++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

I have magnets mounted in both the wrist snd shoulder. As Slips pointed out, the autocannon, chain & power fists, heavy flamer and lightning claws all attach via the shoulder. But being the OCD ridden perfectionist I am, I felt the need to also make the power swords, axes amd mauls all interchangeable as well....

Completely forgot about the DG terminator pads though!

So....with my near unlimited time to brainstorm at work. I got to formulate the opinion that I'm almost positive we'll be seeing new units for the Word Bearers & World Eaters in the coming Calth and Shadow Crusade books.

With that being said I think it'll leave the expectation that we will probably receive a new unit (fingers crossed for Atramentar) in a future book, my guess would be in a Thramas based setting.

This is obviously only wishful thinking but I think it'd make sense

I just finished painting, basing (actually the reinforcing sculpting, painting and weathering of the base took more time than the total process of the Primarch!) and photographing this piece of work:

The Night Haunter, the Primarch of the VIII Legio Astartes and our Lord and Father: the coward Konrad Curze.

A lot more pictures in my showcase thread, here.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/2015-02-11%2018.11.13_zpshfsbrydg.jpg

I really like that brighter shade to his armor, almost teal-like. It's just different enough to be interesting without being disconnected from our expectations. If you have other models like that, or if this isn't a trick of the light/camera, then I'll have to give your WIPs a look.

I really like that brighter shade to his armor, almost teal-like. It's just different enough to be interesting without being disconnected from our expectations. If you have other models like that, or if this isn't a trick of the light/camera, then I'll have to give your WIPs a look.

Well then I'm happy to say it's no trick of the light, I've had many comments of my supposed 'too light Night Lords', and my humble Showcase might be just what you're looking for. (I have almost no models painted to finish in my WIP thread, as works in progress are -by definition- not finished. But I'm slowly getting over my ocd);) :tu: Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Ordered myself a butt-load of Dark Eldar dangly, spiky, chainy bits to add some flavor to the couple units I'm assembling.

Anyone have suggestions on other good bits to Night Lords-ify some models? Keep in mind I'm assembling them as a PRE-Istvaan army, so I'd like to keep SM helmet trophies to a minimum.

Order of the day. Check the following facts/aspects of the Night Lords geneseed. Comment if anything should be added or removed. This is a discussion on the genetic specifics of the Night Lords geneseed, not about the tactics or the traits of the legion, just of its biological template. Provide the title of the resource if you recall where the fact was written. 

Night Lords:

• pale skin
  • black eyes
  • vicious, lean features
  • loud shrieks
  • sensitivity to light
  • night vision
  • heightened smell
  • very pure
  • vicious demeanor

Purity depends on warp exposure, the shrieks are more of an armour projector/theft of vox thingy, not sure if they are overly sensitive to light either, they did put the sorceror in that daylight room 24/7 to torture him but generally i think they can tolerate "normal" light conditions but prefer the dark as it reminds them of home

What I am trying to present is the "basic" genetic template of a Night Lords marine. Warp exposure, psychic mutation, strange geneforging practices, all are subjective to the single warband but what I ask you is to explore and help me define the baseline Night Lords marine. 

Edited by Tenebris

Ah gotcha. 

Yeah it looks like you've hit on pretty much all the basics. Pale skin, black hair, huge pupils that almost eclipse the sclera, light sensitivity, very stable and pure geneseed.

It was mentioned in French's Night Lord short that apparently the Terran Night Lords are even more light sensitive than the Nostramans.  

Although that would be a genetic trait of the Terrans, not the gene-seed.

However, it also removes the "vicious, lean features" as the Terrans were described as stocky with rounded faces.

But yes, the Night Lords IA article does state that the VIII Legion geneseed is surprisingly pure considering the amount of warp exposure it is subjecte to.

Man I need to come here more often. I feel like the moody uncle that only the older relatives know and who visits once in a blue moon.

hey look, it's that funny smellin' uncle who lives in the deep end of the eye of terror:biggrin.:

and damn, i guess that makes me an older midnight clad relative :sleep.:

@geneseed topic: light sensitivity was mentioned in The Long Night Audio Drama recently. but you seem to have everything covered on that front.

Edited by Wicced