Imperial Knight Final WIP: Damage Control

Nusquam

Thanks all! I'm going with the half-helm, I love the crazy-eye look so I took the best of both worlds.

jawdrop.gif

uh yeah, i'll take 3.

nonono, scratch that, i'll have 7 and a custom warhound. thanks.

tongue.png

jk, seriously though, i'm jealous. happy.png

If you're the one funding it, I'll paint it haha. I currently have plans fr at least two more knights. Debating if I want to use the Leviathan Crusader 15mm. I know it's a bit smaller, but I think I can make it work... I want a personal guard/retinue for this guy. Having maulerfiend "pets" would be cool too... I pick up the codex tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that.

Outstanding work.

Really, really beautiful!

What kind of final pose are you thinking about? Or will you keep the arms positionable too? (Is that possible?)

Thank ye! I'm keeping the arms posable. They rotate at the shoulder and the elbows move. This  will help me hit targets on the table top without having ti wield the giant surfboard base.

Thanks all! I'm going with the half-helm, I love the crazy-eye look so I took the best of both worlds.

jawdrop.gif

uh yeah, i'll take 3.

nonono, scratch that, i'll have 7 and a custom warhound. thanks.

tongue.png

jk, seriously though, i'm jealous. happy.png

If you're the one funding it, I'll paint it haha. I currently have plans fr at least two more knights. Debating if I want to use the Leviathan Crusader 15mm. I know it's a bit smaller, but I think I can make it work... I want a personal guard/retinue for this guy. Having maulerfiend "pets" would be cool too... I pick up the codex tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that.

hehe, you insinuate that i, as an American teen, actually have money! that's hilarious!!!tongue.png

(i'd be lucky enough to get one by the time i'm 18, just sayin')

i'll wish in one hand and reap the emperor's toll in the other, and we'll see who gets to please the dark gods that are the Games-workshop marketing team!

keep it up the astounding work, loving the detail and excellent freehand!

oh yeah, and maulerfiend pets? YES PLEASE, so long as they have a few aquilas strapped to them somewhere, of course

Thank ye!

I'll just use them in apocalypse games ha. I can't decide if I want to use lizardmen dino models or maulerfiends... but thats far out in the future...

woe befall any xeno or traitor that must go to the fields of war against a mighty warrior such as this!

it's beautifully done, and painted extremely well! have you thought of applying for a job at GW as one of those master modellers?

seriously, so many of you guys on this forum could make good money off this kind of thing!

Thanks all!

Looking pretty dang spiffy Nusquam, posting some bigger pictures might help though- rather than having to open them in new tabs to see this beast in all its glory.

Oohh good catch. I started C/P them from my blog for speed, didn't realize it made them open in another window. Will do in the future!

woe befall any xeno or traitor that must go to the fields of war against a mighty warrior such as this!

it's beautifully done, and painted extremely well! have you thought of applying for a job at GW as one of those master modellers?

seriously, so many of you guys on this forum could make good money off this kind of thing!

Indeed! And thank you! That would be the life...

Looking very good there!

Now I just have to figure out a way to filed one of those...maybe the new IG will suddenly turn traitor with a little "help" from Alpha Legion? devil.gif

Looking very good there!

Now I just have to figure out a way to filed one of those...maybe the new IG will suddenly turn traitor with a little "help" from Alpha Legion? devil.gif

Thank ye and do it up! You can take a Knight Detachment alongside normal allies so I believe you can do IG, ally CSM and then a Knight (or three ha).

Besides the amazing paint on this thing, two other nifty little details are flooring me: the added grill plate to the head, and the banner slung under the Battle Cannon. Two subtle changes, but man do they go far! Must. Resist. Buying a knight. *switches browser to Forgeworld.com*

So I applied a bit too much micro sol and it ate the paint on the shield and I tore the skull and aquilla... blarg... I painted it as battle
damaged so I can play it at least. Well until I get new transfers this will be the final WIP shot until the completed photo shoot.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kwc-bRBWFu0/Ux-japdpQOI/AAAAAAAAAqY/bhGC8f1KFaI/s1600/color.jpg

Love this knight. Great job on painting it, love those colors..

Now i really wish i would have seen this before i put my legs on. That is truely an awsome pose. U have great legs.

Thanks *blushes* ha

Awesome looking model Nusquam, really like the re-posing on the legs and I have to say he makes a fitting moderator pic for you as well (Definitely feeling the overlord vibe msn-wink.gif ).

Ha thanks, every time I look at it I think of a joke my friend made when we first saw close ups of the Knights: "Does this look like the face of mercy to you?" XD

• 2 months later...

Archived