codex crimson slaughter.... yup, GW really hates us.

Ehh, it isn't the book that the majority of players wants but having an extra book is not a bad thing either. . . Need to stop crying and just read the darn thing and see if you want to use it as an ally or something. 

Having more is not a bad thing, worst case scenario is that you will never use it, best case is that it is a blast and adds some flavor to our armies.

I am a Word Bearer player from the beginning of second edition and I would absolutely love to see ANY CSM Legion get its own book, but in time. GW knows we want it for sure and we will see it eventually.

Rofl, I am still on the first page, running out of bloody LIKES on this thread.

This is a completely brain dead, terminal, flat line, move by a company that is already HEMORRHAGING money.

WAKE.THE.CUSSHERE.UP.GW

Actually I think the fact that BnC has reacted this way is more telling.

This forum usually has a really good attitude, sure we had the complaint thread but no one here is what I'd call a whiner. I mean if we were we wouldn't still be here.

Therefore the fact that teh vast majority is scratching their head and asking WTH just happened, its kinda telling.

I could have sworn the negativity thread had gotten locked down. Guess not.

I took a month and a half off because I was so frustrated with GW, and this is where we end up...

I actually went to the rant thread, but it was locked in January it seems, and despite the mods, well...i'm not ranting so much as I am confused and dismayed over this.

They so so so so so clearly dont care about what the vocal minority, and I dont argue that I am in the majority here despite forum polls to the contrary I can accept we are a subset, but Crimson Slaughter? Simply give us what we want, and o.m.f.g the rivers will run with our cash.

I had $2000 :cussing dollars to drop this weekend at a gaming convention if I so desired. I simply couldnt be :cussing bothered at this point with GW, I just cant. I cant stomach the thought of putting another check mark under 'Chaos Space Marines X' for some :cussing bean counter.

FW will continue to get money here and there because they at least pay lip service to the old ways, to the fluff I have read for almost 20 years (rofl!!!!) but GW

Crimson bloody Slaughter??? Will they get DROP PODS for Khornes sake???? Is that worth a codex?

I hate that I even care so much honestly.

I don't like GWs new releases, mainly LotD, Imperial Knights, this Crimson Slaughter, dataslates with one unit or formation e.t.c. I would rather have one combined expansion book (like Imperial Armor Apocalypse) with new units and rules for all armies rather than dozen small books with 2 pages of rules, a few pages with fluff and the rest filled with pictures and rulebook USR and weapon profiles. Supplements are a little better because there a lot of fluff, but still not worthy to be a separate release.

Gratan, what are you talking about? Why would they be conused? There are as much info on the Crimson Slaughter already in the CSM codex. Pictures in the 'eavy Metal section include 2 marines, 1 termie and 1 helbrute. They have an info-blurb as big as the legions and larger renegade chapters do and there are plenty of art with reddish marines in it as well...

Why would any new player get confused by that? I don't get it...

Gratan, what are you talking about? Why would they be conused? There are as much info on the Crimson Slaughter already in the CSM codex. Pictures in the 'eavy Metal section include 2 marines, 1 termie and 1 helbrute. They have an info-blurb as big as the legions and larger renegade chapters do and there are plenty of art with reddish marines in it as well...

Not to mention a full-blown novel and audiobook devoted just to them. Well, specifically them and the Dark Angels they fought with. But yeah theyve been extensively covered and are pretty much the new poster boys Chaos. Especially since they have an entire Codex.

WOW Holy :cuss, GW is actually doing it, full codex

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/03/40k-breaking-helbrute-codex-crimson.html

??? What the actual :cuss

Edit: is that a plastic plague marine in the bottom right?

Well I am confused. A codex then. And apparently next week we are getting another release, so what that could be? Cultists? Havocs?

Also another oddity: If strike force contains all miniatures it is rumored to contain, it is cheaper than buying miniatures separately.

the strike force is easy, Nids got the same thing with the swarm box

yeah but in practice GW bundles are usually* the same price as everything put together, not cheaper. Cheaper is new. And weird.

*key word

Well right now no matter what GW does people will be unhappy . If they don't make changes and add new ways to play people will hate the codex . If they make apostols , warpsmiths , talons/possessed etc playable/wanted[by adding bike options to them] people will hate on GW asking why that hasn't been done when two other chaos dex came out . A lose/lose situation. I wonder which codex is going to be sold to new people though , at first the focus is going to be on the new one , but what about 6-12 months in to the future.

Excessus, on 04 Mar 2014 - 01:41, said:

In the Dark Vengeance set you learn about the Crimson Slaughter, you are given several named characters, their motivations and goals. You get a novella with even more information. The rules given are very basic, just enough to learn the game but not enough to really get in the way.

Once you graduate to the full Codex, Crimson Slaughter becomes a minority lost within the scope of all the previous CSM fluff. By my count in the CSM Codex you have two paragraph blurb on the Crimson Slaughter, and a total of 4 pictures (Lord, Chosen, Terminator, and Helbrute); that's it. None of the named characters are there (not that they cant be created with the basic models in the army list), and the Crimson Slaughter sinks to the bottom. I know if I were a kid, who had gotten the set, the novella, and then the codex, I would have expected to see what I had gained in the Starter would have carried on into the main game. I would have been disappointed to find very little mention in the fluff and no real rules support. I would have been disappointed in my purchase (or gift), as it was in essence a throwaway product. Yes, I could use the minis for any CSM army, but they wouldn't truly be Crimson Slaughter anymore...

Am I expressing myself well? I have trouble sometimes getting my points across and expressing what I mean, so bare with me. Sorry if I am unclear.

In the Dark Vengeance set you learn about the Crimson Slaughter, you are given several named characters, their motivations and goals. You get a novella with even more information. The rules given are very basic, just enough to learn the game but not enough to really get in the way.

Once you graduate to the full Codex, Crimson Slaughter becomes a minority lost within the scope of all the previous CSM fluff. By my count in the CSM Codex you have two paragraph blurb on the Crimson Slaughter, and a total of 4 pictures (Lord, Chosen, Terminator, and Helbrute); that's it. None of the named characters are there (not that they cant be created with the basic models in the army list), and the Crimson Slaughter sinks to the bottom. I know if I were a kid, who had gotten the set, the novella, and then the codex, I would have expected to see what I had gained in the Starter would have carried on into the main game. I would have been disappointed to find very little mention in the fluff and no real rules support. I would have been disappointed in my purchase (or gift), as it was in essence a throwaway product. Yes, I could use the minis for any CSM army, but they wouldn't truly be Crimson Slaughter anymore...

Am I expressing myself well? I have trouble sometimes getting my points across and expressing what I mean, so bare with me. Sorry if I am unclear.

to be fair Gatan, 2 paragraphs is a lot for a codex where many warbands are merely a colour scheme, maybe a timeline point if they are lucky.

to be fair Gatan, 2 paragraphs is a lot for a codex where many warbands are merely a colour scheme, maybe a timeline point if they are lucky.

I know. Most of the other Renegades only get a single Paragraph, the Red Corsairs one of them. However, the Red Corsairs also get a named character with Huron. Lord Kranon only appears in the DV set.

Gratan, yes they get as much attention as anybody else, which is rather odd because in the 40k fluff they are still very very very very very very minor players!

Dark Angels on the other hand, the other part of the starter kit, are rather big players. They still run around with their whole darn legion and mess things up (sneakily disguised as successor chapters), despite the wishes of terra. They are legion #1, they have interesting and fascinating backstories and fluff going back almost 20 years or so. Yes, they have a codex of their own and deserve it...

A minor warband that failed to do anything spectacular or awe-inspiring with a miniscule playerbase...I think The Purge, Flawless Host and especially Red Corsairs have way more players than them, but why no new codex for them? Hmm?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I completely understand the bitter...

I was just trying to express that this should have come much earlier to support the DV sets is all.

I am still waiting for plastic 1kSons, full army list and everything... I've wanted a 1kSons army since I first got into 40k and Rogue Trader and the two Chaos Books...

I am still waiting for plastic 1kSons, full army list and everything... I've wanted a 1kSons army since I first got into 40k and Rogue Trader and the two Chaos Books...

Oh you are not alone on that one, but I doubt it will ever happen...

Believe us gatan, we're happy for you, this is great and we expect you to damn well live up to it teehee.gif

But we are bitter with GW's treatment of the majority of chaos fans

Not me feeling good because others are happy seems un natural to me .

On the other hand , wonder what the rules for dreads are going to be in the book and if they will share the ally matrix csm/BL have.

Archived