++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Looking good! I really like the fact that your blue very subtly turns into a slightly lighter shade. Well done on that. The gold is neat. The lightning isn't everywhere, which is nice. Perhaps it could be on one leg too - or maybe that's not your thing, it works as is too. Only thing I could say is perhaps the guns/cables/grenades could use some metal on them and the eyes could use some orange near the nose and a dot of white in the back - but this model is obviously not finished so I'm sure you've already planned that. Great start mate, looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks guys. I haven't even started the bolt pistols or the cables, in fact I never even washed the metals. I just wanted to see how the blue looked and if I could do lightening and the terror markings. I think the lightening is a bit too thick. For the blue I wanted an early night sky, hence the gradual change. I don't want to overdo stuff like lightening and all the gory stuff but I probably will add a bit more, and maybe a bit of dried blood.

What I do for thin lightning is take a light blue and mix it with grey, then slowly mix water and use a dry 000 brush, with a tip sharpened with spit. Yes, spit. Usually I only get one or two 'stems' of lightning done per go - and I clean my brush with water and lick the tip after every go. It's less time consuming than you'd think. Hope this helps.

Lightning looks fine to me. I don't even use a thin brush for mine. I've found that the best method (or what works best for me) is to use a brush that has the best point, typically a kolinsky 2 in my case and just trail it down the armour, and leaving the fade away at the bottom in. 

Definitely looks pretty sweet Demon. 

Your area highlighting is awesome. I'm much more prone to extreme edge highlights myself, so I always find it super neat to see how other folks do it. 

And that free-hand terror mark :wub.:

Hmmm I could set up a stall offering to paint terror markings on people.

Anyway thanks for the comments guys, was an enjoyably model to half paint. Under the the baleful influence of Heathens I have changed my Night Lords to those of the Crimson Sons of the VIIIth Legion. Set during the late crusade/early heresy, they are attached to a nomad predatory exploration fleet along with the XIX and XX legions, also of (mainly) Terran descent.

Got some fluff in the works, will be taking a different approach from the usual Night Lords, sort of similar to BCKs Crimson Sons. Still twisted killers born in a lightless world, but with slightly less of the Nostramo gang theme.

And that free-hand terror mark :wub.:

Never took you for the face-painting type Flint, then again I suppose it's not your average fairground facepaint...

Dark Gods, imagine if it was though. :laugh.:

*That* is the fair I want to go to.

You can come to Warped Tour in Orlando! It' be perfect! I'll even drive Flint up since she's moved to Miami!

Yay! 

Just a temporary stay thou, I'm afraid. Down here on a three month work study for female figure athletes. Isn't bad so far for a crazy swamp town. ^_^

What are you a closet Iron Hand?

Nah I just like needed some body parts and it would be rude not to replace wjat I took.

I want to contribute my epic scale Imperator Titan to the Nightlords.

Mainly because it's blue already.

better then a smurf titan.

Flint: Awww, and here I was hoping to have a Heresy buddy to try and build my army with, even if it was a four hour drive. :sad.:

Balthamal: Nah, he's Variel in disguise. :tongue.:

I know right!

Sorry buddy :cry:

I'm all caught up training lady weightlifters. Barely have time to even work on my lil micro-titan.

*looks at Acerbus*

*looks at Balthamal*

*looks at Ruven*

*looks at Balthamal*

*looks at Cyrion*

*looks at Balthamal*

*looks at Uzas*

*looks at Balthamal*

*looks at the Exalted*

*looks at Balthamal*

*looks at Curze*

*looks at Balthamal*