Blood Angels 'Chapter Tactics' - what do you want to see?

teblin

-All infantry should gain furious charge.

-When locked in combat each unit should take a roll and on a 5+ they should get rage for the round.

-Give Sanguinary Guard 2 wounds, and maybe toughness 5 (I like the 5 man squad more of an elite feel)

-All assaulting models should get fleet.

-DOA allows for assault right after deep striking.

-Point reductions across the board

Perhaps this is OP but shooty armies just dominate way too much nowadays.

-When locked in combat each unit should take a roll and on a 5+ they should get rage for the round.

-Give Sanguinary Guard 2 wounds, and maybe toughness 5 (I like the 5 man squad more of an elite feel)

Yeah, it is lol

Although this would be a lot of fun for us for a short while, we'd end up as reviled as 5th ed. Grey Knights. Even just 1 or two of those rules, eg. Descent of Angels permitting assault after deepstrike, would break the game.

sockwithaticket, on 08 Feb 2014 - 11:01, said:

Although this would be a lot of fun for us for a short while, we'd end up as reviled as 5th ed. Grey Knights. Even just 1 or two of those rules, eg. Descent of Angels permitting assault after deepstrike, would break the game.

How about we have to choose whether to assault after Deep Strike or to get the increased precision Deep Strikes as from DoA?

How about we have to choose whether to assault after Deep Strike or to get the increased precision Deep Strikes as from DoA?

But that's worse than we have now. I'd rather keep the current points for VV than have to choose, unless we get servo skulls or something.

But that's worse than we have now. I'd rather keep the current points for VV than have to choose, unless we get servo skulls or something.

that suggestion was made under the assumptions that a) Vanguard Veterans do not get the old Heroic Intervention and cool.png that this option is available to every unit which now has DoA.

It won't be added to every unit with a Jump Pack, I seriously doubt we will keep out VV with it tbh but there's always hoping. In any case, needing to choose between our HI or DoA makes the VV worse than we currently have.

I like the rage token idea. Definitely worthwhile.

It would be interesting if they can re-shape sternguard to give them an assault focus. Swap out special use ammo and give them blood shard ammo?

Veteran Assault Marines used to be in addition to normal Veteran Marines back in 3rd ed. But because they were assault oriented (also vet marines were crud), they were better suited for BA and thus more useful.

You can't reshape sternguard into something else. They wouldn't be sternguard anymore. Might as well make a new unit.

Why not add: X number of Sternguard can exchange special ammo for bloodshard ammo for x points/free. Solved without making a new unit!

Besides, I'm pretty certain GW is willing to break/mold/change whatever they want to any unit if it means that they sell more of the kit. New special ammo can do that without a kit redo.

I like the sound of 18" assault rounds, the sternguard could then assault, or use Kraken rounds if over 12". But the sternguard are not assault focused and I think they should not be given "an assault role". leave the shooting to the bolters and the melee to the chainsword wielding battle crazy red thirst induced monsters that can do damage in assaults.

I feel that the next codex needs a complete overhaul in the assault unit section to implement the close combat-theme of the Blood Angels in 6th edition. If GW won't do that "correctly", I believe we may end up with a very characterful codex that is true to the background, but also very weak, or a red C:SM with special units, that will have us go with the trend and shoot everything to bits with ugly, bulked up terminator-dreadnoughts and other laughable gimmicks. They'll be painted red, mind you.

In my very humble opinion, the key to a successful realisation of C:BA ( a codex true to the background that is also able to compete) is to swim against the flow of the current edition. Just think of it, every unit designed for the Blood Angels has an assault-y theme to it, a theme that has become worthless in an environment that benefits ranged weaponry mostly and punishes those who actually try to get up close.

I'm not sure wether I deem GW capable of doing what needs to be done for a new C:BA.

Snorri

I feel that the next codex needs a complete overhaul in the assault unit section to implement the close combat-theme of the Blood Angels in 6th edition. If GW won't do that "correctly", I believe we may end up with a very characterful codex that is true to the background, but also very weak, or a red C:SM with special units, that will have us go with the trend and shoot everything to bits with ugly, bulked up terminator-dreadnoughts and other laughable gimmicks. They'll be painted red, mind you.

In my very humble opinion, the key to a successful realisation of C:BA ( a codex true to the background that is also able to compete) is to swim against the flow of the current edition. Just think of it, every unit designed for the Blood Angels has an assault-y theme to it, a theme that has become worthless in an environment that benefits ranged weaponry mostly and punishes those who actually try to get up close.

I'm not sure wether I deem GW capable of doing what needs to be done for a new C:BA.

Snorri

The codex doesn't need a complete overhaul in the assault section, the rules for assault do. I don't want a 6th BA codex, I want a 7th ed one with hopefully revised rules for assault, jump packs and transports.

Archived