Night Lord to be a victim, just alive. :D

Besides, who said anything about me fighting? ;)

Not gonna lie... Jasp has the right of it, I'm not super dangerous IRL. 

He only wants to get into a fist fight b/c he's like 14 inches taller than I am. 

... Hey Jasp, I can still deadlift your bodyweight holding a keg! :P