The Astra Militarum Future

Julgolax

Why bother with infantry support at all?  The only purpose of infantry is to grease your treads as you run them over.  Just take close to a dozen Leman Russ and laugh as your armored might crushes the foul xenos, mutants, and heretics before you!

Why bother with infantry support at all?  The only purpose of infantry is to grease your treads as you run them over.  Just take close to a dozen Leman Russ and laugh as your armored might crushes the foul xenos, mutants, and heretics before you!

The Tactica Imperialis explicitly states "No armoured vehicle should proceed without infantry support".

Why bother with infantry support at all? The only purpose of infantry is to grease your treads as you run them over. Just take close to a dozen Leman Russ and laugh as your armored might crushes the foul xenos, mutants, and heretics before you!

The Tactica Imperialis explicitly states "No armoured vehicle should proceed without infantry support".

That's what I said, the infantry supports the armored vehicles by greasing the treads msn-wink.gif.

I'm not following. What the issue with the LRBT again?

I can't resist. 

Know what happens to tanks that advance without infantry support?

Nothing.

Doctrine dictates advance only after gaining fire superiority,  tank crews will know this has been achieved by the lack of enemy  and large craters.

Edited for slurred vision...and spelling...

If anything the wait only makes me more optimistic for a bigger release.

Maybe there are some more new kits not yet picked up by the rumour wagon etc^^

And beside, this weeks rumoured terrain pieces interests me. GW have been pretty decent with their terrain of late.

Take a look at the leaked pictures of the void shield generator and then say that. biggrin.png

Dwarves got three dual kits, and a couple of snap fit guys. Nids got four or so guys. So far we see the Hydra, Scions, Truck, and Ogryns. So we're about on par with other releases. I'd be surprised to see much more than that, considering there have been no more rumors saying much else. Unless Scions are considered "special" for their minidex, I wouldn't hold out much hope for anything else unseen.

Agreed, I don't want to wait any more I want to get on with it! I think it's almost certain that we've only one kit left to see - if at all.

I don't expect the Scions to be outside the Guard codex, otherwise half the IG release isn't IG models..!

I would imagine they aren't bothering with rough riders as they are the easiest thing to convert in the world. Empire pistoliers for standard ones. Hellstriders if you do so fancy Slaaneshi ones.

It helps if people bother to look outside the 40k range.

It helps if people bother to look outside the 40k range.

Fair enough but I would say that the non GW mini's were made to fill the need that GW left open by not replacing the range with newer models. It seems sad to me that their answer is to remove a choice rather then fill a unit and give it rules to help them sell the range.

Maybe the world is tired of old style units like horse cav. Or maybe younger war gamers don't get rough riders due to our modern times.

Still they will be missed if they are removed. 

I don't mind the wait, mostly because I have so much stuff lined up for assembly. Just last night I added basing materials to 30 bases for the regular guys in upcoming Vet squads. And then after that I will tackle the Platoon...

I just want the Leman Russ to see some redemption. I only started this hobby last summer and fell in love with IG as soon as I saw the models. After slapping together a couple of infantry platoons I couldn't wait to add a few tanks to my list. (I didn't know about tank company rules at the time.) It was such a let down the first time I rolled them out and they got merked right off the bat. The guys I play with even complain about how easy they are to take out, they feel like they should be scared of them and they aren't. If a tougher MBT is all I get out of the new book, I'll be a happy war gamer.

That's what happens when you field 2-3 vehicles, total. I don't find my russes to be fragile at all when I field nine chimeras, two hellhounds, two russes, and two demolishers ;)

Well, on the plus side, the only thing I'll be buying for sure will only set me back $49.95 plus tax.

wallbash.gif

ditto...Maybe a hydra or two...but nothing else is within miles of mildly interesting.

I don't mind the wait, mostly because I have so much stuff lined up for assembly.

Ugh...you're telling me. I have 17 repentia, 7 rhinos, and most of a squad of battle sisters in the queue, and 28 kasrkin enroute!

I just want the Leman Russ to see some redemption. I only started this hobby last summer and fell in love with IG as soon as I saw the models. After slapping together a couple of infantry platoons I couldn't wait to add a few tanks to my list. (I didn't know about tank company rules at the time.) It was such a let down the first time I rolled them out and they got merked right off the bat. The guys I play with even complain about how easy they are to take out, they feel like they should be scared of them and they aren't. If a tougher MBT is all I get out of the new book, I'll be a happy war gamer.

That's what happens when you field 2-3 vehicles, total. I don't find my russes to be fragile at all when I field nine chimeras, two hellhounds, two russes, and two demolishers msn-wink.gif

You need more tanks. May I recommend more Leman Russ?

Just spotted this http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=13800070. Looks like we'll see the Tempestus Scions by the end of the month. On a related note, is anyone else concerned that with a dedicated Storm Troopers codex, they'll be removed from the base IG 'dex?

Not really. They'll be an auxiliary codex like Inquisition anyway, so they're basically just being moved outside the FoC, but still completely available.

So you think they will still be available as an elites slot in the IG book as well as in their own codex, in the same way as inquisitors are available in Codex: Inquisition and in Codex: Grey Knights? That would definitely be preferable as I can see the draw to fielding a Storm Trooper regt, but I wouldn't want to lose the ability to field them alongside a regular Guard platoon.

I wonder what they'll do or add to Storm Troopers that would fill a whole Codex though.

If the Legion of the Damned, Inquisitors, or to an extent the Imperial Knights are anything to go by, then not much. These supplementary codexes seem to consist of two or three choices at best, a chunk of fluff and not much else.

Seems like GW are operating the theory that there's no point selling a player one codex for each army when they can 'encourage' him to buy three or four books instead

Just spotted this http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=13800070. Looks like we'll see the Tempestus Scions by the end of the month. On a related note, is anyone else concerned that with a dedicated Storm Troopers codex, they'll be removed from the base IG 'dex?

Guess you are reffering to the video, although your link didnt take me to it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIor5qdbhc)

Wont be long now. I sure picked an exiting time to start playing this game again!

Archived