"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

One of the things I love about blogging here and on my own is the interaction which helps shape things. Reading back through the tweaks made as conversation flowed between Midnight, Bio and Kraut and the changes that grew from it. It was really cool to see.

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for the reply guys and the continued interest :smile.: RE the Khorne Lord, that is a great idea with the chains, I do have some FW ones knocking about somewhere to have a go, can't promise that I will be as successful as yours though! As for his name, he goes by the name of Khargor Bane, Fell Reaver of Makan and all round angry dude. For now however, somethings getting painted......

ETL UPDATE No1

I, Midnight Runner; Despot of the Black Legion, Fell Reaver of Makan and Lord of the Black Harbingers, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX and vow in the name of the Warmaster to complete 7 off Chosen from Codex Black Legion Supplement baring the Mark of Khorne, Veterans of the Long War, with a Power Sword, Powerfist, Plasmagun and Icon of Wrath for a total 229pts on or before 15th August 2016. Success will bring forth eternal glory to the Legion and the forums of Chaos; failure however will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year's end.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_47.jpeg

As if you haven't noticed, it is that time of year again! As ever, a modest vow for myself which will hopefully be the first one, not the only. I just don't get the hobby time any more. I have pledged my Chosen from waaaaaay back on the first page of this very log; I really am that lax with painting. Sick of them taunting me everytime I opened my carry case after my failed Call of Chaos nearly two years ago, I thought it was high time to get them done. Seven left without paint on, I will also finish the three that are almost done but too far along to enter the competition. So far I have only painted the trim (there is lots of it), but the work has begun -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_48.jpeg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_49.jpeg

As you can see, just the trim so far and the magnetized bits are missing, but it is a start. In the words of the Legion; "WE ARE RETURNED!!!"

Edited by Midnight Runner

Thanks Dragon; I wish I could be as productive as some of you guys! If I get these done then I am going to do a Land Raider or the Warmaster himself as they are nicely point heavy :wink: but not going to get ahead of myself, these gys are barely started but it is nice to see a bit of colour o them after so long.

Thanks very much for the positive comments deathspectre and Flint both. Still early days yet but I have painted the soft armour parts and applied some chipping with a sponge. Fun bits ahoy now!

RE the posing; both the my own Chosen and with the Berzerkers, I have tried to make them in keeping with the DV aesthetic using many of theirs and raptor parts combined. The idea is that *when* a new CSM kit comes out hopefully next year, it should integrate quite well. Maybe.

ETL UPDATE No2

Hey guys and gals, double post but got a bit more done on the squad; they are all up to this stage now -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_50.jpeg

Got to hit the details now, but back in work tonight so I guess that is it for a few days. Nevertheless, the Hounds of Abaddon have progressed!

• 1 month later...

ETL UPDATE No3

Sheesh! I know some of you have painted bucket upon bucket loads of points, and here is me struggling to get to 200-odd, but here is an update nevertheless:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_52.jpeg

What do you mean it's more dudes than I vowed? Erm, yep. It's also the remaining squad members as I now have them all up to the same point so I am also painting them adjacent to my vow. My unfortunate lack of time on the brush means I am going to struggle even to meet the closing date, yet I will battle on in the name of Khorne and the Warmaster!! :D

Thanks man, I am looking forward to getting them done, if I am honest they are quite a chore as the level of detail is up there with characters. My own fault for using them as line troops I guess! Being line troops it is important that they get done.

I love the models, love the DV style however B)

I sense I am about to feel your pain, having had to use some of them in my Rapier crews. Ah well, they'll look sweet as.

Remember if all else fails leave the non-vow dudes behind and finish them later. Good luck! They look awesome btw.

Dragonlover

• 2 weeks later...

ETL UPDATE No4

Many thanks guys, still plugging away!!

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_53.jpeg

As Kraut says, I have picked the hardest way to 200odd pts this side of a Zombie horde. They're all at this stage now, spikes and horns to finish, then details like the bare heads, power/plasma weapons and the protruding bones on the Chosen with the axe. So getting there :)

Edited by Midnight Runner

They are reposed Raptor legs (such a great kit) as is the head, torso is Berzerker and the pauldron sate DV Chosen :)

I am hoping my dudes will mesh well with any new kit GW bring out, if not I am screwed and doomed to building out of the DV Chosen forever more!

Not too bad really, a cut to the groin can normally do the trick and they can be reposed as walking rather than running, or perched on a rock (or loyalist helmet as above). The exception was Urkanthos* on his Jugger, where I had to sculpt a new knee pad to get him to sit right.

Also, a lot of the lightning bolts can be shaven down with a sharp knife.

*Yes, I have swapped to the new spelling as per the new Black Legion supplement :biggrin.: