codex crimson slaughter.... yup, GW really hates us.

So I just noticed that most (nearly all) of the pictures of Chaos Space Marines on GW's website now feature marines and vehicles in the colour-scheme of Crimson Slaughter.

What the h*ll is going on?

It's their switch from Black Legion to Crimson SLaughter as a poster-boy army.

Well I guess it was inevitable. You can't be the 'big bad guy' of a sci-fi setting forever if you loose every fight. (Black Legion, loosing with style since M31?)

RIP Black Legion, 1987-2014 / M31-M41.

All hail the new posterboys!

Oh, I thought Sigil was a one per army item. Thanks for correcting me!

*runs off to give out more Sigils to his army*

Well, you can only give them to Chaos Lords and Chaos Sorcerers anyway (Dark Apostles have them by default, Daemon Princes and Warpsmiths can't take them at all.), so I don't really think this will change your listbuilding that much.

Oh, I thought Sigil was a one per army item. Thanks for correcting me!

*runs off to give out more Sigils to his army*

Well, you can only give them to Chaos Lords and Chaos Sorcerers anyway (Dark Apostles have them by default, Daemon Princes and Warpsmiths can't take them at all.), so I don't really think this will change your listbuilding that much.

True, but my Sorcerer only had the Aura, so now with Sigil and Tz, 3+/3++ saves!

But, this is before the Crimson Slaughter codex. I'll rebuild the army once I have it in my hands.

You can download the Preview on BL site.

You get like usual a few pages of fluff, 2 pictures, 1 illustration and 2 "dioramas" but this time, something never seen before, you get One Altar of War mission.

The Mission is pretty classic, 3 objectives on the table, CS player deploys and plays first and all the secondary objectives, but..., there is something intersting, Spectrale Hurricane.

This Spectrale Hurricane makes you put a marker in the center of the table, at the begining of each of the CS player you roll 2D6, and the CS player can move the marker this much in any direction, each ennemy units in 12" of the Hurricane takes 2D6 S3 AP- hits.

Now its not Awesome or ultimate, buts its kinda funny.

So, CS can take Possessed (daemons) as troops, and their colour-scheme is very similar to Wordbearers (Silver/matt gold with a nearly pinkish-red).

Why didn't GW just call this supplement "Word Bearers" instead? They would sell more copies for sure, and it would reignite the fallen ember of hope in most CSM-players hearts.

So, CS can take Possessed (daemons) as troops, and their colour-scheme is very similar to Wordbearers (Silver with a nearly pinkish-red).

Why didn't GW just call this supplement "Word Bearers" instead? They would sell more copies for sure, and it would reignite the fallen ember of hope in most CSM-players hearts.

colors are Red and Gold, not silver. They've got a little heavy on the silver highlights to the gold in some of those new pictures. If you look in the DV pictures, it plainly a Red and Gold.

So, CS can take Possessed (daemons) as troops, and their colour-scheme is very similar to Wordbearers (Silver with a nearly pinkish-red).

colors are Red and Gold, not silver. They've got a little heavy on the silver highlights to the gold in some of those new pictures. If you look in the DV pictures, it plainly a Red and Gold.

Ahhh....too bad.

I think I'll make a Crimson Slaughter Amy. The dark red will complement my BA nicely, and I wanted a khornate army anyhow.

They've got a very cool name and a nice colour scheme, and the cover art is the most badass Ive seen so far in 6th ed (a terrifying blood-red daemonic-visaged giant cocking a bolter).

A user on Faiet 212 posted this;

MAAkselMarch 7, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Read through the book... only 2 pages worth of actual rules.

Forsaken become troops, lose whatever the forsaken special rule is
and gain a D3 roll at the start of their owning players turn. 1 = change
from 'infantry' to 'beasts'. 2 = 3++, 3 = (I believe) always wounds on a
3+ and gains rending.

A few new items, the only one I recall specifically is a 2+ armor
save, crusader and 'it will not die' for 40 points. There was another
one that gave access to divination for 25 points.

The only warlord trait I thought was 'nice' was warlord gains shrouded.

Hope this helps!

Forsaken are Possesed i guess, a false translation, or maybe the name they get in the Book.

Now its a shame that this table replaces the Posseded usual table, would have been good to keep both.

So rumor of a new possessed table is true.  That sounds pretty good actually, I mean for Possessed.  But I don't know enough about the current meta to know if that will matter.

Shame nothing else is there, but not like it was expected when it was revealed to be a supplement.

Their color scheme looks like World Eaters to me. Those thieving youngsters haha. 

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :P

Plus their loyalist color scheme was red armor with a white shoulderpad (possibly both shoulderpads)

Hm, I'm not using possessed so that's kinda sucky.

Maybe I should just combine my IW with CS to create Iron Slaughter, a band of khornate iron warriors...

3+ and gains rending.

Hope this helps!

This sounds too good to be true, so I'm gonna assume that it's false.

Forsaken either getting Beasts / a 3++ / Wounds on 3+ and rending for no other drawback than loosing the current table, in addition to becoming troops?

It would make possessed useable, so forgive me if I don't believe it until I see it.

A 2+ armour, crusader and IWND for 40 points? I doubt it. If it's true, I might just have to start playing Crimson Slaughter instead of World Eaters...

I don't believe for a second however, that there's a relic that gives us the option to use Divination on a Sorcerer, mainly because it sounds so awkward and strange. There has to be an additional benefit to this than just paying to unlock Divination. (Is this GW admitting that Divination is the best psychic discipline?)

So what's the drawback with the supplement? May not take any marks at all?

Hm, I'm not using possessed so that's kinda sucky.

Maybe I should just combine my IW with CS to create Iron Slaughter, a band of khornate iron warriors...

Iron Slaughter, i like that actually, could make a cool Power Metal band name!

3+ and gains rending.

Hope this helps!

This sounds too good to be true, so I'm gonna assume that it's false.

Forsaken either getting Beasts / a 3++ / Wounds on 3+ and rending for no other drawback than loosing the current table, in addition to becoming troops?

It would make possessed useable, so forgive me if I don't believe it until I see it.

A 2+ armour, crusader and IWND for 40 points? I doubt it. If it's true, I might just have to start playing Crimson Slaughter instead of World Eaters...

I don't believe for a second however, that there's a relic that gives us the option to use Divination on a Sorcerer, mainly because it sounds so awkward and strange. There has to be an additional benefit to this than just paying to unlock Divination. (Is this GW admitting that Divination is the best psychic discipline?)

Iron Hands got the belt with 3++, Fnp4+ and IWND for 40 or 50pts, and the only interesting bit about this armor is th 2+ and IWND, now a DPrince with this...

And the Divination thing, they did give an item that give a Sorceror a Nova power in the BL book, for now we only know that it give acces to Divination, nothing more, their might be something more, the guy who posted it, said that he doesn't remember everything, i know its suspicious, but for now its only in the rumor aisle, we will see it next week.

Slayer le Boucher, on 08 Mar 2014 - 12:24, said:

3+ and gains rending.

Hope this helps!

<

blockquote>

hhhmmmm not sure I buy it!

However if true I might be tempted to start running my chaos with this relic list, just because giving my sorcerer access to divination would be fantastic.

Iron Hands got the belt with 3++, Fnp4+ and IWND for 40 or 50pts, and the only interesting bit about this armor is th 2+ and IWND, now a DPrince with this...

And the Divination thing, they did give an item that give a Sorceror a Nova power in the BL book, for now we only know that it give acces to Divination, nothing more, their might be something more, the guy who posted it, said that he doesn't remember everything, i know its suspicious, but for now its only in the rumor aisle, we will see it next week.

The Gorgons Chain gives a 3++, Feel no Pain and Eternal Warrior (not IWND; they have it already, they're Iron Hands.)

However, you have to put it into context and not compare cross-codeci; As SM they already had access to 3++, and while EW and FNP is really nice, the Chain looses effectiveness depending on how many (or few) wounds the wearer has left.

Now, apart from a really lucky roll with a Gift of Mutation, we can't take 2+ (non-terminator) armour on our characters, this alone is huge and easily worth ~25 pts on a Chaos Lord. Imagine what it will be worth on a (as you mentioned) Daemon Prince, let alone Crusader and IWND on top of it - it's wickedly good for 40 pts.

But yes, let's be patient and wait until we got the actual rules in our own hands. smile.png

Not really knowing 6th edition rules, I've seen somebody mention how getting "Beasts" would be a good thing.  Am I correct in thinking that if this new chart is legit, it would make Possessed a useful choice, even if you change up what you have every turn?

I believe Kor Bador (the character) would have the perfect thing to say in regards to these upstart renegades. I'm almost willing to entertain the idea that GW will write out the legions entirely save for the obligatory horus heresy blurb in the beginning of marine books. It irks me to see these brand new nobodys become the post boys of chaos. 

Possessed as troops is an odd move and I hope the book elaborates on that in an interesting way. 

Archived