++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Apparently Guy Haley is taking on the mantle of the Imperium Secondus arc involving our diseased father.

After A Safe and Shadowed Place I'm.....intrigued by this. If we can't have Aaron then I can think of worse people to take over the mantle of the VIII Legion. 

John French would have been great though...

Apparently Guy Haley is taking on the mantle of the Imperium Secondus arc involving our diseased father.

After A Safe and Shadowed Place I'm.....intrigued by this. If we can't have Aaron then I can think of worse people to take over the mantle of the VIII Legion. 

John French would have been great though...

why can't we have aaron?

Because the Black Legion at least is in the works And there was Master of Mankind but I have no idea what's going on with that. And Nightfall is somewhere in the future (probably the HH book I've been dying to read most since A Thousand Sons/Prospero Burns)

hmn you might be onto something there...

i'm not sure though, didn't he write some heresy books (betrayer, first heretic) while the Night Lords trilogy was still running?

i liked  A Safe and Shadowed Place, but i hope mighty ADB keeps writing for my favorite legion :wink:

Ah, I was going to ask about Nightfall. I remember that being talked up as the first 8th legion HH novel from quite awhile back.

I was a little curious about what John French's take would have been on the 8th legion. The whole Terran side of things, the Dream Eater coven... Seems like a ton of super fertile literary soil.

Don't worry, I have blood sacrifices prepared that we see continued writings from French, Haley and ADB concerning our Legion.

Let's see, a child for Haley, and I think twelve goats work for French. I need something for ADB. Well there is that marathon coming up. If I scatter lego pieces right before the finish line, that should easily draw enough blood.........

I have a few people on a list I wouldn't mind going misding if you're up for it kol :devil:

I want Nightfall. Yesterday. To be honest, a garro omnibus and siege of terra plus some aftermath stuff and I'll be golden

Nah. I work seven overnights a weeks so being outside when I'm not at work is averse to my health. Something about light sensitivity and an allergic reaction to UV based on the mythological belief of light destroying darkness.

Or something like that.

I think Aaron's reached the point now where he's basically become another Dan - everything he touches turns to literary gold. Hence overwhelming demand for anything and everything. Not a good situation to be in for someone who freely admits they write slowly. At least with Guy we're guaranteed something fairly regularly - the man is a machine when it comes to churning out words

My yearning for Nightfall fell off somewhat when The Long Night was teased then released. Then it returned a thousand fold because for me there's no such thing as too much Sevatar. And being honest about it, I won't be 100% happy until every damned Legion has their own Novel. Not a few novellas, not an audio, not sharing prime time with others. A book. Devoted to themselves. As we stand, Only the V, VIII and X Legions are still in that camp (Tallarn has ticked that box with the IV) 

.....If I scatter lego pieces right before the finish line, that should easily draw enough blood.........

This made me lol

Edit: Some progress in my WIPhttp://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/302635-what-comes-in-the-nightnight-lords-wip/?p=3954519

Still waiting on some bits to arrive to dress up my Terror Squad and of course Sevatar is still in the mail -__-

Edited by Black_out

I think Aaron's reached the point now where he's basically become another Dan - everything he touches turns to literary gold. Hence overwhelming demand for anything and everything. Not a good situation to be in for someone who freely admits they write slowly. At least with Guy we're guaranteed something fairly regularly - the man is a machine when it comes to churning out words

My yearning for Nightfall fell off somewhat when The Long Night was teased then released. Then it returned a thousand fold because for me there's no such thing as too much Sevatar. And being honest about it, I won't be 100% happy until every damned Legion has their own Novel. Not a few novellas, not an audio, not sharing prime time with others. A book. Devoted to themselves. As we stand, Only the V, VIII and X Legions are still in that camp (Tallarn has ticked that box with the IV) 

ALL HAIL THE BALD BARDS OF STEEL!

*ahem* 

I did really enjoy French's work since it was such a neat departure from Talos, Sevatar and company, but still awesome.

Apparently, the way Carl Tuttle tells it, Guy Haley also has crazy huge bodybuilder biceps. Do with that fact what you will.

Apparently, the way Carl Tuttle tells it, Guy Haley also has crazy huge bodybuilder biceps. Do with that fact what you will.

Spread the rumor that he is a Catachan scholar from the future?

Edit: Because I heard a rumor that he is a Catachan scholar from the future.

Edited by Conn Eremon

Spread the rumor that he is a Catachan scholar from the future?

Edit: Because I heard a rumor that he is a Catachan scholar from the future.

He types so furiously with his jacked arms that the words just appear on the screen to save the keyboard some pain and torment?

Augustus, here's some more stuff that might help with your 1st Claw build:

https://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/?s=first+claw

Personally, I liked Slaine's concept sketches of the members better than the finished painting, which looked too busy and dirty to me.

Augustus, here's some more stuff that might help with your 1st Claw build:

https://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/?s=first+claw

Personally, I liked Slaine's concept sketches of the members better than the finished painting, which looked too busy and dirty to me.

Yeah I had the same thought, I loved the concept sketches, hated the final piece

Conversation has moved on from Tenebris' post about the Night Lord genetic traits, but someone gave me this quote, from Prince of Crows:

"The primarch’s gene-seed whitened the skin of every soul who endured implantation, and blackened the irises of their eyes."

- Page 325 Shadows of Treachery anthology, small paperback edition. Beginning of Chapter IV, for those who have it as a novella or different format/edition.

Emphasis is mine. It specifies that it is the irises that are darkened, rather than the whole eye, meaning that there would still be a visible sclera, the whites of the eyes.

ALL HAIL THE BALD BARDS OF STEEL!

*ahem* 

I did really enjoy French's work since it was such a neat departure from Talos, Sevatar and company, but still awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/theindependentcharacters/photos/pb.221159101229431.-2207520000.1424250210./910874735591194/?type=3&theater

His guns are impressive no doubt about it. I don't know how or why it got started but at the BL Weekender at about 1am on the Saturday he just started flexing them. It would have been hilarious (note it was ) if they weren't so much bigger than mine that I felt less of a man....

Edited by Balthamal

Do extremely cold temperatures have any effect on resin?

I forgot to check the mail yesterday and had not only Sevatar arrive (with one of those nifty red Eye of Horus pins no less) but also the bits and paintbrush I had ordered...