Inqu][sitor

lamby

• 2 weeks later...

That is a super cool conversion and artwork! You're conversions are so inspiring. Can't wait to see more!

Thanks Kolgrim!

Ah yes, glue and swearing; the foundation of all my conversions. 

I'd been thinking of a bike conversion similar to this and you beat me to it. I may have to borrow from this when I get to it. 

I almost re-named my blog Glue and Swearing...

Wow. Just, wow.

I'll be following this intently. Such inspiration.

Thanks librisrouge!

That's insane. So, so, good. Can't wait to see the next stage.

Thanks Son of Sacrifice!

that bike is awesome

Cheers Cadius!

Lovely work. There are too many things I enjoy to name. So I'll settle for lovely work.

Thanks so much, Verux!

Now for the jacket on the biker femme fatal

Yes... challenging, to say the least...

That biker girl looks sooo sexy!

She is the work of Jomaro Kindred... I am merely imitating his fantastic drawing!

More like CUMmando ;p

Let's keep it clean ;)

No update on Harley the hot biker chick, as I'm deployed away from the main desk.

But I brought a travel painting kit, and so here are paint in progress on 3 (of the 4 I've finished building) of the Witch Hunters:

img_6069.jpg

img_6070.jpg

img_6071.jpg

For those who are interested in paint recipes - Vallejo Flat Brown base, old GW Elf Flesh x 2 (sometimes 3), highlighted with Elf Flesh mixed with Schmincke Titanium White.

Next stage for these ladies of the Ordo Hereticus is oils - black oil for the blue and metals, purple for the skin, maybe a little brown here and there.

Thanks for looking!

Saw the update was like WHAAATS HE GOT NOW :biggrin.:

Looks great as always!

Thanks Kolgrim, nice to hear, since they were a lot of work!

Very nice as always. What does your travel painting kit consist of? I need to travel next week and I'm considering taking some stuff with me.

Thanks Son of Sacrifice.

My kit looks like this:

img_6120-1.jpg

img_6121-1.jpg

The miniatures are wrapped up in tissue paper - this fits four, plus paints and brushes.

In addition there's two other small plastic containers that one fits inside of the other - one I use as a water pot, the other a wet palette.

Always neat to see ways people transport their stuff places, I'm going back to my aunts house in FL next week to get my 40k stuff I had around the early 2000's. It's just in a tackle box but it was good enough to hold a couple squads on the front of it and then it had like a box on top had room for 2 Land Raiders and some other stuff. Mainly bits and other minis I couldn't fit in the lure trays. Have like a half painted half primed SW army think it was like 1500-2k points back then been so long I can't remember the exact amount.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is a super cool conversion and artwork! You're conversions are so inspiring. Can't wait to see more!

Ah yes, glue and swearing; the foundation of all my conversions. 

I'd been thinking of a bike conversion similar to this and you beat me to it. I may have to borrow from this when I get to it. 

Wow. Just, wow.

I'll be following this intently. Such inspiration.

That's insane. So, so, good. Can't wait to see the next stage.

that bike is awesome

Lovely work. There are too many things I enjoy to name. So I'll settle for lovely work.

Now for the jacket on the biker femme fatal

Thanks all!!!

Harley 'Commando' work in progress:

img_6316.jpg

Since the original post, I've done three different sculpting sessions interspersed with the inevitable sanding.

img_6311-1.jpg

Kit-bashed her rifle some - basically cut out the barrel piece from between the main body and the suppressor, fiddled with the scope a tad, and eventually cut away the left hand that came with it - next stage will be building the forward handle setup and getting the left arm to fit.

img_6314.jpg

And as you can see, finally managed to get the rifle arm to sit correctly and more importantly, level.

Once the arms are set, it'll be time to do the jacket... that should be interesting ;)

Thanks for looking!

Right on nice to see your post again! Looking cool so far, is the bike from GSC line?

The body is from an Eldar wind-rider bike, the engine and suspension are some parts Atalan Jackal bits and some parts scratch, the wheels are from the Genestealer quadbike thing.

I think the GSC head would be fine with some greenstuffed hair - Lamby, are you planning on keeping the buzz cut from the artwork or doing something different?  A ponytail, a page cut or a bob would all look good and help disguise the original source of the head.

Biker-chan is looking excellent! I really dig the bike itself, I thought it was a cut up Infinity model at first. As for hair, may I make the suggestion of scavenging some topknots from somewhere (the old CSM kit is great for this) and giving her a pair of pigtails/bunches?

Nice work on the biker

Thanks Cadius!

Love all your work here!

And really nice progress on the biker! Seeing that rifle is being held pretty low, I'd say the C-clamp grip seems a valid one. However certainly not an easy one to sculpt :wink:

Thanks Majkhel!

I've gone with the older-school forward grip - there'll be no C-clamping on my range :wink:

I think a different head would look so much better than the gsc head

Possibly, but since this is the only one I have right now, I'm sticking with it.

I think the GSC head would be fine with some greenstuffed hair - Lamby, are you planning on keeping the buzz cut from the artwork or doing something different?  A ponytail, a page cut or a bob would all look good and help disguise the original source of the head.

Thanks for the input, Dr_Ruminahui - planning on just the buzzcut - though later on in this discussion there's mention of pigtails, which I just happen to have, so not sure now...

Unfortunately there is only 1 head I can think of that would have the look and it’s a SoB head.

Can't get hold of anything SoB right now...

Biker-chan is looking excellent! I really dig the bike itself, I thought it was a cut up Infinity model at first. As for hair, may I make the suggestion of scavenging some topknots from somewhere (the old CSM kit is great for this) and giving her a pair of pigtails/bunches?

Thanks Evil Eye - as discussed above, I might go for the buzzcut with a pair of pigtails...

A lot of work for little visual change, however I managed to get the left arm and left hand into place:

img_6451.jpg

And for those who might want to know, here's a little infograph of the gun mods:

gun-rebuild.jpg

Heels and cloak/coat to go...

Thanks for looking!

• 1 month later...

Working only a few spare minutes at a time over the last few weeks, finally managed to get the Witchhunter retinue's remaining two members closer to completion.

The Witchhunter herself - Inquisitor Tessene - and her base is almost done apart from some final sanding and a little more detailing on her boots... and removal of those insidious cat hairs!

img_6933.jpg

img_6934.jpg

And Harley's base is done - only the sculpting to complete her jacket to go!

img_6936.jpg

img_6938.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...