Psychopomps (photos before farewell!)

Kierdale

• 2 years later...

I don’t play Warhammer these days so have been selling off unmade kits and some of my painted stuff too, recently.

The Psychopomps are steadily going to new homes. 

In a way it’s a bit sad, but I also like to think they’ll be fighting battles (hopefully more than they did under my command) far and wide for a long time.

Feels a bit like Toy Story 3:biggrin:

It was also a chance to get some good photos of them.

Those who have already gone:

7DF4C019-87D7-47B3-A4B5-DC5F76019BBD.jpeg

D89F9237-4249-47F6-AAAC-844B00BA9114.jpeg

Thank you, Sitnam. I appreciate it.

I still make models (I play BattleTech and StarGrave - the latter with Warhammer and other models) but my Warhammer armies are just taking up space, and in a Tokyo apartment there isn’t much space!

I need that space for other stuff (= new models) and if I can get a bit of cash for my older models…nice.

I don’t know if conversion beamer rapiers are still rules-legal but it’s now on the market. 

E84A327F-6F9D-43D3-8D41-1E64DE9BEDA3.jpeg

75E9E18C-FCD1-411A-BD9C-00A3D77E02F5.jpeg

Wow, these pictures are a real blast from the past for me - when I first joined, you were winding down your work on this army, but it still proved a big inspiration for my own conversions.  Having lived in Japan myself (I was in Fujisawa for 19 months, 24 years ago - I painted some of my very first 40K minis there), I can understand how space is at a premium. Still, even knowing they need to go, finding good homes for them and (hopefully) getting decent prices, I imagine its at best a bittersweet experience.

Don't remember seeing those but remember the warband name.

Sad to see you parting ways with them, but if it means funding and space for new projects then it's a good thing. I'm sure your buyer(s) will get enjoyment from them.

Thanks for the comments!

So far I’ve sold:

20 noise marines 

5 havocs

20 Slaangor cultists

5 raptors 

and the Iron Warriors TDA lord

…and been getting some very nice comments and feedback from buyers (one didn’t know whether to use the unit in a game or put them

in an art gallery! :biggrin:)

That’s all good as potential buyers will check.

It seems I have a unit of 11 daemonettes of one style and 14 of another, so I searched my bitz box and found I can expand them to 18 and 19 respectively. Not sure what happened to the other three (used for conversions, no doubt). I’m making these extras now as I figure 18 and 19 will sell better than 11 and 14. 20 and 20 would’ve been better! Oh well.

I’ll probably paint up my second raptor squad too.

7 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Could probably make enough to sell three squads. 10-10-5/5. That way you won't have too many unbuilt ones floating around. 

It's been great to see these models again. 

My God, Roland, you’re right! I can use the power of math and make three squads! :biggrin:

I honestly hadn’t realised. Feel stupid now.

That’ll give me a third squad and a handful of spare bits I can use for other stuff.

It’s been nice getting them out of their storage boxes and photographing them. I haven’t touched most of them in years. I’m glad if others are enjoying seeing them again too:smile:

Daemonettes are cool and all but whoever bought those raptors is probably lying awake every night wondering if you're ever gonna list another squad or if he should just buy those cultists and maybe that jump pack lord and ask if people are cool with running it as Haarken so you should probably paint the raptors up first, and hey, why not show them off here when they're done along with the exact time and date you plan to put them up on merca- I mean Japanese eBay or whatever they have over there I dunno just a thought

I’ll do the plasma Raptors after the Daemonettes. It’s weird…I’m enjoying making Warhammer models again. Perhaps it’s because I know they won’t be finished and then put away in a box, rarely to see combat!:biggrin: 

The cloaked cultists (and some Bullgors I did for AoS) went today.

And yes, I’m selling them on Mericari.

3C353F8F-86F7-4FE0-B83B-722300BF1B47.jpeg

4266E304-DF28-46FC-8D09-DE6A6296DADC.jpeg

6ECD6678-43A5-45A8-AD2B-C8DE0296E3D3.jpeg

B5C56EBB-76DC-41E5-A752-BB4B50450E23.jpeg

B7F565B3-B7E6-4E29-A225-FA12178EAEC5.jpeg

915B6F89-7521-4F53-AABE-6571BBAE4B1B.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Kierdale said:

I’ll do the plasma Raptors after the Daemonettes. It’s weird…I’m enjoying making Warhammer models again. Perhaps it’s because I know they won’t be finished and then put away in a box, rarely to see combat!:biggrin:

None of your work belongs in a box unless that box is made of glass, encircled by a velvet rope, and under the watchful eye of at least one security guard with a military past that he's still not allowed to talk about.

Those cultists are gorgeous by the way, I only held off because apartments ain't any bigger in Osaka than they are in Tokyo and I'm trying not to buy more of anything of which I already have a full-sized unit.

I just realised what you meant before!:biggrin:

Thank you so much!

Okay, I’ll let you know when the plasma Raptors are done. And consider them bumped up to the top of the queue!

GW having changed the rules is irritating from a selling POV. No more biker or jump-pack lords or sorcerers, etc. I hope someone can use my jump pack Lord as Haarken.

And you’re in Osaka? Osaka’s a great place! 

45 minutes ago, Kierdale said:

GW having changed the rules is irritating from a selling POV. No more biker or jump-pack lords or sorcerers, etc.

Yeah, the loss of jump pack lords in particular was a sad day for the traitor legions, although to be fair the official model was ugly as sin.

The wings on your guy are fantastic, and is that eidolon's jetpack or something you cooked up yourself?

49 minutes ago, Kierdale said:

Okay, I’ll let you know when the plasma Raptors are done. And consider them bumped up to the top of the queue!

Now that's the kind of customer service you just don't see these days! Haha. No need to deny the local Daemons players on my account, but if you do happen to finish them up first you know I'll be there to snap 'em up.

The jump-pack lord’s predominately the Blood Angels jump pack chaplain actually. When it came out I knew I had to desecrate it!:devil:

I’ll send him soon. Just finishing my tako-less takoyaki.

6F24134F-23AB-4655-9CC0-20B89E3E5D96.jpeg

D269EF96-E6FC-4BE7-A24D-773002898D98.jpeg

62553543-6DEF-4F4F-9CAB-32BED0368DFA.jpeg

Edited by Kierdale