The Astra Militarum Future

Julgolax

Nice missile rack on that truck, but even after seeing the stats I'm not that interested.

The storm troopers however! That baroque armour, those berets and the 'tache! My order plan just went up from one pack to two.

Latest rumour is that there are still orders (see Heru Talon's link).

I'm very pleased to hear this as I really like the mechanic in our current codex. The vox caster rules, however, could be better (unlimited range, for one).

Ugh...So glad  I just ordered a bunch of kasrkin.  These new stormies look like the sort of mercenaries that Afrikaners would have employed to protect themselves against the people whose country they were usurping.  They just scream "sci-fi boer private security" to me.  I am curious to find out how many special weapons you can pack into a ten man squad, though...the rumor says "a number," suggesting that the number might not be two...

Not really. They'll be an auxiliary codex like Inquisition anyway, so they're basically just being moved outside the FoC, but still completely available.

So you think they will still be available as an elites slot in the IG book as well as in their own codex, in the same way as inquisitors are available in Codex: Inquisition and in Codex: Grey Knights? That would definitely be preferable as I can see the draw to fielding a Storm Trooper regt, but I wouldn't want to lose the ability to field them alongside a regular Guard platoon.

No, I think that the new Guard codex probably won't have an entry for them, but that it won't matter, because an allied Tempestus detachment won't take up your Allies slot. You'll still be able to include them - more of them, in fact, because they won't be competing with.. uh... ratlings or psyker battle squads... lol... but you'll need to buy the Tempestus supplement to do so.

I also suspect that the next Grey Knight codex won't have Inquisitors in it.

As I see more angles and shots of the Taurox, it is growing on me. I may eventually get a few for Scions but I still need to see what all the implications of that mini-dex are and whether Forgeworld is going to be stupid about the DKoK Assault Brigade matrix as they were with Codex: Inquisition and say Militarum Tempestus is "Come the Apocalypse" because, RAW, they are not listed as one of the few armies that are not CtA for DKOK.

All that said, those Scion models are great. Both the helmet head option and beret option look slick. They're pretty heavily armoured, too, so my planned conversion to make some of them counts-as Battle Sisters for some elite =I= troops shouldn't be hard at all. Do you think just putting their upper bodies into space marine legs would be a workable conversion to power armour or would the legs be too big?

Good luck finding heads to make them Sisters. Then again, the only reason to use counts-as Sisters in an Inquisition detachment is to use Sisters models, since the rules aren't even a little bit representative.

I like all of it. The mustachioed men, the trucks, the bits...all awesome!

Neat that ST get power fists now. I'll have to convert one.

Also neat that ST get voxes now. Good thing I already have some with vox boxes on their backs! biggrin.png

Hot-shot volley gun, eh? Sounds like an Assault 3-5 weapon to me! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png [edit: I'm awesome, because now I read it's a Salvo 2/4]

In the first picture, 2nd guy on the left, does that look like Sylvester Stallone (like in Expendables) to anyone else??

Archived