Its knight time

koran

Thanks for the comments guys.  Appreciate it.

Im debating if I should get about an attempt to make a more "custom" knight as a warden.  I was thinking about making a lancer but forgeworld seem to have that one covered :p

well, well, well...

How do you want me to get back in the hobby if you put the bar that high?

As any good decent French guy I looked carefully for mistakes or flaws but, damn you, I can't find them

Ho, yeah, I got one :  too much red ! no? not even a good critic? F....

yeah ...flawless execution

I hate ya, It's official

:D

Keep it up

Amazing freehand

Thanks for the comments guys, always really appreciated as a motivator to keep on going with projects.

So Im still undecided on if to do another knight but I wanted to at least get playing with a missile launcher that can be mounted on top of the knight as its something FW dont seem to be doing (and someone had asked me for a copy).  Im designing it to be similar to the one on the reaver titan as I think it will suit the aesthetic of the knight model.

Ive got a little way on the main shape (though the armour plating will go over this) and spent far too much time making the missiles so they are all the same...

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/NeilCollins_/Knight/WP_20140413_23_19_54_Pro_zpse6d914ce.jpg

(You can see Ive smoothed out some of the gaps in the launcher in this one too:

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/NeilCollins_/Knight/WP_20140414_15_38_42_Pro_zpse21092a4.jpg

Made the first working cast of the missile launcher.  This allowed me to file any non-flat surfaces more easily and importantly I can drill the holes for the missiles more easily as it is all one substance (otherwise drilling on any changes between plastic and resin or greenstuff can make the drill get offset slightly).

Ive also started to work on the armour plating.  Its starting to look a lot more like a missile launcher now.  I need to finish the plating and the lining around it. Then onto the mount.

No comments but a lot of likes so thanks guys :D

Moved on with the missile launcher Ive got the holes drilled (not sure if they line up perfectly but I think Id find it hard to do better without some sort of industrial measuring implements :p ) and the armour plates are finished.

And one with the missiles in:

So I think Im done with the missile launcher.  I ended up going for a simple mount so that it could be rotated to suit any oncoming enemies.  I was thinking about having a wider connection but the rest of the model (such as the arms) actually have fairly skinny joints so this seems more in keeping with the model.  It also fits nicely on the hole on top of the knight.

Two people have already "reserved" a missile launcher so if you guys have an opinion on this let me know as Im happy to modify for you guys (thanks for keeping the faith :p )

Anyways, without comments on changes the casting will begin tonight.

• 4 months later...

Archived