...but blood - blood is forever

poom

Ooooh yes. Excellent work so far on the Warhound and the base diorama. So excellent, in fact, that you've got a clutch of Mods chipping in to comment. ;)

Thank you so much! I am very glad you like what you are seeing blush.png

This army is a thing of beauty! I really look forward to see Syrgalah done. How did you make the spear on the Claw?

It is made out of plastic card rods and sheets.

I really like the drama you're creating with the base; however- I think the marine who is dragging his comrade seems a bit too eager almost to leave the poor s.o.b about to be smushed. Is there a way you can move the head/torso so he's giving a glance backwards? Know what I mean?

The scene should read:

"brother billy, we can't leave joe! he's our squad mate man!"

"there's no time! we gotta move! I'm sorry man, but we gotta go"

Instead my mental picture is:

"meh, joe's a jerk- be grateful I'm saving you, quit yer blubberin *begins whistling*"

Yeah the poses are very wip a lot is still just bluetact. At first I had the idea, that the guy dragging his comrade shoots his bolter onehanded in the air at the titan, while walking to cover at the crater. But I just could not get it to look right.. so maybe youre idea with the look back could be a option.

I browsed through your thread on the Ammo Bunker... You really don't like the Raven Guard, do you? tongue.png

It is not that I despise them in particular, but the black armor is such a nice contrast to the white thumbsup.gif

No progress on the titan.. but I startet to work on this nice fella:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Kharn_2_02.jpg

The helm crest is a nice base for a real helm crest cool.png

Also, if anyone was wondering how a Raven Guard head looks from the inside:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Kharn_2_01.jpg

Cheers!

I'll be honest, poom; I liked your Khârn better than Forge World's. biggrin.png But that crest makes their model much better.

I like the old one alot too. But I think the conversion and paintjob did not age well, today I would do so many things different. With the FW modell I can start over, what is realy tempting right now smile.png Here is btw a comparison shot, of my old Khârn, which is based on this artwork and posed simmilar to the original Jes Goodwin sculpt next to the new FW modell:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Kharn_2_03.jpg~original

Been also working on Jeddek, like Kargos he is part of Kharns command squad, and bearer of the 8th company banner:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Jeddek03.jpg~original

As he is terra born and one of the oldest World Eaters I gave him this nice ornamented mk2 armor. In contrast to this relic from the unification wars he got a spiky backpack and shoulderguard.

With the banner I am still unsecure, all is just blue-tacked at the moment. The idea was, as the World Eaters are influeced a lot from roman gladiators, that a roman styled banner would be fitting. What do you think?

Love Jeddek. Love the banner. Can't wait to see him painted up, I think you really captured the feel of a veteran World Eater. As an aside, do you intend on altering the FW Khârn's posing at all? The model looks really wonky as is and even with your awesome crest, I don't think it'll redeem the model unless some other changes are made. 

It's really great to see you giving the characters from Betrayer actual representations for your army! Amazing!

Regarding Khârn, man, the new model may be more detailed, but your old conversion is still awesome, precisely because it is based on both the 40k version of the character and that piece of Wayne England artwork at the same time. That said, I am quite certain that your finished "new" Khârn wiill blow us away, but the pose on the FW version is just a little messed up: Have you considered rotating the hand holding the pistol outwards, so the pistol is actually turned towards the oncoming enemy? I think that might make it at least a bit more believable.

As for Jeddek, the model's already looking very cool! The scarred face is a far better match for him than for Khârn! While I understand your thoughts on the banner, however, I am just a sucker for cloth banners for a company, so I think I'd prefer an actual banner below the top, but that's just a matter of personal preference!

Will you be doing a model for Skane at some point? Preferrably without a helmet? ;)

Keep up the amazing work! :)

Archived