Dark Disciples of Khorne.

Chiv

Dark Disciples are a cult I've come up with after looking through the codex:CSM recently and seeing artwork for a robed csm. I've always wanted to do a group of them. I figured since I played Mono Khorne that I'd like to get some counts as troops for the other cult squads. After buying a DV box set I decided that those loyalist scum angels deserved to be likewise dedicated to the blood god as counts and thousand sons. First up my Khorne Blood Sorc. (Since usually in fantasy blood magic is a dark art and highly forboden, why not?)

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/Chiv4lry/20140304_1338051_zpsb9e352a3.jpg

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/Chiv4lry/20140304_1338201_zpsf3d78b84.jpg

I plan on converting the sword, dunno if i want a axe or sword yet though. he will also get the khorne head from the csm box most likely.

Any suggestions would be appreciated biggrin.png

true, khorne hates sorcerers, Hes more of a priest, calling down the blood gods wrath to rend flesh from bone empowering his brothers and instilling fear into enemies. I'm currently trying to write some fluff to explain the theme i'm going for. Just not a very good writer might take a bit :P. And blood bender a'la avatar is also a sweet idea lol

true, khorne hates sorcerers, Hes more of a priest, calling down the blood gods wrath to rend flesh from bone empowering his brothers and instilling fear into enemies. I'm currently trying to write some fluff to explain the theme i'm going for. Just not a very good writer might take a bit tongue.png. And blood bender a'la avatar is also a sweet idea lol

And thus another is exposed to the inevitable end of the Imperium, the countenance of the true power in the Warp, He who sits upon the Throne of Skulls. Welcome, brother.

I like to use a sorcerer with my Doomseekers occasionally. Of course, being devotees of Khorne, my Apostles of the Blood do not use arcane cowardice to entreat sorcery, no, they make offerings to Khorne, courting His favour by showing their martial prowess and dedicating only the finest murders to Him. They show their fury and their zeal, hurling themselves into walls of gunfire and the blades of the enemy, if only it will allow them to take one more skull, one more life, and give one more scream of wordless anger and feel the righteous, murderous purity of rage. If their faith is strong, they will be rewarded. The Blood God gifts his followers with the ability to call down torrents of screaming, flaming skulls that smash the enemy apart in explosions of white-hot bone shards (Pyromancy: Inferno), or channel the merest echo of Khorne's own warcry, shattering armour and blasting flesh from bones and soul from body (Telepathy: Psychic Shriek).

Using the previous Chaos Codex, my Apostles would conduct glorious battle-sacrifices, roaring Khorne's praises and using their rage-faith to summon hordes of Bloodletters (ie Summoned Lesser Daemons).

That's how I justify it, anyway.

My monitor's going through some issues at the moment, but from what I can see that is going to be a really lovely conversion. Always nice to see the DV bits providing a foundation for custom characters.

Od.

Thanks for the compliments :D.

Having a bit of trouble deciding how I want to modify the bolters to signify their being more powerful and blessed by khorne.

Would like to hear any ideas on the subject.

Also having trouble painting the force sword on the sorc might just try to paint it in flames rather than a red power sword. Will try and get pics up later.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy am I slow I've got a couple brothers painted up will upload later currently at work :P. Got to thinking about how someone becomes a disciple and I've come up with this:

A particularly devoted cultist apiring entrance to the disciples and astartes-hood, would be challenged to slay a loyalist marine and abscond with his armour and possibly harvest the marines gene-seed? The armour would be dipped in loyalist blood and clear-coated or some such process to make the armor permanently blood colored. He would be indoctrinated / made astartes using the limited gene-seed stocks / stolen gene-seed. He would now fight as an aspirant to disciples. If the process drives him mad then he would be indoctrinated into the enraged (berzerkers) otherwise eventually disciplehood.

I figure that while loyalist choose candidates from children to properly brainwash and establish loyalities, the chaos marines would have no qualms about inducting particularly devout/zealous cultists already a sworn lifelong devotee of the chaos gods.

Also as I have purchased some DV tacticals on the cheap already painted up (badly I might add) I could easily Cover them in a wash of blood, leave all the chapter symbols and such and create a group of what I will call the Blood Aspirants.

would love to hear what anyone has to say on this idea, I'll try and spew one out later this evening as a test.

Archived