++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Hello fellow Night Lords!  Just wanted to introduce myself after reading through most of the thread.  Been a long time Night Lords player and had no idea about this thing so I'm happy to join along.  Lots of good stuff in here and I hope to add to it.  Anyway I would love a Company, I was going with the 17th but it seems to be taken :dry.:   Doesn't really matter because I never had concrete fluff anyway.  Into the formal intro I guess then...

Lord Jushur of the VIII Legion, formally of the 17th Company now Lord and Captian of the Wailing Bastards

Seems having the Company number I was going to use taken has lead me to an idea for my fluff.  The thread is already working :wink:

Morning Jushur!

Welcome to the cool kids club. Don't worry about shooting for a company number that's taken too hard. We're a fractious bunch at the best of times, and even back in the legion glory days, command positions "changed hands" pretty regularly. 

Anywho, enjoy your stay, let us know if you have any questions and have fun stabbing folks! 

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  Most of what I have is back in the State so I can't show it but I figured this was the time to buy some stuff that I always wanted without having to worry about building a playable army.  I don't have much painted at the moment, nor do I have a WIP thread but I'm sure to start one up sooner or later.  Until then I load some pics of what I have so far into my gallery.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/10491-night-lords/

So now that I have Sevatar in hand I find myself facing a dilemma....which Legion should I paint up the victim on his display base as?

My thoughts immediately went "Dark Angel!!!!" But I think I want to stay away from black armor because of how dark the overall scheme on my Night Lords is, so I think I want some color/contrast. This is open to both the loyalist and traitor legions as I see Sev willing to kill anyone for pretty much any reason lol.

My current idea is a Word Bearer in their traditional gray armor....aaaand go!

Black_out, have you thought of Emperor's Children.  The purple does play off our Midnight clad well. 

So that's 3 votes 'Fists, 1 vote EC and 1 vote WB.

A fist would actually fit with my army concept of being pre-istvaan too, iirc Dorn detained Curze prior to the heresy, right? This way I could say the unlucky soul happened to be a guard placed on the bridge of their ship......

'Sup

Any of you guys know where this piece (next to Curze head) goes, I just can not figure it out.

16581295782_4b9ec268fb_c.jpg

looks like a thigh plate, i don't have the model but it looks like the circled piece to me...

gallery_54817_8987_15654.jpg

Edited by Wicced

Any of the brighter legions, NL skinned them all. Go justice league! Ocer here we have the face skin fresco, and over here we have a wonderful compilation of tattoos skinned from space wolves....

FTFY

~ Darkness Incarnate

So that's 3 votes 'Fists, 1 vote EC and 1 vote WB.

A fist would actually fit with my army concept of being pre-istvaan too, iirc Dorn detained Curze prior to the heresy, right? This way I could say the unlucky soul happened to be a guard placed on the bridge of their ship......

I'm seconding the EC, as the fist would indeed contrast much with Curze - so much that the yellow would totally overwhelm the scene and draw attention away from the focal point: Sevatar. And yellow is a difficult colour to do right if you're going for a toned down version to mitigate previously mentioned problem. You wouldn't have this with EC, as purple is in the same colour tone as dark blue and you could thus tone down the purple.

Has anyone noticed that Curze looks like he's about to fall over?

Yes, because he is. If his pose is meant to be standing 'on guard', they failed, as his centre of gravity is over the line between the edge of his toes, and he would thus tip over irl. Unless his cape is made out of steel. Then it'd be possible.

He's very tentatively trying to climb down a steep slope without using his hands, because the claws will get in the way.

That made me giggle.

Any of the brighter legions, NL skinned them all. Go justice league! Ocer here we have the face skin fresco, and over here we have a wonderful compilation of tattoos skinned from space wolves....

FTFY

~ Hipstress Incarnate

FTFY ;)

also, the only time I will ever say hipster or hipstress without "to the skinning pits" or burn.maim.kill afterwards

as to curzes pose, I always took it as he was about to pounce, like a cat revs itself up before tearing chunks out of you (Bengal cats are good at this, aswell as destroying projects)

FTFY

~ Darkness Incarnate

...reminds me of a song...

Edit: Decided not to use the music video >_>

Edited by Slipstreams

FTFY

~ Darkness Incarnate

...reminds me of a song...

Snip

Edit: Decided not to use the music video >_>

I wonder why.... (whilst reading some of cannibal corpses finer lyrics from the album sleeve of "tomb of the mutilated")

The hydra, nice moody piccies! Now get painting we all want to see what you do!