ETL III is coming...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... That is cute...

But is it in any list? Can you legally field it? Even it was in a HH list (don't have Extermination yet) - you're not playing for the HH team - or are you? ;)

Captain Semper

The Really Evil One

Bane of Good Fun

PS: Look, you can always use it as an out-of-competition entry - you still get the tight time limits of the ETL for motivation, the Custos Fidei if you make it on time and it will be eligible for the most impressive mini award...

Hey, if IA13 comes out in time...

Doubt it. HH3 only just came out.
Date I saw was Summer/Fall '14. So a slight chance. Can always pledge ooc, then have it count if the book comes out in time.

Will have to see.

You bet your a** I'm coming back. I can't give up my Chaos championship title after having it for the first two! And I still need revenge from last year when some loyalist painted more points than I did. Any Idea if non 40k approved FW will be allowed this year? I'd like to do the brass scorpion and a khorne tower of skulls. 

You bet your a** I'm coming back. I can't give up my Chaos championship title after having it for the first two! And I still need revenge from last year when some loyalist painted more points than I did. Any Idea if non 40k approved FW will be allowed this year? I'd like to do the brass scorpion and a khorne tower of skulls. 

Nice to have you back steve, what do you have for us this year?  

I mean its not really a scratch build, I dont have the plasticard talent. Its a baneblade chassis with the building pieces from city ruins and a bunch of random 40k guns. But I dont have to do that. I do have 3 shadowswords and two baneblades that need to get done. And the tzeentch demon lord, and the brass scorpion, and about 100 dudes. Does traitor guard count for this? Cause if so I have 20 russes that need to get done also :P if not its fine I have plenty of CSM that need to be finished!

Well, if it is a conversion, that's another story... ;)

And you need to do something about the sig - it's getting outside B&C limitations. Maybe substitute the Custos Fidei with the medallion versions?

Figure I might as well get smacked down by the Captain now instead at the beginning of the ETL, but a quick question.
For the Khorne terminators I will be pledging, I will be converting the FW Red Butchers models. Since these are clearly veterans of the legion (legionary markings, Heresy-era models, etc. ) Would I be allowed to get the points for Veterans of the Long War towards my pledge?

Figure I might as well get smacked down by the Captain now instead at the beginning of the ETL, but a quick question.

For the Khorne terminators I will be pledging, I will be converting the FW Red Butchers models. Since these are clearly veterans of the legion (legionary markings, Heresy-era models, etc. ) Would I be allowed to get the points for Veterans of the Long War towards my pledge?

Actually, the rules have been suprisingly reasonable for things like this. I recall last year that I asked if I could use a sort of battlefield detritus (loyalist helmets) on the bases to count as vetrans, and it was ok'd. I believe the same has been done with trophies and shoulder insignias. Usually as long as it's visually represented, it goes. Of course you have to get pretty fancy in some cases.. like a psyker daemon making heads explode.

I'm sure you'll surpass me this year, I've got a ton of xenon I still have to paint in congruence with the etl

Yes, that'd be sufficient. Generally the idea is to avoid getting something for nothing. If you do the effort, the points will awarded...

Captain, fixed the sig, but got another question. for prestaging purposes I don't remember the specifics. I know they could be primed and such, but was a base coat allowed?

Unpainted or under coated or at most in very early stages of painting (no more than a base coat). But the latter is subjective. So if you want to be sure you won't have any issues do not pass the undercoating stage.

Captain Semper... What if he pledges an apocalypse force? Chaos can use any Imperial unit/formation in apocalypse... So it would be legal :D

I like your thinking :tu:

Look guys, wait for the full rules to come up - some questions will be answered.

However, unless the entry of the model clearly states it can be used with the Chaos Codex your best bet is to use it as a count-as. Count-as Land Raider for example. Yes you will forgo some points (and in some cases a lot of points) but that's part of the deal - you still get to paint your favorite model and you still add some points to the Chaos cause... How about that?

Have a look in last year's FAQ - the link is in my sig...

Soon things will be cleared up... :D

Archived