Librarian with Pyromancy and PFG

Belial

10 terminators - 2 AC's

2x 5 men tac with PC

3 venerable dreadnoughts

Nephilim

Whirlwind

10 men Dev with 4 ML.

Nephilim took out a vindicator by stripping the side armour of 3 hulls points netting me First blood.

gallery_404_1264_625250.jpg

After his valiant action a storm thingy fired a melta and a twin lascannon and failing the jink save, the Nephilim suffered a pen hit of 5 thus crashing to the ground.

Some could say it was lackluster performance but gave me first blood and removed a threat to my terminators and dreadnoughts. My game plan was for the Nephilim take then a left turn and go after the opponents scoring units. With BS5 from strafing run I think the AMB, HB and missiles can be an asset vs infantry and AV11. I still have to try the twin lascannon, but I feell I gain more by having 5 BS5 S6 shots. I think the opponent saw it as a real threat because he gunned for him with his flyers instead of going after other targets. For my part, I consider it a job well done.

Great to hear of some success Chaplain :tu: It would certainly be great if we could get some more mini reports on the Nephilump, might even encourage peeps to spend some monies on the great looking thingie.

I may need to proxy one in for the fun of it at my next game 2nd March. Can't do better than that sorry. But I have nearly gotten an LSV painted up for a future challenge, I'm back on the horse. Pics in my blog as usual once it's done biggrin.png

My nephilim doubles as dark talon since I managed to not glue the weapons and made a hybrid of both structure wise. Looks more of Nephilim, but I don't liek the Dark Talon churchback going on, so the weapon systems are what defines the model to me.

I don't get many games in these days, but since I've set up a game on Sunday, we'll see how it goes...

I, CardinalVirtue of the First Legion vow to use the underdog unit Nephilim JetFighter in as many games as I can.

I have used it before and think it gets sort of a bad rep. Can't promise the game will be as pretty as Luci's though since I'm in the middle if redoing my army completely!

I, Captain Sox of the First Legion vow to use the underdog unit "The Nephilim Jet Fighter" in as many games as I can.

Please note in forthcoming photos that night fighting rules were in effect, so all the models and terrain appeared grey.... laugh.png

I'm a slow painter.

So I tried the nephillim I managed to take out the hell drake with 6 black strike missiles in turn 3 and took down a LR in turn 4 before having a deamon prince vector strike me to the ground

I could even accept that you didn't vow, but we need pictures nd a short Batrep.

Mini Bat-rep: 1750 vs Grey Knights (will highlight Nephilim's performance only)

My list:

Interrogator Chaplain in TDA with Mace of Redemption

Librarian Level 1

Deathwing Terminator Squad with Plasma Cannon

Venerable Dreadnought with Plasma Cannon

Tactical Squad 1: Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun Combi-Plasma

Tactical Squad 2: Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun

Ravenwing Support Squadron: 2 x Land Speeder Tornado with Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon

Nephilim Jet Fighter with Twin Linked Lascannon

Land Speeder Vengeance

1 Dev Squad: 3 Plasma Cannon, 1 Lascannon

1 Dev Squad: 3 Missile Launcher, 1 Lascannon

His list was (roughly)

2 Terminator Squads

2 Strike Squads

2 Psyfleman Dreads 

1 Storm Raven

1 Dreadknight

And an HQ or 2

Top of Turn 2 the Nephilm zoomed in and blasted one of the Dreadnoughts into oblivion with the lascannon. On the bottom of turn 2, his Stormraven came in to duel... the dogfight was on!

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/photo21_zpsd295b23c.jpg

His Multi Melta shot missed (yay 1's) and I jinked his Lascannon shot (Yay 6's). Top of turn 3, I took my shot at him, and glanced his Raven (boo 3's). I thought I would've brought it down, but that was not to be. Bottom of 3, his Raven managed a glance against my Nephilim. I tried once more to bring his Raven down in turn 4, and manged to get it on Locked Velocity... alas my Nephilim was shot down in the bottom of turn 4 and crashed and burned (killing a few of my Tacticals).

this was my first game using a flyer of any sorts... and it was a blast. I have 3 of these so I am set for large point games. My 180 Pt Nephilim killed his 120 pt Dread, and managed to take a few hull points of the Raven, which my Dev Squad with Libby finished off. 

A second one will come in handy next time! 

I think the Avenger Bolter has good potential. 7 Strength 6 shots (which includes the missiles) and the Heavy Bolter equal 10 shots per turn... something I'm looking forward to using next game. For this game the Nephilim had a specific role: Kill the Raven. the Mega Bolter with help of the missiles could potentially glance a dreadnought to death too. I'm looking forward to fielding 2. 

I was a bit disappointed that I didn't bring the raven down. Stupid 3 (on the lascannon roll) Come to think of it... I forgot to fire my missiles on the darn thing that game!

Bad bad Captain Sox....

Ok! Here we go. Yesterday had a 2k point game, 1k of Dark Angels and 1k of a friend's guard vs 2k of filthy Tau. My assembled force:

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae185/flamingdeth/40k/01E03CFC-F3DF-48CD-93A2-94F1BDD2576D-14779-00002777BBDDBCFC_zps3233023f.jpg

Company master with fist and storm bolter, command squad with banner, champion, apothecary and flamer in a rhino.

Two tactical squads, each set up with meltagun, multimelta, combimelta, and meltabombs in rhinos.

Typhoon speeder.

And, of course, a nephilim jet fighter.

List set up more for fluff than for effectiveness, otherwise the entire command unit would be something else entirely.

Guard had plasma CCS in a valk, MSU infantry platoon, and two vet squads with a gear loadout I don't remember. Oh, and a single armored sentinel with lascannon, and three autocannon scout sentinels. Tau had a gigantic suit bomb with both Shadowsun and Farsight, two pathfinder squads, three firewarrior squads with two fish, two hammerheads, and a bunch of kroot. Mission was relic, deployment was the long one, which was terrible for the imperial side. At least we went first. Deployed as far up as we could, since we had to rush before the railguns blew up our rides.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae185/flamingdeth/40k/3404F825-F7F3-4382-8CC4-DFE9035B09DB-14779-000027780CB54F01_zpsf053ac14.jpg

First turn had us rushing up and killing all of two fire warriors with the guards' heavy weapons. Rhinos all popped smoke. The pathfinders promptly lit up the rhinos and the hammerheads evaporated two of them, the command squad and a tac squad now on foot. Turn two the remaining rhino parked itself to block LoS to the relic, and the tac squad inside disembarked to take it. The Nephilim  made it on the board but because of the board layout could only get front arc on anything, and attempted to shoot a hammerhead, penning but only stunning it. The rest of the shooting also didn't do much, killing something like one firewarrior and two pathfinders. The filthy xenos responded by shooting ineffectively at just about everything. The pathfinders did light up the Nephilim resulting in a hit and a pen from a hammerhead, but a jink saved it from any damage.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae185/flamingdeth/40k/A94FA5B2-616D-4761-A740-5AA530D67426-14779-00002777DDFBC517_zps41af5522.jpg

At this point my miniature person woke up from a nap and I was unable to take any more pictures of the battlefield, but afterwards the imperium advanced and took out a bunch of stuff which made us think we were doing pretty good, then the other half of the Tau army made it on the board. The kroot went for linebreaker but barely survived the game, the suits were very annoying vaporized the command squad, the remaining rhino that the squad with the relic had reembarked on, and a few other things. Eventually they took out the squad with the relic, right before they went out of LoS behind another rhino wreck. If the game hadn't ended on turn 5 there platoon command squad in position to pick it up. Win for Tau by secondary objectives, which was fairly disappointing because we even had a troop unit in base contact with the relic at the end.

The Nephilim's total contribution was taking out a hammerhead, half a pathfinder squad, and taking a hull point off a devilfish. It could have done more with a more favorable deployment type, and I had made a tactical error in trying to snap fire after jinking instead of just flying back into reserves. It could have turned out worse though had he actually brought in anything with Skyfire, but he doesn't often play against flyers. And that's a wrap!

Overall it was average. I had the lascannon variant, since I wanted some more ranged antivehicle and for antiair purposes it's going to be more effective for killing the things that actually matter, but against Tau with no flyers and on front armor the lascannon is the only thing that could hurt them. Against guard or marines or orks or dark eldar or something that had a greater assortment of AV 10-12 stuff where the missiles could at least glance it would have been better, and if there were flyers it would have been the best thing on the board for dealing with them. There just weren't any optimal targets. Of the games I've played with it, this was easily the most underwhelming, even if it did make it out unscathed.

Archived