++ AUGUSTUS b'RAASS ++ pre-heresy BRASS SCORPION p.247

We all did a thing! YAY!

This right here is why I post a lot of WIP pics (and I work really slow) because a lot of the time getting other eyes on your work will invariably improve the end result. I'm glad you were able to take the criticism of many folks in the constructive way it was offered and I am feel honored to share in its name. :D

@ teku: What beers didn't we drink? lol. Off the top of my head - which now functions again, we started Friday with an IPA from Brand, then had one each of Natte and Flink of the Amsterdam brewery 't IJ, then one each of Affligem Blond, La Chouffe, Westvleteren (I know a guy :yes:), Westmalle, Delirium Tremens, and finally a Rochefort 8. Saturday saw a much more limited palette, with four Steenbrugge Blondes and four (or five?) Zatte beers from Brewery 't IJ. Back home we topped the evening off with a Chimay Blue.  Pretty good score, don't you think?

Don't see Duvel on this list so ;) None the less nice list of beers! No wonder you got a bit of a hangover!

Think its an average Belgian beer drinking. Unless I know to much beer drinkers.

Love the Bloodthirster! Great work!

The thirster looks great. The brass/gold really stands out against the black; making the rune really pop and the blood on the blades has a great sense of realism.

Wow that Bloodthirster looks phenomenal! The brilliance of the sculpted muscles look even better painted up! While your kitbashing is always brilliant, these major conversions really knock it out of the park! Definitely looking forward to your next project!

Wow, everyone! Thanks for the many, many replies! I'm very glad to see the custom Bloodthirster as popular as that! Many of you have requested comparison shots between him and his brothers. And you know, your wish is my command :wink:

Here he is next to his younger brother, showing you how much taller he is compared to the original metal 'Thirster. I believe we can all agree that any doubt of him coming off as a 'Baby Bloodthirster' are dispelled by this picture. :biggrin.:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps0u0qvboc.jpg

And of course he has a bigger brother - who is not as much bigger as I bet you thought he would be. Really it's mostly the wings that make up most of the height of the plastic Bloothrister. 
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zps6ge3z9sy.jpg

Anyway, now that I think of it, I might as well go and make a family picture of all three - provided they fit in my light box!

Cheers!

Replies!

@ Sagentus: I hope it works for you, buddy! Good luck with it, and glad to see you join the Arena!

@ Mechanist: Yeah the helbrute pads were tdefinitely the way to go! 

@ BubblesMcBub: Cheers! THere you go  :)

@ Malcharion: That is very high praise from a hobby talent as you. You have talent similar to mine, and then some - be sure of it. But thanks, anyway!

@ Race Bannon: Really what's your fixation on carry cases? You realize these miniatures have a pretty flat plane, don't you? I can just lie him on his back and he'll stay that way. And because I construct everything with transport in mind, I'm sure he will not break. ;)

@ KrautSCientist: Yeah the skin colour is very comparable to that one. I did a bit more highlighting on him, so he appears slightly lighter. Your Tampert joke made me giggle, btw. LOL!!! Next time, you'l definitely see him in the flesh, though :D

@ rednekkboss: Cheers, buddy. I'm happy you like him. You're an inspiration to me, so thanks for that too. :tu:

@ Brother Pheidias: Which one? SHOW MEEEE!!!

@ sockwithaticket: Aw man! Thanks! High praise from a skilled hobbyist such as yourself!

@ Kierdale: INDEED! I did make some heretic strip joint posters for my terrain featuring a Slaanesh symbol though. Care to see it?

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Thanks you! He'll see action today!

@ Brother Chaplain Kage: Yeah I can totally see how that adds to the overall end result. I did the same with First Claw, two years ago, and they are still a pride addition to my collection. 

@ Brother Aiwass: Hahahaha Heroquest Gargoyle. I so get what you're saying! lol!

@ helterskelter: Indeed he is! The skin is painted using Duncan's painting tutorial from Warhammer TV. :)

@ The Traitor: Ah but the black is actually stripy - perhaps we cannot see it well enough, but I promise it's rich black.

@ Checkmate: Thanks you, mate. ;)

@ teku: No Duvel. Duvel is a devil's drink. Far too sour for my taste. Incidentally, would you care to get your signature in line with forum rules? I sent you a PM about it, but perhaps you missed it. Thanks for the compliment, though!!

@ Pearson73: Yeah Retributor Gold and Silver make a great combination!

@ Vairocanum: Cheers! I'm afraid the next project will be slightly less adventurous, but after that, I believe I'm converting a Daemon Prince!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Compared with the others, even though a middle child, I think the newest is the best.  They're all great :tu:

The carry case thing is a slight fascination for me because we always see the model(s) but not choices to move them around. 

In the end, I make such comments here, and other places, in jest.  I'm the only one I see making such "jokes" and in hindsight I may be the only one who finds it humorous.

Not gonna lie, I had my doubts about this fella.... But now that I see him all painted up, I must say I was completely taken by surprise. He looks solid, man. Only problem I have is his clown-shoe sized hooves, but maybe that's just me. He looks ace regardless, bro. :cool.:

Cheers, guys!

@ Sagentus: Thanks for that, mate! I'm still amazed how well he turned out - and I couldn't have done it without your added support and feedback. Thanks!

@ Race Bannon: Oh there's nothing wrong with laughing about your own jokes! And I know you're jesting! I guess I should have put a :p next to it. Also, today I transported my bloodcrushers, and two swords broke! NOOOOOOO so there ya go... 

@ Noctus Cornix: Well, I'm glad I partially proved you wrong ;) And he does have large hooves, but IMO not so large that they look ridiculous. If anything, I think they would aid him in keeping his footing swinging that enormous axe around!

@ Mechanist: Dude, totally go for it, and let me know when you start: I will absolutely help you with the process like you have with mine. :tu:

@ KrautScientist: I shall, thanks! :D

Thanks, Pearson :) Here's a final picture of all three of my Bloodthristers. Thankfully, they all fitted in my lightbox :tu:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpseb61tihv.jpg

In other new, I started with something KrautScientist gave me as a return gift for my buying him the Index Chaos Apocrypha book a couple moths back: a blood Throne of Khorne. Quite appropriate, considering our mutual favourite chaos god, don't you think?

It's pretty insane though how intricate the build of this thing is. The picture shows all the different sub-assemblies, which are necessary as you just cannot reach all areas with a brush if you build it completely. I painted the fleshy parts first, and have covered that with poster buddy as a masking for the inevitable red. :)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/WP_20170629_001_zpsczoxyyzj.jpg

Stay tuned, as tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to finish it. :)

Those three are looking fantastic, buddy! :)

Considering the outrageous price for the only available Bloodthirster, I really thought it would have been bigger in comparison to the old metal ones. 

In all fairness, it is. Augustus has done a fantastic job disguising the difference in height via elevated bases and his other conversions, but at the end of the day, the new plastic Bloodthirster is not only - a bit - taller, but also quite a bit bulkier. Is it a spectacular difference? Maybe not at first glance. But the new 'Thirster looks like it could give an Imperial Knight quite a headache in close combat. The old version? Not so much.

I've just spent the last 3 hours going through this from beginning to end, Augustus. All your models are incredible! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, it's inspirational on many levels!

As an aside, a couple of months ago you posted an imperial fists terminator chaplain recast. Something I've been dying to get my hands on! Any links to the guy that produced him? Unless of course that's breaking forum rules, in which case feel free to send me on my way!

And after scrolling through 3 years of models from you, I have to say I love your Fists captain, Khornate contempor, night lords Contemptor-captain, and Fists leviathan. They're all my favourite of your bunch!

The August Arena event has started! Please check it out here, and join the fun!

I finished the Blood Throne I was gifted by KrautScientist, last week. What a strange model to paint and to construct. To properly paint it, one needs to completely deconstruct it, it seems! Anyway, It's REALLY good in the game, and as I bought a Khornate Daemons deal box about a year ago, I'm totally building another! I will be magnetizing the sword arms for the second one, because honestly it will be a PITA to transport the thing without breaking anything...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsbjjt2ixf.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsd5twohot.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpshayqvctz.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsxyt1ruge.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/World%20Eaters/temporary_zpsplkh0f8i.jpg

Hope you like!

Replies:

@ BCK: Yeah it's pretty expensive. I think 'our' metal alternative is much better.

@ KrautScientist: Meh, I'm not sure. I think the new BT would be a far easier target for that bulky chainsword of the Knight. The metal one could sneak on top and crack open that thin upper armour! ;)

@ K0nahrik: Cheers, buddy! I'm always very glad to hear people going through the entire thread and being inspired by it. Thanks for letting me know, and please visit again! About the LE Terminator Chaplain: by now, I'm sure every chinese recaster in, well, China, has gotten its hands on the miniature, so I'm sure you'll find a seller. :) Also: you seem to be a fellow contemptor fan! :)

@ hushrong: Thanks, mate. And also: thanks for your part in making this miniature the best it could be, by my hands. Your feedback was very valuable!

Excellent work on the chariot, mate! That was some well-spent money right there ;)

I also have to say I prefer your red Bloodletters to your black Bloodletters by far -- in fact, in a cabinet filled to the brim with utterly amazing models, the black skin on some of the Bloodletters seemed like the only slightly dubious choice ;)

Oh I completely agree. The only reason why I chose black for some of the bloodletters was to differentiate them from their red-armoured juggernauts, and by extension to give those bloodcrusher-letters some foot-slogging kin. With the above chariot, I have proven to myself that it is possible to combine a dark- brownish red for armour, and a vibrant red for skin. So that's how I will do my Bloodcrushers, and I will repaint (and rebase) all thirty bloodletters I have already painted. :D