Only from the heart can you touch the sky.- Anon, M2

+++ ACCESSING LOG +++

+++ CREDENTIALS APPROVED +++

+++ [PICT CAPTURE T19/588-1Z-X21P] CLEITUS THE BLACK +++

gallery_15184_9158_28563.jpg

gallery_15184_9158_301478.jpg

I am the son of an angel.

I proudly wear the red, both the color of the blood of my
enemies and the sanguis vitae from my father. I am a child of Signus and I carry
with me the fury that rose from the ashes of that hell hole. I am the memory of
my brothers who were swept away in the treachery of that campaign. I am a part
of my legion's burning desire for retribution.

I see nothing but red.

+++

Titus was my tribal brother.

We became part of the angels together. No
matter the circumstances, we always seemed to end up with our backs to each
other, laughing through combat, eventually earning the respect of our squad
brothers and the nickname "Two Tears".

I saw him fall to the raking talons of something that should not exist.

Overcome, I threw down my bolter and lifted him up as his
life trickled away. I took up his weapon and continued pouring out the
purifying flames of our bloody wrath. When his flamer was empty, it became a
club, bludgeoning that which should not exist and sending them back where they
belong.

To this day, it remains in my hand.

+++

Today is the Angel's day.

The enemy has no idea what they have begun. They scream
and rail against the Emperor's walls, but in reality it is just noise. Subconsciously or not, they hesitate.

We stand as a Legion, united. We want them to try and take this place from us.

We can hardly wait.

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_15184_9158_6287.png

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender." - Gaius Maximus Churchill, M2

+++ ACCESSING LOG +++

+++ [PICT CAPTURE T5/003-4L-M099R] SIGISMUND'S REDOUBT +++

gallery_15184_9158_75616.jpg

+++

He said, "There will soon come a time when I will require from you an extraordinary duty."

I was...stunned.

I would not let the shame I felt deep in my heart to surface. My captain had only to ask and I would give my life for him.

As if reading my mind, he smiled and said, "I know you are faithful beyond a doubt. I know you are dependable. I know you bear hardship, responsibility, and perseverance like a second skin. A time is coming when I will need more."

And then he turned and walked away.

+++

As the commander of Sigismund's Redoubt, my sector's defense was built upon two execution plans.

The first was to hold individual strong points as long as possible. It was recognized that strong points and bastions would eventually
leak through a determined enemy. Roving squads behind the front line would monitor and set ambushes for those forces and eliminate them, re-establishing the line of battle.

When a strong point was no longer tenable, then the in situ forces would stage a fallback to the next defensive position, ensuring
that once in place, the enemy received enough return fire to cause them to consolidate forces for the next push.

At that point, a "Mallus" strike would occur.

While the enemy was consolidating, we would feed heavy Retribution assets to forward positions. Their goal was to physically destroy
the enemy's consolidation point, including those forces preparing to assault, with massive barrages. The resulting conflagration demolished the enemies cover, stole their initiative, and slowed down reinforcements rushing to the front. Executed correctly, even the most resolute attacks were faltering.

However, to no one's real surprise, timing was everything.

+++

"Are you ready? The time is now."

It was a simple question.

He didn't have to identify himself, though I could see his command icon on the vox net. I had been steeling myself for days. Given the current stage of events, it was only a matter of time.

"Where are you my Captain, I shall waste no time..."

My response was cut off by a dry chuckle. "I am standing on top of your turret. I need you to get me to the wall. Now."

I immediately looked up at the ceiling from my command throne as if I could actually see through nearly a meter of ceramite armor and
exclaimed, "I'll be right up..."

Again my response was cut off, this time sharply, "I don't need you up here, I need you in there to ensure I get to the wall. NOW!"

I looked at the pic screens. The path ahead was treacherous at best. The enemy could be seen bounding across streets, slaughtering all before them. In the dust shrouded distance, large dark shadows could be seen prowling. The tactical map did not register their ident codes, causing the codifier to key them threat level "DANGER-RED".

There was only one way this could go. I called out to the drive team, "Engage drive, prepare to advance on my order". Switching to the munitions net, I told the servitors to load a "Siege Penetrator" and be ready to fire upon my word. The sponson servitors received a simple set of instructions, "MOVEMENT = THREAT. PROSECUTE".

Satisfied, I keyed the external vox speakers and piped out one of my favorite battle marches, "Death's Unending Glory" whilst
exclaiming loudly for all to hear...

"Forward! For my captain, for Dorn, FOR THE EMPEROR!"

Gaius Maximus Churchill makes me laugh for some reason.

As I was typing this up, my mind just went blank when it came to putting something in front of "Churchill". I tried Praetor and Consul, but they just didn't flow. Eventually, a little "Gladiator" leaked out and...here we are. :)

I've finally settled on the scheme for my Stormsword, so I can start on the construction. Hopefully FWs Sigismund sculpt might show up by summer time and our local group can do a historical re-enactment of Sigismund's ride to the wall with sound effects. :)

I love everything about that last post. 

War Pigs - my chosen theme for painting and playing my MM. (I prefer Sabbath though! :p)

Stormsword - unbridled destruction.

Imperial FIsts - Resolute in death, firm in justice. 

I enjoy dropping in on this blog, I look forward to seeing more! 

Tyrax, which version do you like of Sabbath's War pigs though? The one that gets radio play off the paranoid album, or the original demo version?

Honda, I am very excited for this redoubt- when can we expect an update?

Honda, I am very excited for this redoubt- when can we expect an update?

Construction has begun. All things being equal, as soon as Texas exits the Pleistocene, I would start painting because I'm kind of jazzed about the scheme I came up with.

However, ETL is...out there...so I'm in the construction phase, waiting to see what the good Captain has in store for us. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_15184_9158_68049.png

“Move swift as the Wind and closely-formed as the Wood. Attack like the Fire and be still as the Mountain.” - S. Tzu, M1

http://youtu.be/5UWRypqz5-o

+++ ACCESSING LOG +++

+++ [PICT CAPTURE Q1/NW9-2C-V11A] Tömörbaatar +++

gallery_15184_9158_23179.jpg

gallery_15184_9158_551142.jpg

gallery_15184_9158_31052.jpg

gallery_15184_9158_553114.jpg

Curse this place!

It is not for the People of the Steppes to belong. Where
are the plains, the forever sky, the never ending horizon?

Where can a man set his yurt and stare up into the night
and see the god's eyes?

+++

Tömörbaatar's tribe had produced hunters for the Allfather
since the day the sun touched the ground.

Since that time, his tribe was honor bound to the Great
Father Who Is The Sun. They would chase His prey, riding them down as they
paused to catch a breath, exhausted. They would stand there gasping for air
that would not come, hoping that this small space might provide a respite so
that their thundering hearts might forestall failure.

His ululating war cry would dash that hope under the wheels
of his mount.

Then he would come, see them staggering in the dust, eyes
wide like a cornered deer, broken. In a brief second, they would understand the
power of the wind... just before he took his trophy.

+++

There.

Guide me brother, for it is his time.

I send lightning in your name.

+++

This was the one from the tribe that hid behind their iron. The one who thought that honor
could come from metal. How foolish to think that iron could save you from a
child of the wind.

Did you not know, metal comes from the earth, but it is
such a small part. Metal has no wind in it, it cannot seek the sun. Its
strength is a lie, for the horizon will always be beyond its grasp.

Now you are done. Your metal shall return to the earth
and no longer will you ignore the sky. You should have remembered that the sky
sits over the earth.

Now, I shall carry a part of your metal with me so that you
will know your own great folly.

My brother, may your spirits rest peacefully between the
wings of the sky. You are free to seek the sun and to run with the wind
forever. Be at peace now.

You have been avenged.

Thanx for the props. I wasn't sure if I got a little carried away on the bike or not. I envisioned him as sort of a scout outrider, so it seemed like he'd need stuff on his bike to sustain long scouting efforts, plus I wanted him to be able to raise some havoc.

For some reason, I kept thinking about Heathens "duel" and then a light went off and from there the stream of consciousness just started going. I started off with just wanting to arm him with a sniper rifle because that seemed like a cool thing for a biker to carry, then I thought, "Ooh, what if he was hunting somebody?", then it was..."Hmm, he could be hunting Heathens guy", then I had to find an appropriate head (which I didn't have, so I made one) and so here we are. :)

And finally of course, there was the "Ooh, what about a grenade launcher?" lol

The most important thing was that Brother One-eye has been avenged.

Very nice, the conversions are looking very cool and the addition of the music quotes is a cool idea. Sometimes a song will pop in mind when I'm working on a guy as well, it's cool when a model can invoke that kind of thought!

haha.. hunting Heathen .. nice .. 

Archived