"……by my hands shall the false Emperor fall"

As Kraut says, I have picked the hardest way to 200odd pts this side of a Zombie horde. They're all at this stage now, spikes and horns to finish, then details like the bare heads, power/plasma weapons and the protruding bones on the Chosen with the axe. So getting there :smile.:

Well, if it's any consolation, the results so far certainly seem to justify the extra work, as those guys are looking delicious! My only, very minor, nitpick is that I think the blue eyes I believe you had on your Urkrathos conversion (sticking with the old spelling for now, as it just seems like a terrible and pointless retcon to me) looked even cooler.

Hang in there now! We need your guys in the gunline to squash those pesky AoD armchair historians ;)

Cheers guys, glad you like. I know it seems like a slog and I am moaning, but now I am onto the fun stuff (ie finished all them damn teeth!) then hopefully should be more productive with my little bit of hobby time I can grab.

@ Kraut - totally know what you mean about the blue eyes, one of my fave things about Urkrathos. Kinda makes him a bit more special dontcha think? In all honesty if you compare my Chosen to my bikers I think that I could do with making the orange stronger. Post ETL perhaps! I want to stick with the orange/yellow to tie in with the power weapons/plasma coils/Khorne Daemons I have planned, with the likes of Abaddon, Urkrathos' eyes and psychic effects using the ice blue. That's the idea anyway.......

Duuuude!!!! I missed all this!!! Man they look slick, I'm loving the red faces and the grey loincloths, that's ace. They're well worth the time you're putting into them. Hopefully won't be long now until GW comes to the party. This is the only time I have been tempted to convert the Warp Talons into something acceptable. You're a mad fool to attempt to convert the DV chosen, in the mad genius kind of way. ;) I think I've murdered 3 sets with only paint, lest my blade!

Anyway they look wicked man! What are you planning for the bases? (Sorry if I missed this)

(Well I've seen the thread before but I missed the ETL updates)

Ha, ha thanks Jim :D I love the DV Chosen; a lot can be done with them but unfortunately it does take quite a bit of effort and bloody fingers! At least Khorne is happy.....

The bases aren't anything special, just some gravel with clumps of grass and bits of battlefield debris. I did a paint again last night too, horns and bones. Here is the icon bearer as he stands -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_54.jpeg

Nearly there now :) but wait, no icon? Yep magnetized ftw.

Thanks once again for the kind words guys, get there in the end :D

ETL VOW COMPLETE

I, Midnight Runner; Despot of the Black Legion, Fell Reaver of Makan and Lord of the Black Harbingers, rise to the challenge of the E TENEBRAE LUX and vow in the name of the Warmaster to complete 7 off Chosen from Codex Black Legion Supplement baring the Mark of Khorne, Veterans of the Long War, with a Power Sword, Powerfist, Plasmagun and Icon of Wrath for a total 229pts on or before 15th August 2016. Success will bring forth eternal glory to the Legion and the forums of Chaos; failure however will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until year's end.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_47.jpeg

Complete!!

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_56.jpeg

Still need to apply weathering powder , decals and a few touch ups here and there, but for the purposes of the ETL I am calling it :D Fairly happy with them, it has been a slog at times but they look good as a group. There are a few more dudes completed to this standard too not part of the ETL I will add them to the thread once the weathering is done :tu:

Faves:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_57.jpeg

Cheers B)

@ Mr Yak - sorry bud no updates there for a bit, they will return though have no fear! Or maybe, you should fear them......

Those Chosen are incredible! Excellent visual coherency, and both the blood on the banner and the power sword on the champ really draw the eye. Fantastic stuff!

...the bases are a disgrace, though ;)

But seriously, it's really great how you pulled through, not cutting any corners on the models' paintjobs! Excellent!

.....but, but....those bases are a work of art ;)

Thank you all, I am pleased with how they have turned out, especially the orange and yellow glowy bits and especially from tabletop distance as it contrasts against the dark armour. Need weathering though!

• 2 weeks later...

In a break from painting, I have reworked my Urkanthos on foot conversion, so as to make him a little more 'imposing' Still pretty far from done but....quick snaps before I headed out to work :tu:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_59.jpeg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_62.jpeg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_61.jpeg

The chaos 'hero rock' works quite well on the 32mm base imho. Happy with the new pose, I still need to add a few things here and there, like the Termi Sorcerer staff head to his backpack as a sort of icon, it looks very Black Legionary, as the Lord Purgator should ofc :D and perhaps a couple of trophies, pouches etc.

C&C welcomed!

Did you do a tutorial on how you made the press moulds for the pads? Cause that's my next stage for my Black Legion and I've never done it before. Unless, of course, you're only moulding the fronts. That sounds a lot easier.

Dragonlover

Thanks guys, glad you like. With Khârn coming out I wanted to improve him slightly; they are going to be tag team partners in my fabled Spartan that still sits in bits in the bottom of my wardrobe!

@ Dragonlover - I have neve done a tutorial for this, as my results aren't particularly as good as others. I just use GW branded greenstuff in magicmold instant mold, ensuring the whole pad face goes in the mold. I kind of hollow it out before it dries/as I cast it so it fits the shoulder.

@ DS - whatever dude, you have them parts ready to start your own band of traitors! Come out of the closet and join us!!! :D

@ Bio - Pretty much, I scalped him, added the horns from Krannon and GS'd the gaps. I still need to add some plugs as per my Jugger version. Scars will get painted :)

@ Bro Jim - I like playing the guy in our campaigns, I play him mighty but not humble. Mighty 'angry' actually lol

The axe btw is magnetized and straight of his Jugger version. Chop, chop!

Glad you like the Chosen Venom, I too am happy with the sword, and with them in general. I still haven't painted the Legion Eye of Horus yet, I may puss out and try transfers.

Cheers for the comment on Mr Urkanthos too, I may try out a different axe on him or even that sword. Yay magnets!

Glad you like the Chosen Venom, I too am happy with the sword, and with them in general. I still haven't painted the Legion Eye of Horus yet, I may puss out and try transfers.

Cheers for the comment on Mr Urkanthos too, I may try out a different axe on him or even that sword. Yay magnets!

Sounds cool. He's bound to have multiple weapons at his disposal. 

"Slave, pull really hard on my pauldron and remove my axe arm. Other slave, attach my sword arm."

Edited by Venomlust

Sounds cool. He's bound to have multiple weapons at his disposal.

"Slave, pull really hard on my pauldron and remove my axe arm. Other slave, attach my sword arm."

loooool that actually sounds what Firefist would say in the Black Legion novels.....you have totally proved they are the same guy!

@ Kraut - I do think that would improve him, I think I may try my hand at sculpting one to match the cloak as I don't have one in my bitz box to match, and I can't think of any out there. And sorry it URKANTHOS now, even my predictive spelling on my phone agrees. Although I prefer Urkrathos, I like to keep current and if you say it enough it doesn't seem so bad. Actually, they are both a mouthful......

Cheers!

Edited by Midnight Runner