ETL III is coming...

Captain Semper

Now we are getting closer I can more reliably say that some Deathwing will be painted by me during this event tongue.png

Thanks for the motivation Brother Captain Semper.

biggrin.png

Sgt Stobz

That is a brilliant idea Stobz for more reasons than one!!! msn-wink.gif

SG

Could it be Terminators against the Doggies??

I really hope so - I have loads to do

4 x DV worth and a DW Knights box. I had better start putting them together just to be ready smile.png

+++BROTHERS ASSEMBLE!+++

gallery_27176_8461_17922.jpg

Last year the Unforgiven asserted their dominance on the lesser Astartes - loyal and traitor alike! We are rightfully awarded the the title Primus Inter Pares for who should be more fitting as first among equals than the scions of the First!

But the followers of the Codex consolidate their power... The Blood Angels are painting their armour black in rage, the Space Wolves are barking with insolence at our doorsteps! The Traitors gather in greater numbers than ever and even the ghosts of 10,000 years past have returned to challenge us! Mankind's soldiers and special agencies will also make their presence felt - we cannot ignore the threat they present!

And now the time to defend our title has come. Are we the dominant power we once were or shall we allow lesser Chapters to rise to prominence? I say, teach them their rightful place, none other than followers of the Glorious First!

Don your bone-white armour, raise your relic weapons and join the fray - we may not be forgiven but we do not forgive either!

For the Lion!!!

The prep has started, just ordered 350 magnets of various sizes for this and other projects.

Hopefully they will be here by next weekend but I do have some left to tide me over till then.

I intend to spread the extra bits from the DW Knights around the DV termies along with some other arms I still have laying around.

I suspect that the first vow will consist of Azrael, Balthazar and Asmodi (though it rather depends on what on the shadow guard has planned ). Though I also have a squad or two of cataphracii waiting in the wings. Looking forward to seeing more awesome painting from the unforgiven

I have just spent the better part of 3 hours cleaning mold lines and flash from 20 DV termies and 5 DW Knights.

Just need to work out the best way of converting the DV termies so it does not look like Attack of the Clones ;)

starting on Mold lines /assembling tomorrow myself(least on some things)..... dw knights 5to10 or so/20 termies-possibly 30)....several tacticals....1 full RW squads(6men +attack bike/landspeeder).....2 or 3 predators....LR crusader.....several rhinos ...2 whirlwinds...razorbacks....scouts....assault squad several special characters .....needless to say much time will be spent in the next few days/weeks planning vows in a tactical way,lol....(& in a realistic way) Paints all on the way(least extras) new airbrush ready & things supplied & waiting....(joined just for this ETL)Time to Paint some 1st! Legion (or Dress wearers as another adeptus called us LMAO paint those dresses well brothers....& wear them proudly)

Darn!

ATM I'm painting an OOP GK for a buddy (non-gamer, just a general freak) and was pushing for the "easy and slow, do your best"...and now this.

It COULD be the perfect excuse to build and paint the Nephilim though...

I hate you Semper...because you timing has nothing to do with my poor painting rate :P

Considering you all won the ETL last year, I've been going around The Rock trying to get some painting tips.

As a general note to anyone wondering, opening conversations by asking a Dark Angel 'So, what's your secret?' is a bad idea. laugh.png

On a more serious note, I'm looking forward to the ETL this year - should be interesting to see how everyone does!

And if you don't have an airbrush then at least base spray from a can :)

I will be starting a little late this year and may be a little slower than normal. Too many other xenos projects and a holiday smack in the middle...

You do this on purpose Capt. Semper!

Sorry guys, not sure where my painting heart is going this year. Had the crap beat outta my greenwing last night and mostly by IG. Disappointing and have to blame the dice Gods a bit too. 2 more days and I shall see. Honestly been better with my GK lately game wise and after last years, just have to see. 2 DAYS. Come on Elmo, ya gotta help convince me to stay DA buddy.

@Elmo before I acquired a airbrush I used can spray it works just as well though a little harder to control how thick it goes on sometimes....as we know there are Many varied ways to get similar effects....

@Dread how many termies did you have in your greenwing? (if any) & did you field a more gunline type greenwing etc?....also those lil IG lasergun shots add up sometimes.specially if you try to outstrength a IG strength of #s army...

Stay DA brother.

But there is nothing wrong with branching out either...

My delay in jumping in with both feet is due to playing dirty xenos in an upcoming tournament and needing to repaint a hammerhead and skyray out of personal pride!

Once these are done then the Lion will have my full attention until the end of the ETL. Who knows, I may also make a dent in the RW I have gathering dust or finally get the nephilim done.

The ETL is a great motivator for painting no matter how much you achieve. Look at me last year, after almost a year of putting it off the ETL gave me the kick to finally get the ares done.

I still have so much to paint I am glad for any help I can get ;)

I thought about getting an airbrush at one point but I think I will be sticking with army painter spray cans for now.

I plan on doing my vows semi grouped(meaning) alot of ravenwing at once.....or alot of greenwing or Dwing etc ,so I can assembly line them sorta & perfect my painting methods by mass of #s & repetition(with the odd Vehicle thrown in to keep interest up for myself)been some time since seriously painting anything...you know what they say about making plans ,lol.

@Elmo I will repeat your own words: Stay DA Brother... : )

Even though my very limited hobby time has lately been dedicated to my Tearers, I'm seriously considering standing with my Unforgiven brothers on this one. Why you might ask? Well, just to show those insolent pups their place at their Master's feet. devil.gif

The recent appearance of a two-month old Watcher in the Dark is making things a bit trickier, but I think I could squeeze in at least our Supreme Grand Master and something else.

Elmo, just make sure your 1st vow is in by end of May... After that the doors close! ;)

Have no fear Master of Recruits, I intend to vow 25 termies as soon as the doors open. It may just take a couple of weeks to get started. I hope to get additional vows in before the doors close. ;)

Archived