++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

All Nostraman recruits were..... Well they were Nostraman.

The Terran recruits come from two known locations: one being an underground prison where survival of the fittest was the law of the land, and Albania, which hasn't been too well expanded upon.

And the impression given is that neither were overly murderous. Going by the short story, the Terrans viewed their acts as a necessary evil, rather than an enjoyable one.

However, it did seem to be rather easy to transition from the Terran mindset to the Nostraman one, as seen in a few cases.

Sure, but that's not what you said. :tongue.:

Although a search of Albion Soldiers doesn't really yield anything better :wink:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/StateLibQld_1_117080_Soldiers_enjoying_a_day_at_the_races,_despite_the_storm_at_Albion_Park,_Brisbane,_January_1941.jpg

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Albion was what the Romans called the isle of Great Britain. So following 40K's penchant for using psuedo-latin, "Albia"(which I did mistakenly write as Albania) is British. Meaning we get James Bond, Alfred Pennyworth and the British SAS.

So a portion of the Terran Night Lords are pale skinned sociopaths from a perpetually grey clouded country on earth, so no stereotyping there huh...

Mind you I'd kill entire worlds to get some warm sunshine filled days...

I dont cook with salt Kol. I prefer a variety of marinades or use of a good stock to flavour flesh dishes. Insult my albian heretige further and I'll come over there and start putting oranges in pai[redacted by order of the inquistion....................]

I jest of course. And I tan quite well, being oddly darker skinned for a supposed pure white ethnic background. Though I do so enjoy the dark

Guys, I need some feedback. I've vowed to make a truescale rendition of First Claw before the 15th of March in the Augustus Arena B&C Inter-Frater Hobby Challenge Event.

But I'm not completely sure about their individual equipment, armour and overall looks.

Talos:

MkV helmet, Blood Angel Aurum Power sword, Malcharion's Twin Bolter, chest piece with a desecrated Imperial Eagle.

Uzas:

bareheaded and aged, chain axe

Cyrion:

Huge double handed chainsword/eviscerator

Xarl:

Ceremonial helmet with wings, power sword

Mercutian:

Horned helmet, Heavy Bolter

Variel:

Apothecary equipment like Narthecium, bloodied apron.

Is this right or am I missing something?

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Ah, it is indeed Xarl with the two handed chainsword and ceremonial winged helm.

Speaking of helms, Talos has a MK5 with a Nostraman rune branded on the brow.

Uzas used a chainaxe and gladius, and is most commonly depicted with a World Eater MKII-esque helm. Regardless of the helm pattern he *must* have that badass bloody handprint across it :D

Cyrion does indeed have those sweet lightning tears. His right arm is also augmetic. 

**EDIT** Found the pic I was looking for.

Does this help, Augustus? 

Variel, Xarl, Uzas, Talos, Cyrion and Mercution (left to right. And if you click it, the original is hella bigger and more detailed)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/540/4aPNe3.jpg

Edited by Flint13

Sister, you deserve to be spoken apart from the rest of us.  I am sure no insult was intended.  If there were, I have no doubt you are up for the task of exacting your own revenge. Prey Sight.

Oh I totes didn't take it as a slight. It just amuses me that only in the Night Lords and World Eaters threads do Frater often take the time to say anything besides "Brothers!"

Aye, Flint is above us petty mortals, but that is why we must overwhelm! Otherwise she will hold the high ground and rain down divine retribution upon us! So we must surround her and drown her in a sea of blades! For Frodo! For the Shire! And for my own damn self!

Sorry, I may have been watching Return of the King. :D

Edited by Kol Saresk

Sister, you deserve to be spoken apart from the rest of us. I am sure no insult was intended. If there were, I have no doubt you are up for the task of exacting your own revenge. Prey Sight.

Oh I totes didn't take it as a slight. It just amuses me that only in the Night Lords and World Eaters threads do Frater often take the time to say anything besides "Brothers!"

That's because you're the two largest groups with activity, followed by the Black Legion, Emperor's Children, and Iron Warriors.

TL:DR

Pretty sure with the Night Lords it was a case of extremely dark iris, to the point where there's no distinction between iris and pupil. 

It's the XIX Legion who have the black sclera as a result of the gene-seed

Is it? 

I always thought it was the pupil that was almost permanently dilated on top of a black iris to make the sclera almost invisible, which accounted for both the black eyes and the light sensitivity. 

Do the XIX have light sensitive eyes too, or just the blacked out rave kid bit? 

I don't think they have the whole night vision thing down, aside from what regular astartes get at any rate. Conversely I don't think Nostraman Legionnaires suffered excessively with light sensitivity unless it was brighter than normal UV levels then it became a bit of a chore