Bearing the word into the past (30k Word Bearers)

thebloodyhand

Okay I have have been bitten by the 30k bug, so here is my first go at a list. I know its lacking anti tank but not sure what to shuffle around to get it.

Characters/units wise, fairly straight forward, Preator with the Gol Varbak in the storm eagle, Chaplain & Daibolist with the assault squad, ready to split of and join a tact squad when there in position. Then the heralds join their aligned squads. Slannesh to go character hunting with str 5 ap 2, ws 7 int 7, re-rolls to hit and they can't refuse challenges from the Herald should kill most things. The Tzeentch herald and horrors sit on my home objective shooting stuff, and my Nurgle soul grinder sits in terrain Shooting stuff.

Praetor
Burning Lore (Biomancy)
Catarpact Armour
Paragon Blade

Rite of War: Dark Brethren

Chaplain
Jump Pack
Refractor Field
Artificer Armour
Burning Lore (telepathy)

Diabolist
Burning Lore (telepathy)
Refractor Field
Artificer Armour
Charnbal Sabre
Jump Pack

5 Gol Varbak
1 Melta gun
Artificer Armour
Power Axe

10 Assault Marines
Combat Shields
Power Fist
Artificer Armour
Dark Channelling

10 Tactical Marines
Additional CC Weapon
Nunico Vox
Legion Vexilia
Combi Melta
Power Fist
Artificer Armour
Dark Channelling

Rhino
Extra Armour

10 Tactical Marines
Additional CC Weapon
Nuncio Vox
Legion Vex ilia
Combi Melta
Power Fist
Artificer Armour
Dark Channelling

Rhino
Extra Armour

3 Land Speeders
Multi Meltas

Storm Eagle
Twin Lascannons
Armoured Ceramite

Herald Of Tzeentch
Pskyer Level 3 (1 divination, 2 Change)
Exalted Icon Of Conjuring

Herald of Slannesh
Icon of Beguilement
Greater Reward (Greater Ether Blade)
Steed of Slannesh
Pskyer (Master Level 1) (Excess)

3 Fiends of Slannesh

20 Horrors

3 Plague Drones
Rot Proboscis
Death Head's
Plague Bearer
Greater Reward (Greater Ether Blade)

Soul grinder
Daemon Of Nurgle

Total 2991

The assault squad is overpriced simply by base cost. However, my main worries with this list is your lack of a heavy hitter. You do not have a Lord of War, and you do not have a way to really combat one. A typhons, fellblade or Primarch will cut swathes through your units. Even the Gal Vorbak will have a hard time surviving the blast of a typhon. 

I also don't believe you have enough marines. The tactical squads are relying for a Rhino for movement, and it won't last long, leaving T4 models to be smiled.

One of my main gripes is with daemons. It is fluffy, but....y will be shot to pieces. Your horrors will be destroyed by the large tactical squads. Similarly, your Herald will die to kitted our Praetors. And against Centurions.... I doubt you squad will even get to combat if say, a Master of Signal is in a Heavy Support squad. I just don't understand the point of the daemons in the list. They are begging to be shot by a Scorpius or Predator Squadron.

Sorry if this is negative, but I don't think the army will be able to perform, as it does not have a Lord of War and doesn't have the means to kill one. Also, your squads, both marine and daemon, are fragile.

Hope this helps.

Seems fair enough bud,

What I would be tempted to do then is drop the rhinos and HoS & fiends, up my tact squads to 15, up my Vol Gorbak to 8,

I then have a few other options, if I'm not going for dark brethern, what do I a) spend my points on and cool.png which rite of war (If any) should I go for?

Tempted by Orbital assualt but again that would mean squads no larger than 10, Also If I'm dropping deamons what should I do for anti air would some mortis rifleman dreads be the best bet.

Archived