++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Where does one source skulls, heads, and other trophies for the well to do Night Lord connoisseur?

Secret Weapon Sack 'o Skulls

Secret Weapon Sack 'o Corpses

Puppets Wars Zombie heads as rotting trophy heads

FW Night Lords Rhino doors. Cut out the two excellent corpse trophies. This is not at all a waste of money, as you can use the side doors, and can cut out and file the backside of the front symbol to use on a front plate of plasticard, thus preventing a repetition of the same front on your vehicles. I did this a couple times.

Scout bits sites for Ork trophy hanging heads and vampire counts double hanging heads.

Green stuff flayed skin.

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

just finished the night lords omnibus and must say best quote of the books is Xarl to the champion 'i know all these warriors. they are First Claw, and i know they'll die as they lived,:trying to run away' followed closely by ' i look forward to letting our slaves use your helm as a :cussbucket' .. pure class.

I've decided Sevatars victim will be an Imperial Fist. Anyone have a paint scheme? Preferably using some form of airbrush color for the basecoat. I was planning to paint hazard stripes on the grated deck portion like FW did and maybe on the edges of the steps too

And then he dies using his head. :D

You know, I just realized that you have Uzas like literally all the time smashing his head into things to keep from killing, but the one time Xarl does it to kill someone, he dies. That's VIII Legion irony right there.

Xarl wasn't wearing a helm at the time. Key point.

And does it vs terminator armour as well

Was it Terminator armour? :geek: I thought it was a Company Champion in reg armour ..its been a while since i read the books though!:teehee:

EDIT: @Balthamal *in my head* "aaanndd now i look like a copy cat...and sound like a 4 year old... Way to not refresh the screen before posting :dry.:"

:P Glad we had the same thoughts!

Edited by Lord Haelim Lev

Champion Tolemion (of the Genesis Chapter) was in terminator plate with thunder hammer and storm shield. And Xarl still bashed his face in... With his face :D

At least to the best of my recall. I'll have to go check it out now.

Edited by Flint13

:geek: hmmm...  i just skimmed over the section in the novel and couldn't find any exact armour mention (...mind you i am at work and was skimming pretty fast lol

A slight description of Tolemion's armour paints the picture of a Regular Armoured Company Champion.  At one point Xarl and Tolemion are noted to have opposing reflections of each others armour, one with purity seals and the other with skulls etc.  i know the last part could be said just to describe the contracts between skull vs purity, but i feel its trying to say that's the only difference in their armour; other then colour. 

BUT Xarl also mentions Tolemion's armour is to thick for his chain sword to cut through. :confused:

Indeed it happened so. The duel was a protracted one, it lasted for a long time (by astartes standards) and it was a tough one. A marine with a chainsword against a terminator clad chapter champion with a shield to boot. Still it was both a combination of aggression, desperation, bloody mindedness and skill the reason why Xarl lasted so long and prevailed in the end, even at the cost of his own life. 

I'd always assumed it was artificer armour that Tolemion was wearing hence it being more difficult to penetrate but as others have said I haven't read the Night Lords trilogy in a few months. Now I feel a need to read to those fine books for the umpteenth time.... 

ADB has specifically stated before that the champion was indeed in regular artificer armor. IIRC, the champion is described as wearing a Terminator Crux, which is what led to the conclusion.

EDIT: Here's the quote by A D-B.

Tolemion was not a Terminator

He was the Third company Champion. He has Crux Terminatus on his shoulder but so do plenty of Power Armour veterans

Read the the description of his armour, he is wearing Power Armour. His helmet is described as Crested, riveted and with an ornate bronze grill

Its almost as if ADB is describing the Forge World 2011 Boarding Marine from Games Day

Not only that,

he ends up getting decapited
, which would be hard to do to a marine in TDA
Ta. Saves me posting it. I was wondering where the Terminator thing came from.

Besides, Xarl doesn't really come out on top. He

smashes his own skull to pieces and practically kills himself, just to disorientate the other guy and get him to back off a couple of steps.
That's pretty obvious from how First Claw look at him afterwards, but mostly apparent in how he feels after doing it, which has some pretty dense description about how much pain he's in, how ruined his skull is, and
the fact he dies literally a few minutes after doing it, despite taking "relatively" light wounds from the other Marine.
Edited by Kol Saresk

OK case closed!

In other news, today I reread Soul Hunter and on page 115 it is written that the helmets are respectively: Talos MkV, Uzas MkIII, Xarl MkVII (stolen from a Dark Angel) and -the biggest surprose: Cyrion MkII. In none of the renditions I have seen, in either 2D artwork or miniature form, have I ever seen Cyrion depicted in a MkII helmet. Who knew?

ADB has specifically stated before that the champion was indeed in regular artificer armor. IIRC, the champion is described as wearing a Terminator Crux, which is what led to the conclusion.

EDIT: Here's the quote by A D-B.

**Snip**

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/538/BTAQMX.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/538/JoUbQr.jpg

I stand corrected. 

OK case closed!

In other news, today I reread Soul Hunter and on page 115 it is written that the helmets are respectively: Talos MkV, Uzas MkIII, Xarl MkVII (stolen from a Dark Angel) and -the biggest surprose: Cyrion MkII. In none of the renditions I have seen, in either 2D artwork or miniature form, have I ever seen Cyrion depicted in a MkII helmet. Who knew?

ADB knew. I suppose that's little comfort.

Mark II looks a bit like Mark III, only mor Cylon-y.